Diamond Plus > lounge denied > Voucher changes in order.

Censored

I only went to this lounge for a specialty expresso now and then.  The Hors d'oeuvres  have never been appealing  to me  , but I do on on occasion utilize the services of the concierge.  So now I must use my drink vouchers to get a expresso.  So the perks are getting to the point where value is diminished, and non motivating to achieve.  I would suggest to change the drink voucher system to  "drink dollars"  .  It seems like a waste to use the vouchers for a bottle of water or coffee.  For a one week cruise, you get 5 drinks a day which equals 35 drinks x $14  = $490.   Why not just deduct dollar for dollar every drink you select from that?   ( $14 reflects maximum price of drink allowed)    

1 hour ago, Censored said:

I only went to this lounge for a specialty expresso now and then.  The Hors d'oeuvres  have never been appealing  to me  , but I do on on occasion utilize the services of the concierge.  So now I must use my drink vouchers to get a expresso.  So the perks are getting to the point where value is diminished, and non motivating to achieve.  I would suggest to change the drink voucher system to  "drink dollars"  .  It seems like a waste to use the vouchers for a bottle of water or coffee.  For a one week cruise, you get 5 drinks a day which equals 35 drinks x $14  = $490.   Why not just deduct dollar for dollar every drink you select from that?   ( $14 reflects maximum price of drink allowed)    

Good idea, BUT never going to happen!

It seems to me the voucher system enables us to get a better glass of wine than the "generic" wine we had for "free" in the Diamond Lounge or at CAS events.  Never was in the Concierge Lounge, so I can't comment on their selection.  The vouchers plus the DL espresso machine seem like an excellent perk for me; saves buying a coffee card, at least.  I am very happy with the Loyalty Program, even with the recent changes.

We've been Diamonds for 3 years now and for whatever reasons just used the Diamond lounge for the first time on our Nov 26 Explorer cruise.  It was really nice...food, service and the coffee machine were really good. And it wasn't crowded. We tried the DL on a couple other cruises but it was always so crowded or we were with non D family we passed.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

As @WAAAYTOOO said, you can get the espresso from the Diamond Lounge. And the Diamond host can perform similar function as the Concierge host.

20 minutes ago, Censored said:

You went? Perhaps I did not read it correct.  Suite guests/Pinnacle only.

concierge lounge/  does not mean Diamond lounge?  Or are they changing the Diamond lounge to a "Concierge lounge?

1 hour ago, Censored said:

yes, I got that. I was under the impression they were doing away with Diamond lounge .

Double checked the article; they are getting rid of Diamond and up member access to the Concierge/Suite Lounge. The Diamond Lounge will still exist and be accessible to on those ships which have it (adventure, allure, Freedom, harmony, independence, liberty, mariner, navigator, oasis, Odyssey, symphony, spectrum, voyager, wonder...and presumably Icon)

It’s time for another program refresh. Get rid of the BS across all tiers that the majority of people don’t use and provide more value options that actually get use. At some point they will need to either slide the point scale or create a new level (or 2) anyway. Does anyone give a rats ass about the diamond lounge? Phase it out. Give us more free drinks or a voucher for speciality dining. Once you have reached D, D+ and above I think that loyalty should be recognized a bit more by a company that depends on this customer base for their bottom line. 

I have to agree that Royal should phase out the lounge access from the reward program and stick with additional drinks or a specialty dining benefit.  The suite lounge and coastal kitchen should remain a suite level benefit.  Folks who are cruising at that level are paying dearly for that benefit and the quality of their experience should be protected.

2 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Not to sound hoity toity, but I really haven't seen much value in being D, or D+.  If you already prefer suites and sail with a DX booze package... meh.  I'm waiting to see if the 340 point level really reduces the single supplement in practice.  That would be real value.  Big dollars going from 200% to 150%.

I agree, toss the entire C&A program in the toilet and flush it. With that being said, I think the Royal Suite program is due for an update…

16 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Not to sound hoity toity, but I really haven't seen much value in being D, or D+.  If you already prefer suites and sail with a DX booze package... meh.  I'm waiting to see if the 340 point level really reduces the single supplement in practice.  That would be real value.  Big dollars going from 200% to 150%.

As with most things, it's a YMMV situation.

With 5 drinks/day, my wife and I no longer buy the drink package.  Saves us about $1100-1200 on a week cruise.   

To us, that and the D+ BOGO dining that we use twice are the decent money savers.  We'll occasionally use the wash and fold laundry perk but that's not a big deal to us.

15 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Y’all talking about booting pins from the suite lounge need to know those are probably fighting words to some. 

Exactly why I think that the suite lounge should be reserved for those that are paying for a suite.  The sense of ownership or entitlement among some, and I am stressing not all, of the pinnacle members is simply irritating.  

The looks and comments my family would get from some of those folks is really shocking.  My kids were never disrespectful or exceedingly loud it would just be the reaction and the whispers when we would disrupt their private meeting room with our presence.  It would seem that they believed they owned the lounge and coastal kitchen.  Every time we would go into there they were always sitting in the same spots.  I can only assume that they were they from morning until night as they were always in the same spots whether we went for breakfast, lunch or dinner.