⭐️🎄🎅 Starmony “Christmas Vacation” - Harmony December 24-31, 2022🎅🎄⭐️

Jax

7 hours ago, Jax said:

Update on star class perks 

Cupcake and Sushi class are no longer star class perks; at least on HM.  Not sure about other ships.   
The second star class flow rider session was this morning at 8:30.  This time really doesn’t work well for us. 
One thermal suite day pass is included for star.  After that the cost is $34.22 per person per day and includes 18% gratuity @Lovetocruise2002

I plan to address the loss of star class Perks on the post cruise survey. 

**this is for Harmony only and may vary from ship to ship

I think it is across the board.  Question.  Did your bags make it to your room when you got toyour room?.  Our last 2 Star we had to go hunt them down. 

41 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, Oasis is no longer offering complimentary cupcake or sushi making classes. Also, SC guests only have reserved seating for shows that require reservations….so no more towel’ed chairs for general admission shows in the main theater. This is the one that really annoyed me…

Someone in a FB post, I saw a while back mentioned that a TON of guest complained about this perk. I didn't have an issue with this but plenty of others have. If they are taking away all these perks it makes the value of SC decrease dramatically.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

I think it is across the board.  Question.  Did your bags make it to your room when you got toyour room?.  Our last 2 Star we had to go hunt them down. 

Oh no! Glad you finally found your luggage. Yes, ours arrives within 20-30 minutes. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, Oasis is no longer offering complimentary cupcake or sushi making classes. Also, SC guests only have reserved seating for shows that require reservations….so no more towel’ed chairs for general admission shows in the main theater. This is the one that really annoyed me…

That is terrible news! I hope enough star class guests make their voices heard on all these lost perks.  It’s sad. 

25 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Columbus is one of the best productions on Royal's fleet. 

I have to say that the more I sail, the less I care for Chops, the standards aren't there anymore.

Usually we have such a great experience. Last night was definitely an off night for them. I have a few more facts today and the undercooked burger was actually prepared at Jaime’s. There was a miscommunication between the waiter and we didn’t think a burger would be brought so another menu item was chosen. Unexpectedly, two burgers arrived after our meal had been eaten; both of which were very undercooked. To the point they were both raw and cold in the center. Berty spoke with the restaurant managers last night and again this morning so I know steps are being taken to address this.  

Galley Tour ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was our first galley tour and we loved it! The head chef for all 10 of the specialty restaurants took us on the tour.  We toured deck 4 galley, the 2nd largest on the ship. 

Some interesting facts: 

Food costs for a 1 week cruise: $2MM Inflation has significantly increased their food costs   

1500 pounds of potatoes per day

6000 lobsters per day 

90000 eggs per day 

**We noticed our group expanded by 2 at the end of the tour. This couple randomly joined and began asking questions to the Chef; why the food comes out cold if there are temp probes. There were rather aggressive and a few members of our group told them this was a private tour. They left quite angry. Their Galley tour should be interesting. Lol 🤦‍♀️

123FFFAA-70B7-44B8-8916-1FC4A095B1B2.jpeg

CE78DA09-D889-4C44-8949-F2C1CFBB02C9.jpeg

4CADFD14-E4C5-4EBC-B8AA-C3CADBE2D1AE.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Wow! That week went by so fast! I forgot what you told me, you’re staying in Florida for a few days after this right?

Nope, straight to the airport for us. 😌 We were here for a week pre cruise so its back to reality.  I will live enviously through your week. 

Berty planned lunch for us in our suite. It’s such a nice day we may as well enjoy our deck. Chops redeemed themselves on my burger; it was delicious. The guys had Sorrentos pizza. Normally only 1 venue can be delivered but Berty uses his genie powers. I didn’t realize that Hawaiian pizza is not an option at Sorrentos but it is when requested by your genie. That’s a perk we love. Pizzas were great! 

