Cabin directly across from elevator

Hey there! My husband and I will be on our first cruise in a couple weeks to the Bahamas. I have been using a travel agent, who picked our room, and I just looked up where our room is and it is directly across from an elevator. Our agent never discussed this with me, so I’m not really in love with the idea/am afraid it will be too noisy. For those of you who have stayed in a room across from the elevator, what were your experiences? How was the noise level? 

5 hours ago, mrsgalloway1220 said:

Hey there! My husband and I will be on our first cruise in a couple weeks to the Bahamas. I have been using a travel agent, who picked our room, and I just looked up where our room is and it is directly across from an elevator. Our agent never discussed this with me, so I’m not really in love with the idea/am afraid it will be too noisy. For those of you who have stayed in a room across from the elevator, what were your experiences? How was the noise level? 

After being on a cruise last week with a stateroom right in front of the exit from the hallway to the elevators...no problemo.

Oddly enough...after 20 years of cruising...it was actually a pleasant surprise to not have to traverse a long hallway to get to and from our stateroom.

Stay calm...and cruise on.

I will echo everyone else--I love being near the elevator and was excited to get put there for my guaranty balcony on Harmony.   Not only is there a stairway and a wall between you and the elevator, but also you don't hear all the noise from people walking down the very narrow hallways.  You also don't have to avoid the obstacle course of dishes that sometimes happens in the hall late at night.  Enjoy your cruise!  Jane

I usually book ours long in advance, our January 23 cruise was booked in December 21...always like to locate close to the elevators and as has been mentioned, just the usual hallway chatter. So yes, you will likely have more people passing your room as opposed to being at the back...but it has never been a problem for us.

I do hope you find it to be as we have and that you have a wonderful cruise!

On 12/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I rarely heard any noise, and I really liked being close to the elevator/stairs.

Ditto, the most expensive suites on many of the ships are right next to the stairs/elevators, sometimes the door to those suites are visible from the stair/elevator foyer. But then again I drink far more alcohol on a cruise than I normally would so you could probably put my bed in the elevator and I wouldn't be bothered by noise.

Love being near the elevators! No noise issues...never heard elevator machinery...no kids stampeding down the long open hallways. No crew coming in and out of service doors. No long walks to get to my room.

I try to get as close to the elevators as I can. Also, on the Anthem, it's where the bump outs are.

Enjoy your cruise!

On any ship, regardless of cabin location,  the most noise I’ve heard from the corridors are people who shout down the hall to a friend or “loud talkers” who decide to stop in front of my cabin to have a conversation.  The other noise is those who let their doors slam or choose to pull their door closed hard.  
I’ve never heard elevator noise. .

On smaller ships , I could sing to the words/music coming into my cabin from the centrum/ I was 3 doors down the hall and on deck 7-while the musicians were on deck 4.  Lesson learned.