NextCruise

Just got off the phone with Royal. Some things to take note of:

1. I booked a JS ($100) deposit using NextCruise. Chose IOBC. -- Deposit is non-refundable (I knew this)
  2. I called last week and upgraded to a GS or higher 2 weeks later -- Additional Deposit not required, deposit still non-refundable (I knew this)
  3. I called today to add a 5th person to my suite. Due to their system, they have to create another reservation and link them together even though it's the same room. Additional $100 non-refundable deposit is now required: I did not know this, however I understand a deposit being required on a new reservation number. However, I did not understand why that additional deposit is now non-refundable.

1 hour ago, clmsnskr said:

Additional $100 non-refundable deposit is now required: I did not know this, however I understand a deposit being required on a new reservation number. However, I did not understand why that additional deposit is now non-refundable.

They changed it last month because evidently there was a loophole some guests were exploiting: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/22/royal-caribbean-changes-policy-towards-booking-suites-future-cruises

Thanks for the response.  However a statement from the policy says ""In recognition of the high demand onboard for our Suite inventory and the added value of the NextCruise onboard credit, non-refundable deposits are currently only applicable to onboard Suite bookings."

I did not book a suite on board, I booked a non-suite, then later upgraded to a suite.  The rule of a full deposit and only being able to choose Future Onboard Credit was not imposed on my reservation.  But, it seems now that to add the 5th to an already reserver suite, I would have to be an additional $100 non-refundable deposit, but I would not also get $100 as Future Onboard Credit.  It's not like I'm reducing their inventory by adding another person to my already reserved suite.