What is the Wellness Check

Rusty2727

Hello, we are schedule to cruise on Allure in January, for the first time in 3 years. We have received our check in time which includes a wellness check.  This is new to us and we are wondering what it is? Prior to Covid we had to fill out the health questionnaire, is it similar to that?  Thanks for any help!

The agent at the port checking you in may ask several wellness questions. Do you have a fever? Cough?  Have you been in contact with a Covid positive person? Are you pregnant so many months?…etc. As long as your honest answers are no, you’re good to go! However, the last few cruises out of Port Liberty, I wasn’t asked any questions. YMMV. Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, CruiseLover101 said:

First time cruisers here! Booked to set sail on Feb 10th for a 3 day cruise to the bahamas! Just curious what does the wellness check in consist of? Also, do we have to show proof of a negative PCR test before boarding? Thanks!!

the wellness check in the app is 4 questions pertaiing to Covid and pregnancy.  At the pier they might ask those questions again.
PCR tests have been gone for a while.  There are very few cruises where a Covid test is necessary (transatlantic is one and I believe transpacific the other and I believe Australia) you can click on the health button in the Royal App to see what your sailing requirements may be

We just completed our 4th cruise since the end of COVID protocols (we are unvaxxed).  Only once did ANYone ask us a single question about our wellness check.  That was on turnaround day for our B2B on OA in December.  The lady simply asked us to verify that all of our answers on the wellness check were accurate and we said "yes".  That was it.  Not even at check-in has anyone [else] mentioned the wellness check.  I think it is pretty much a moot issue at this point.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We just completed our 4th cruise since the end of COVID protocols (we are unvaxxed).  Only once did ANYone ask us a single question about our wellness check.  That was on turnaround day for our B2B on OA in December.  The lady simply asked us to verify that all of our answers on the wellness check were accurate and we said "yes".  That was it.  Not even at check-in has anyone [else] mentioned the wellness check.  I think it is pretty much a moot issue at this point.

Thanks for posting your experience. On Saturday we'll be heading out on our FIRST since the shutdown as we are unvaxed also. To say we're  excited is an understatement.  I was curious (but not worried) about what to expect so your comments came at a perfect time!

26 minutes ago, fireclan said:

Thanks for posting your experience. On Saturday we'll be heading out on our FIRST since the shutdown as we are unvaxed also. To say we're  excited is an understatement.  I was curious (but not worried) about what to expect so your comments came at a perfect time!

Yippee !  Congratulations and have a GREAT time !

• 4 months later...

We’ve been on three since the restart, also unvaxxed. The first (in September) required a copy of the PCR test we’d taken at home (or whatever they’re called), the second (January) asked about our check in questions, vax status, etc. The third (in April) didn’t ask about vax status at all and was just like checking in like 2019 normal. I’m referring on all of these to the in person questions asked at the port.

We just booked a Transatlantic for next April on Anthem of the Seas.  I looked up  about the vax requirements because the last time I checked they wouldn't allow you if you weren't vaxed.  Now the rule applies only if the cruise involves Australia so we finally are going on a 12 day cruise that is what we had booked for April 2020.  It will be our first time to see England and we are going all in and taking the train to Amsterdam to spend a few days before flying home.

BTW, the prices for several of the Transatlantic cruises for a Spacious Ocean View room was $97 per person/per day for cruise, taxes and fees.  The Explorer of the Seas is an older ship but they were priced even less for the April 2024 Transatlantic.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, we’ll be cruising with Spectrum for the first time on next Jan. Just wondering related to apps check in since we face trouble on the Arrival Time section in which we need to pick one of those 4 available options. And we didn’t find it perfectly with our cruise schedule since the options are between 1PM to 3PM while our cruise schedule will be departing at 6AM. Could somebody answer or explain about this? Really appreciate for any feedback. Thank you

50 minutes ago, Rianti said:

Hello, we’ll be cruising with Spectrum for the first time on next Jan. Just wondering related to apps check in since we face trouble on the Arrival Time section in which we need to pick one of those 4 available options. And we didn’t find it perfectly with our cruise schedule since the options are between 1PM to 3PM while our cruise schedule will be departing at 6AM. Could somebody answer or explain about this? Really appreciate for any feedback. Thank you

Welcome to the boards!

I think there is an error in departure time. On boarding day the ship would never leave that early. Maybe 6pm. 
Just pick your checkin time as you prefer between 1pm and 3pm and you will be onboard before the ship departs. 

55 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Welcome to the boards!

I think there is an error in departure time. On boarding day the ship would never leave that early. Maybe 6pm. 
Just pick your checkin time as you prefer between 1pm and 3pm and you will be onboard before the ship departs. 

All of the departures in Asia on Spectrum next January are showing between 4PM and 5PM.  Perhaps something is displaying a time zone adjustment.

On 12/20/2023 at 12:43 AM, Doug_Texas said:

All of the departures in Asia on Spectrum next January are showing between 4PM and 5PM.  Perhaps something is displaying a time zone adjustment.

Hi! Thanks for your response. Here I attach the boarding time from Royal apps which departs from Spore. I don’t know which time time but it should be Spore time

IMG_9093.png