Shore Excursions to Hit & Miss

HopieOneKinobie

Cruising out of Puerto Rico in July, heading to 1. Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, 2. Wilemstad, Curacao, 3. oranjestad, Aruba and 4. Bassetere, St Kitts.  Any suggestions for the absolutely must do excursions and the by all means do not do excursions.  Celebrating 25 years married so it needs to be special and we do not drink alcohol.  Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

In st thomas,  take the boat over to st johns.   The beach was one of the prettiest we have ever seen and easy less busy than magens,  which is also beautiful and ok if you are the only ship in town!   Curacao is beautiful to just walk around...the architecture was amazing.   Arubas beaches are beautiful but the one we went to was packed and we were sorry we didn't do the other (can't remember eaglw or palm)...id advise getting there early and getting an umbrella!    If you have any extra time at all,  wander san juan.   It was maybe the favorite part of our trip.  The food was great and the forts amazing.  We loved it!   We had the exact same itinerary last summer on adventure pre-refurb.  It was a wonderful trip!   Happy anniversary!   Jane

We did a bus tour of St Kitts that ended up at a fort on top of a mountain and that would be something I would recommend.  Curacao was a tram tour of the city which you had the option of going back to the ship at the end of the excursion or being left in town to shop.  We stayed in town and walked back and I would recommend that tour also.

St. Thomas:  we took a cab to Coral World where I had booked a Sea Lion Encounter (change of pace from the dolphin encounter).  15 min in the water, 15 min out.  It was a lot of fun but not cheap.  And, if there's only two of you, you'll likely be with another group.  After that we caught another cab for an island tour.

St Thomas, we took a Jeep tour, was fun but the tour was full so you had 4 people to a jeep, so I had to hand off driving to someone I knew nothing about half way through, we have also been on the beach breaks, St Thomas and St Johns, both are beautiful, Trunk Bay probably the most beautiful. If you or your significant other likes to shop or loves jewelry, this is the place to buy it, I was also here for my 25th anniversary and bought my wife a ring that appraised for 4 times the amount I paid when I got back home, appraised for insurance purposes. 

Curacao, just walk around like everyone says, the architecture is amazing, make sure you experience the walking bridge that separates the two sides of the port.

Aruba, Palm and eagle beach, I love this island so sometimes I find myself just walking around enjoying the scenery.

St Kitts, my wife and I took an ATV tour up into the hills and it was amazing, nothing to dangerous (my wife does not like excitement), then they took us to a beach as part of the tour. We had some cruise mates that did the train and thought it was really good also

San Juan, as someone stated above if you can work a day before or a day after and stay on the island it is really an amazing place to explore, the old town and the old forts are very cool to go see. If you don't have any time before or after but maybe you have a late flight out, there is a place in Old Town that will store your luggage while you sight see, I don't remember the name, you can search the forums and get the name of the place, it was not a tourist trap.