Free Soda Packages

olejt

I have seen this been discussed before:

The new EAT • DRINK • PLAY complimentary amenities offer guests in Boardwalk balcony staterooms

• Complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets.
  • Complimentary Royal Refreshment soda package for two guests.
  • Exclusive rock climbing wall experience for the entire Family.

BUT this is my question; I have read somewhere that the complimentary Royal Refreshment soda package for two guests in each stateroom, is given to the first two names on the booking. Is this correct ? I have booked two staterooms; stateroom one on the booking -- Adult - Adult - Child and on stateroom two on the booking: Adult - Child - Child. All the adults shall have the Deluxe package, and do not need the sofa package.....what then ??? Can we change it , so the children gets the free soda package. If not, I can only use one of the free packages, and have to buy two...

I'm not sure if you can change it--perhaps someone eye will chime in; however, you can give the regulable mugs to the kids to use at the Freestyle machines during the cruise. The primary disadvantage, if you can't get it switched, is that they will only be able to get sis at the machines, not at bars or in the restraunts. 

As Doc suggested, you could simply give the kids the refillable mugs and let them just use that.  I think in most cases, that will work for them.

Alternatively, you could go to Guest Services to bequeath your drink package benefits to the kid(s). Not sure if they can fix that for you, but it seems like a reasonable request.

I will probably buy Soda Packages for my kids so they can get soda also at bars and restaurants. And as the planner I am,I would really like to have this settled before my cruise. I can just imagine that there is some waiting time at Guest Service when we board the ship, and maybe they can not change this anyway....?

I also sent a mail to RCCL asking about this, and asked if they could change this , or maybe they can change the order of the names in the bookings ?? I will post the answer here.

Please report back and let us know the outcome. 

Personally,I would wait until I got onboard for the kids to see if this can be switched as I don't like to pay for something I don't have to. I'm confident this is something the Food and Beverage Manager could address onboard. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

Please report back and let us know the outcome. 

Personally,I would wait until I got onboard for the kids to see if this can be switched as I don't like to pay for something I don't have to. I'm confident this is something the Food and Beverage Manager could address onboard. 

I agree with DocLC. Wait until you get on board to do anything. If they can fix it, and I don't see why not, great. And if they can't you haven't lost anything by waiting to get the soda pkgs. I don't see why it matters who in the room gets the free soda pkgs, as long as it's not more than two free per room.

I have not done this, but I just read recently that going to guest services will take care of the problem.  I have had thee soda package as well as the Ultimate drink package and couldn't have the cost of the soda package deducted from the alcohol package because technically, I didn't pay for it.  

My S&S card had the preprinted Coke logo and also the sticker for the drink package.

I think there were many complaints from parents re giving the soda package to the first 2 occupants of the cabin, so perhaps allowing the change makes sense,  Good luck

I/We, my family 2 cabins 1 adult 1child  in 1 and 2 adults and 2 children in other, that we could not buy any other drink packages(Ultimate) online or we would lose the free Soda deal. but to wait until we were on board to purchase any other drink package so customer service on the ship could make the changes. So We'll see how this turns out in a few months. it just makes it bad becuase then you can not take advantage of pre-cruise package deals. 

On 4/18/2017 at 5:47 AM, olejt said:

I have seen this been discussed before:

The new EAT • DRINK • PLAY complimentary amenities offer guests in Boardwalk balcony staterooms

• Complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets.
  • Complimentary Royal Refreshment soda package for two guests.
  • Exclusive rock climbing wall experience for the entire Family.

What exactly comes with the boardwalk cabin? Is it complimentary SODA ONLY or is it the REFRESHMENT beverage package that shows in the Cruise Planner that also includes non-alcoholic beverages like smoothies, premium coffee, bottled water? 

33 minutes ago, Drewmommy said:

What exactly comes with the boardwalk cabin? Is it complimentary SODA ONLY or is it the REFRESHMENT beverage package that shows in the Cruise Planner that also includes non-alcoholic beverages like smoothies, premium coffee, bottled water? 

I know there is a classic soda package and a royal refreshment package, but not a royal refreshment soda package. Maybe olejt is a little confused or the wording of the deal is confusing. Somebody online will have the answer.

1 hour ago, Drewmommy said:

It's a meal at Johnny Rockets and the soda package, which I believe is called the Refreshment package. There one that includes water, coffee, mochtails, etc. is called the Replenish package. 

