2024 Deployment Schedule

Vlad

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am torn. I might have to step out of my comfort zone and actually be patient to see what else (other than overpriced Wonder and Icon) is sailing out Florida from December 2024-Spring 2025.

I feel your pain. This is totally me. I have a next cruise deposit burning a hole in my pocket but I really don't want to commit until I see what Symphony is going to be doing and what 9-10-11-12 night offerings there might around our wedding anniversary in December. 😭

I'm hoping Odyssey comes to NYC at some point like the rumors are saying, for now holding off on booking Symphony because we already have Alaska in May 2024. It's really nice to have an Oasis class option up here in the northeast but I like the Quantum class a little better. Anthem has my heart though I'd love to try on Odyssey without having the additional travel costs to FL.

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

Never cruised out of Galveston but I couldn't wait so I grabbed a January 2025 2 BR ATS on Harmony. The price couldn't be beat. The price for 3 of us was 1/3 what the same on Wonder was out of Port Canaveral. 

I did the same on Harmony for 2-2-2025. Under $8K in A-2 for my family of 5. 
I didn’t want to risk waiting and have other ships released with no kids sail free promotion. My biggest regret will be if Oasis, Allure or Odyssey offer better itineraries and kids sail free is extended. 

On 12/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Placed a hold on AD for 12-21-24 and 12-27-24 (Grand Suite).  Really good prices.  That will be Christmas/NY cruises on AD for 2 years in a row (23 and 24).  Actually, 23 started out on VY but they did the ol' switcheroo on us so now it's AD...same difference.

The itins are fairly boring but the prices are so good I just looked past the boring itins.

We were looking very closely at these two sailings and decided to go with AD for 12-27-24 over New Years. Just a little more price wise, two extra days, and the better itinerary of the two. 

4 hours ago, Sweety said:

I am a teacher. My students took all my patience. I have to book one more cruise for Spring break 2025. 

I hear you 1000000% - waiting/checking the deployment schedule is getting me through my students' ludicrous requests during finals week....well, that and alcohol...

5 hours ago, Sweety said:

I am going over the review for the finals next week. The students are giving me the Homer Simpson look. I need the teacher survival kit: 3 day cruises. Please Royal release the 3-5 day cruises soon.

I just had a student request a delay on their final because their cat died. 😑 Just...sorry it happened, but no. 

Gimme those 3-4 day cruises too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, FionaMG said:

A couple of TAs have just showed up on Adventure. I'm guessing she must be due a dry dock because she's coming across from Orlando to Lisbon in October 2024 and returning a couple of weeks later. However, someone needs a geography lesson because despite being called "Transatlantic Azores" that eastbound one goes nowhere near the Azores. 🙄

image.thumb.png.b9f80546805ae104e4a6ee7285280446.png

Is there any info about this Dry dock? 

56 minutes ago, Austin said:

No info at this time. 3ish weeks is not much time so I doubt they will be doing much. Probably “under the hood” work.

As far as I know, other Voyager class refurbishments took between 3 and 5 weeks. However Adventure has already  the perfect storm installed so they could add Playmakers and others updates. 

Mariner and Navigator were 5ish weeks each but the amplifications were extensive. Explorer starts Jan 29 and is not back until March 12 so it’ll be interesting to see what happens since nothing has been announced yet (she doesn’t have water slides or Playmakers). It’s almost two years away for Adventure so anything could happen. If they need extra time for a true amp, they’ll just cancel a cruise or two.

24 minutes ago, Austin said:

Mariner and Navigator were 5ish weeks each but the amplifications were extensive. Explorer starts Jan 29 and is not back until March 12 so it’ll be interesting to see what happens since nothing has been announced yet (she doesn’t have water slides or Playmakers). It’s almost two years away for Adventure so anything could happen. If they need extra time for a true amp, they’ll just cancel a cruise or two.

The Navigator amplification was done in Freeport before their dry dock crane incident that dropped a crane on Oasis.  Since then all but small ships don't dry dock in Freeport but head over to France or Spain to dry dock.  

Royal doesn't publish where they dry dock so we will all need to wait and see if ships spend the time to sail over to Europe and come back which takes several days on each end of the break that we see on the cruise calendar for bookable dates.