Shuttle services from Hotel near MCO (Orlando Airport) to Port Canaveral the next day.

Royal Man

Hello all cruisers. We are flying to MCO (Orlando Airport) next year 2023. Hotel there will pick us up and take us back to hotel to spend the night there in Orlando. The next morning we will need to get to Port Canaveral to get on the Wonder of the Seas. Then after 7 day cruise we will need to get back to airport MCO. (Orlando Airport). Any suggestions on how to get to Port Canaveral from hotel then back to airport after cruise? Or should we just fly into MCO then have some type of shuttle service pick us up from airport then take us to Port Canaveral to spend the night there instead. Then after cruise take us back to airport. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated and any names of shuttle services we could use. Thank You.

GoPort might be an option. I believe they have hotel and shuttle offerings that are decently priced. 

I think when it comes to PC and MCO its sort of relative. The airport will be far from the port, hotels near the port will be expensive. Hotels close to MCO will be a little bit cheaper but a Lyft/Uber will be between $65-90.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn, near the port and close to $260/N, and caught a Lyft that was like $12. But the cost to the airport from the port was $75+. I took a GoPort shuttle, I had to wait but luckily my flight was after 1pm, and it was $24. I could have booked a package that would have included a hotel stay, transportation to the port, the hotel and back to the airport for cheaper. 

Cruise Control Transportation or Cortrans Transportation, both have excellent service.    I fly into MCO and book a hotel in the Samoran Blvd area.  Lots of hotels in every price range there along with restaurants in walking distance.  Most, if not all, will pick up from the airport, many have a complementary breakfast & the shuttle services mentioned pick up from them.  Then they will return you to the airport after the cruise.  $15-20 pp each way.

58 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Cruise Control Transportation or Cortrans Transportation, both have excellent service.    I fly into MCO and book a hotel in the Samoran Blvd area.  Lots of hotels in every price range there along with restaurants in walking distance.  Most, if not all, will pick up from the airport, many have a complementary breakfast & the shuttle services mentioned pick up from them.  Then they will return you to the airport after the cruise.  $15-20 pp each way.

Any port shuttle service companies you would recommend for Miami?

1 hour ago, Royal Man said:

Hello thanks for the response back. So did you fly into MCO? If so how did you get to Hampton Inn? Was the $12.00 price for Lyft take you from Hampton Inn to the ship?

Thanks..

I did fly into MCO from Chicago (ORD). I was doing a S2S2S at the time, so I flew into MCO and then went directly to my first ship, for most people a cardinal no-no; the Lyft ride was about $77 with tip. After that cruise I took a Lyft from the port for $12 with tip to my first stay at the Hampton Inn. I was joining some other nice people for the second cruise, and they picked me up and dropped me off. I got another $12 Lyft to the port for the 3rd cruise and then I used GoPort to get from the port to the airport. 

I was one single person, so GoPort worked for me. At $24-35pp it might not be as cost effective for more than 2 people. 

1 hour ago, Mike n Ky said:

Are there hotels near the port that will, for a fee, allow you to leave your vehicle while you cruise?

Back in 2016, I left our car in DC at a hotel parking lot where we stayed the night before leaving.  I found a site called snagaspace.com that contracted with hotels near airports to sell hotel parking.  I recall I spent about half the cost of uncovered parking at the airport and got a nice spot in their garage.

7 hours ago, PL8SWPR said:

Back in 2016, I left our car in DC at a hotel parking lot where we stayed the night before leaving.  I found a site called snagaspace.com that contracted with hotels near airports to sell hotel parking.  I recall I spent about half the cost of uncovered parking at the airport and got a nice spot in their garage.

Interesting...given that offsite parking in Nashville has doubled in cost over the past 2 years I was hoping they might serve BNA but they don't. Thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, Ticca said:

Any port shuttle service companies you would recommend for Miami?

When we cruised out of Miami, and will again in May, we flew into and stayed in Ft Lauderdale and used SAS Transportation back & forth.  They do not service the airport in Miami I don’t THINK.  It was $15 pp each way and a relatively quick trip.  FLL had better flight times & fares for us.

9 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Are there hotels near the port that will, for a fee, allow you to leave your vehicle while you cruise?

Yes, Radisson is one at Port Canaveral.  On Cocoa Beach there are others.  You can Google Park and Cruise and select port you are interested in.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

When we cruised out of Miami, and will again in May, we flew into and stayed in Ft Lauderdale and used SAS Transportation back & forth.  They do not service the airport in Miami I don’t THINK.  It was $15 pp each way and a relatively quick trip.  FLL had better flight times & fares for us.

You are right, they do not service MIA.  We will check FLL flights next time.  I didn't think about any other airport than MIA for this trip.  Problem with being new at this. 🤪

15 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Yes, Port Canaveral has hotels that have park and stay rates and also ones that let you park there during the cruise without needing a bundled rate..just charge daily parking.  Notably Home2 and Hampton on Astronaut Boulevard. There's shuttle service to the port for a per person fee as well or it's a cheap and quick Uber/Lyft. At PC I don't find the savings worth it. Parking at the porr is so convenient when it comes to disembarkation..no messing with shuttles or rideshares.

I used GoPort the last time we sailed out of Port Canaveral. They have a package that includes a shuttle from the airport to a hotel, shuttle from hotel to port, and shuttle from port to airport. I found the cost to be very reasonable and overall a great experience. My only issue was I called to make sure my reservation was good (because I'm paranoid) and at the time their voicemail was awful and I couldn't understand what they were saying. But if I hadn't called, I would never have known.