Bringing a small fan onboard

John63

28 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

Getting of Voyager in Oct I saw someone lugging a full size box fan getting off, I was amazed!

Mrs Fan and I stayed at the Yellowstone Old Faithful lodge (pre-pandemic). The old Lodge is an awesome sight to behold, but it is not air-conditioned.  I ordered a cheapo box fan from Amazon (about $18) and had it delivered to our hotel in Jackson, WY where we stayed prior to driving up to Yellowstone.  After the trip, I taped up the box and checked it as luggage (I had free checked bags). 

Also, we went on the Voyager in late October. Once we got to our room, I asked for 2 things from our room steward. A feather pillow and a fan. She came thru with both. So, they do have them on the ships. 

I worked in a large beach-front hotel when in college (many years ago). We had a room that held fans, coolers, beach chairs and more that were left behind by guests. Knowing this, that same trip to Yellowstone, I asked the front desk in Jackson, if they had a cooler/ice chest that was left behind by prior guests. Sure enough, they gave me a really nice Igloo cooler.  When we traveled back to Jackson for our flight home, I gave the cooler to that hotel to give away to another guest in the future.

My point here is that you just need to ask. Chances are they have stuff stored somewhere on the ship that they can loan you.

@FSUFAN we had a problem with my wife's mobility scooter on one cruise. This is our own personal scooter not a rental. After the first day the battery charger wouldn't charge. I was thinking i was going to have to find one in our first port, but asked at customer service. They had one that worked great! So definitely ask, the worse that happens is they don't have what you want, but if they don't have it, don't get upset with them.