8 minutes ago, DocLC said:

It's a meal at Johnny Rockets and the soda package, which I believe is called the Refreshment package. There one that includes water, coffee, mochtails, etc. is called the Replenish package. 

I only see 3 different beverage packages in my Cruise Planner.  Deluxe, Refreshment and Soda.  I went into the RCI website and did a fake booking for a boardwalk balcony.  It looks like the complimentary package is SODA ONLY. 

Just now, Drewmommy said:

I only see 3 different beverage packages in my Cruise Planner.  Deluxe, Refreshment and Soda.  I went into the RCI website and did a fake booking for a boardwalk balcony.  It looks like the complimentary package is SODA ONLY. 

It is definitely soda only with the Boardwalk cabins; I know that for sure.  I must just have my names mixed up. I wish they change them to "soda" and "soda and more" packages like some of the other lines as it's less confusing. 

18 hours ago, fmanke said:

I know there is a classic soda package and a royal refreshment package, but not a royal refreshment soda package. Maybe olejt is a little confused or the wording of the deal is confusing. Somebody online will have the answer.

Correct. I am a little bit confused :12_slight_smile:  As I can see it, this is the classic soda package. Still waiting for an answer from RCCL if I can get this package on my kids..

3 hours ago, olejt said:

Correct. I am a little bit confused :12_slight_smile:  As I can see it, this is the classic soda package. Still waiting for an answer from RCCL if I can get this package on my kids..

its soda only and we were told it went to 1st 2 people listed on cabin  only and could not be moved or upgraded pre cruise.

Finally got an answer from RCCL:

"

With EAT - DRINK - PLAY you get the following complimentary amenities for guests in Boardwalk Balcony staterooms:

- Complimentary  meal for up to four guests at Johnny Rockets

- Complimentary soda package for two guests that you arrange onboard (Not deluxe beverage package)

- Exclusive rock climbing wall experience for the entire family

·              EAT: Guests will find a welcome letter valid for a lunch at either

Giovanni’s,Sabor, Johnny Rockets or Jamie’s for Park View or a meal for up to 4 people for Johnny Rockets for Boardwalk.

·              DRINK: Guests will receive the soda packages for Boardwalk in their

stateroom on day one.

·              PLAY: Guests will have to show in person to reserve their rock

climbing lessons."

If I understand their reply correct, I can arrange the complimentary soda package onboard for two guests, and here is not mentioned that it has to be the two first persons on the bookings. I specifically asked that in my question to RCCL if this was "reserved" for the first two persons on the bookings. So I will print out this answer from RCCL and bring it with me , and then I think I can get the complimentary soda package for anyone in my stateroom.

1 hour ago, olejt said:

"

With EAT - DRINK - PLAY you get the following complimentary amenities for guests in Boardwalk Balcony staterooms:

- Complimentary soda package for two guests that you arrange onboard (Not deluxe beverage package)

·              EAT: Guests will find a welcome letter valid for a lunch at either

Giovanni’s,Sabor, Johnny Rockets or Jamie’s for Park View or a meal for up to 4 people for Johnny Rockets for Boardwalk.

·              DRINK: Guests will receive the soda packages for Boardwalk in their

stateroom on day one.

climbing lessons."

If I understand their reply correct, I can arrange the complimentary soda package onboard for two guests, and here is not mentioned that it has to be the two first persons on the bookings. I specifically asked that in my question to RCCL if this was "reserved" for the first two persons on the bookings. So I will print out this answer from RCCL and bring it with me , and then I think I can get the complimentary soda package for anyone in my stateroom.

that goes along with what we were told that the soda packages could be arranged once onboard but doesn't solve the issue of pre-purchasing any other package without losing the free soda deals 

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:25 AM, olejt said:

"

stateroom on day one.

climbing lessons."

Ok....I did a search to find this thread. New to these message boards, but LOVE the blog and podcast Matt!!

I recently booked a boardwalk balcony for my family (DH and me and our 2 children). Is the EAT DRINK PLAY promotion for each Boardwalk Balcony? I was going to get just the soda package (the basic $8.50/per day plus gratuity--about $70 for our week long cruise.) in the cruise planner. It looks like that will be included for the 2 adults in our stateroom? I didn't see anything about this promotion when I booked and I didn't know if this is promotion is still valid? I am really excited about this!!! Also Johnny Rockets because we hardly do any specialty restaurants (because there is plenty of free food as my DH says, which is true--although many of you think I am crazy!!!)