Dessert only in Specialty Restaurants?

FManke

If you were in a suite that included specialty dining in the fare, then you could without care for the cost or simply request it en suite from your genie. 

Personally, while I've enjoyed the desserts in the specialty restaurants, I always felt they paled in comparison to the entrees and appetizers. 

I just brought this topic up because my wife actually thought of a question I hadn't asked already! :8_laughing: She wondered if there was somewhere to go for a nice sit down dessert and coffee later in the evening. Not everybody wants dessert right away after eating a big meal. If the desserts were better, as every one has mentioned, might be a nice idea for Giovanni's or Chops to stay open late for just a really nice dessert/coffee/after drink kind of thing.

2 hours ago, fmanke said:

I just brought this topic up because my wife actually thought of a question I hadn't asked already! :8_laughing: She wondered if there was somewhere to go for a nice sit down dessert and coffee later in the evening. Not everybody wants dessert right away after eating a big meal. If the desserts were better, as every one has mentioned, might be a nice idea for Giovanni's or Chops to stay open late for just a really nice dessert/coffee/after drink kind of thing.

You might check out Cafe Promenade or Lattetudes. These are the coffee bars that offer complimentary treats (e.g. cookies, pies, cupcake pops, etc.).  Some also serve alcohol (limited selection) and/or there's usually a bar nearby. 

10 hours ago, DocLC said:

You might check out Cafe Promenade or Lattetudes. These are the coffee bars that offer complimentary treats (e.g. cookies, pies, cupcake pops, etc.).  Some also serve alcohol (limited selection) and/or there's usually a bar nearby. 

I saw that Lattetudes has desserts, but was looking for a more quiet and romantic place for dessert. I guess there's always room service. :10_wink:

4 minutes ago, fmanke said:

I saw that Lattetudes has desserts, but was looking for a more quiet and romantic place for dessert. I guess there's always room service. :10_wink:

True, but you're looking at a service charge of nearly $8 for a limited selection. Perhaps cookies and a slice of cake. 

There's no reason you couldn't pick up something at the coffee bar and take it elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, DocLC said:

True, but you're looking at a service charge of nearly $8 for a limited selection. Perhaps cookies and a slice of cake. 

There's no reason you couldn't pick up something at the coffee bar and take it elsewhere. 

That's true, and I'm sure I'm quicker than room service, even as old as I am, with one bum knee! And I get to keep the tip!:10_wink: