Flow Rider Lessons

billnye97

I searched and haven't seen any really new topics on this but we booked this. Does anyone have any experience with it? It said a group of 4 is required but we only have 3 in our group. My daughter (9) has done the flowerier at Kahlahari numerous times and loves it. It's actually one of the reasons we booked with Royal. Is it worth the price? We booked it and it is during a port day but we were planning on staying on the ship anyways so that isn't a big deal. 

It will give her dedicated time.  The 4 person minimum isn't just for you, but they'll need one other person to sign up for the time or they'll reschedule it.

That's pricier than on land flow rider time/lessons, but in terms of vacation dollars it's probably not that bad at all.  If she likes to flow ride that would be a fun way to get some additional time.

Group lessons are usually a minimum of 4 and up to 8. The group lesson last about an hour and usually costs about $70.00 per person. If you only have three people that is no big deal as other cruisers will sign up separately. If only three show up for the lesson they may cancel the entire lesson. Doesn't matter if the group has different skill levels as the staff will teach your allotted time to your ability. I took a lesson on my last trip to help other learning riders fill a group lesson and when my time or rotation came up they just instructed me on different tricks and the others were focused more on the basics of riding. If you are doing the lesson just to gain more flowriding time, I would agree as stated before that it is expensive for the time you would gain. 

18 hours ago, Chris Fish said:

Group lessons are usually a minimum of 4 and up to 8. The group lesson last about an hour and usually costs about $70.00 per person. If you only have three people that is no big deal as other cruisers will sign up separately. If only three show up for the lesson they may cancel the entire lesson. Doesn't matter if the group has different skill levels as the staff will teach your allotted time to your ability. I took a lesson on my last trip to help other learning riders fill a group lesson and when my time or rotation came up they just instructed me on different tricks and the others were focused more on the basics of riding. If you are doing the lesson just to gain more flowriding time, I would agree as stated before that it is expensive for the time you would gain. 

Thanks this helps. My daughter (9) had done it a bunch at different waterparks as well as my wife. I haven't done it before so the lessons would be welcome. I think we will stick with the booking for it. It will be fun experience for the family.

My kids did FlowRider Lessons on our first RCL Cruise and we thought it was worth it. There where only 5 ppl registered in the group which gave our kids extra time to learn. They really enjoyed it and are now pretty decent at stand-up and boogie boarding. Next time, we plan to book the private lesson so we can all try it and have even more time. I would definitely recommend doing it at least once so you can get the basic idea of how to either surf or boogie board. 

8 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

How do you sign up?

It shows in Cruise Planner under Onboard Activities.  There's Surf Lesson where you are in a group, Private Lesson where you get a one on one lesson and Ulitmaite Flow Rider Experience where you essentially rent out the Flow Rider.