AB524AC0-357A-46FF-AFC8-D4019987C006.jpeg

Room Service ⭐⭐⭐⭐

We have eaten more lunches in our suite than on any other cruise. (5 lunches) The experience has been surprisingly good. 
I have learned to be very specific and assume nothing and it has worked well on this cruise. Condiments and food quality has met or exceeded expectations.  

Final thoughts on Thermal Suite 

We used the thermal suite every day. More than we have on past cruises. In part due to the high number of sick passengers coughing etc, in the hopes of staying healthy.  It met expectations but no wow factor or exceptional service.  I am not a fan of the clear stairs. I don’t like heights + ship motion + looking down through clear step = me dizzy.  The space never felt crowded. We were the only ones there in the morning at around 8:30 am and at night around 9pm and it was slightly busier when I went at 3:30pm.  The steam shower is hot hot hot. I couldn’t last longer than 10-15 minutes. The dry sauna is not as hot. So having 2 options is nice.  Will definitely purchase on future cruises.  

FC26A797-9A7E-4990-A408-22020BABD393.jpeg

E9517458-4E6A-4794-8529-C11850E5CB74.jpeg

Disembarkation

Our departure time is the latest we could get at 8:30am. We will either leave from our suite or CK depending on whether Berty has another family at that time. This time our luggage stays with us. Last year we collected it in the terminal.  Our flight isn’t until 3:30pm so it will be a long day.  

1 hour ago, JVPIII said:

Sorry to see your week end!! I have enjoyed your thoughts this week. By chance were you able to inquire about the escape room and when/if it will be repaired?  Thanks again.

Yes! Sorry I forgot to post about this. It isn’t expected to be operational anytime soon. 😌

Last night

We ate at Jaime’s tonight. Berty surprised Reyd with a cake to celebrate him being in the RAP (registered apprenticeship program) for high school students. He attends high school and apprentices as a heavy diesel mechanic.  More on Berty later but he is a great genie. Those are mechanical gears on the cake.  
We watched the aqua show, had pizza, popcorn and dessert from Wonderland delivered.  Berty gave us a gift of his time and spent about 30 minutes with us as we watched the show. 

FE65238D-4AEE-48A3-9721-7B7018ED8148.jpeg

We had a fantastic week with Berty! I have often said that it’s often the connection we make with a genie that rate them as a great vs good genie.  Berty was a great genie for us. One of the best things he did was offer to set up a call to review requests and get to know one another 4 weeks pre cruise.  I wish more genies did this.  I was telling Berty tonight how much it meant to relinquish my genie duties for the week. ❤️ We were in great hands.  
Once I get the link for onboard photos I will post some with Berty.  There is a funny one of him photo bombing Reyd and I. 
His contract is ending early February with an expected return date of early April (hopefully back to HM) and we hope to have him as our genie again next Christmas on Harmony out of Galveston.  Anyone would be lucky to have Berty as their genie.  

Starbucks is a great perk! Reyd went there so much that by day 2 they knew him, our room number and his drink order.  Kind of a funny story; Lindsay went to Starbucks yesterday with Reyd (Lindsay still has no idea what our stateroom number is 🤦‍♀️) and with the wow bands he doesn’t carry his sea pass card. When they saw he was with Reyd they said “oh don’t worry about it. We got it. Reyd is a legend here”  It is pretty amazing how quickly they recognize guests, stateroom numbers and drink preferences. Reyd will miss this perk. Lol 

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Final thoughts on Thermal Suite 

We used the thermal suite every day. More than we have on past cruises. In part due to the high number of sick passengers coughing etc, in the hopes of staying healthy.  It met expectations but no wow factor or exceptional service.  I am not a fan of the clear stairs. I don’t like heights + ship motion + looking down through clear step = me dizzy.  The space never felt crowded. We were the only ones there in the morning at around 8:30 am and at night around 9pm and it was slightly busier when I went at 3:30pm.  The steam shower is hot hot hot. I couldn’t last longer than 10-15 minutes. The dry sauna is not as hot. So having 2 options is nice.  Will definitely purchase on future cruises.  

Thank you for all your thermal spa info... I'm planning on touring and buying tomorrow!  Jane