Best way of getting from Galveston hotel to cruise terminal

AhaOhio

We have a reservation for a hotel that does not provide a shuttle service (Hampton inn & suites).

All transportation from airport to hotel and from ship to airport on debarkation day are taken care of.

I assume that taxis will be very busy on embarkation day. Can they be pre-booked well in advance (once we know our check-in time) or are there better options out there?

Aside from walking the 3+ miles that is.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 2:34 PM, AhaOhio said:

We have a reservation for a hotel that does not provide a shuttle service (Hampton inn & suites).

All transportation from airport to hotel and from ship to airport on debarkation day are taken care of.

I assume that taxis will be very busy on embarkation day. Can they be pre-booked well in advance (once we know our check-in time) or are there better options out there?

Aside from walking the 3+ miles that is.

I've found that rideshare can be much more busy these days than taxis, so you might have luck with the common cab, especially for short trips like this. We are also staying at a hotel in Galveston that does not have a shuttle and plan to call a service the night, or maybe a few days, before. Some taxis may already be making their way back to the island if they had an early drop off at one of the airports.