⭐️🎄🎅 Starmony “Christmas Vacation” - Harmony December 24-31, 2022🎅🎄⭐️

Jax

Welcome Aboard Comedy Showtime starring John Maloney and JR McCallum ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ This was excellent. Lots of laughs. We were in the front row and Reyd was drawn into the comedy. Thank goodness it was him and not me. He handled it like a pro.
Tomorrow night we go to the adult version.  

I had provided a preferred temperature for our stateroom in pre cruise communication with Berty.  We noticed HVAC issues right away and quickly escalated to Berty.  Following a meeting with maintenance, I learned that they locked us out of our thermostat. 🤦‍♀️ I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea and why they didn’t share this when I had them show me how to operate the thermostats earlier in the day. The good news is that the issue seems to have been resolved and we have control of our thermostats. Berty was awesome, took immediate action and kept me informed including results of the heat gun. Great genies are invaluable in these situations. 

Coastal Kitchen - Filet Night ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was a great start to the food coma! The filets were amazing, you could cut them with a butter knife. I failed at pictures but the Caesar salad, pork belly, onion soup and desserts were excellent.  Berty surprised us and arranged for Robert and Tammy to join us.  He is a great genie. ❤️ 

9 hours ago, Jax said:

Coastal Kitchen - Filet Night ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was a great start to the food coma! The filets were amazing, you could cut them with a butter knife. I failed at pictures but the Caesar salad, pork belly, onion soup and desserts were excellent.  Berty surprised us and arranged for Robert and Tammy to join us.  He is a great genie. ❤️ 

Anything special/different on the CK menu since it was Christmas Eve?

Merry Christmas from Nassau! 🎄🎅🎉

We are here with Liberty and Freedom. 

Weather is overcast and 22 degrees.  No rain so life is good! 
Had a nice breakfast in CK this morning.  Then off to the thermal suite for a steam.  
We have no plans to get off the ship today so I will share any onboard fun we get into.  

F5BE2538-CD1F-4A4A-A704-2AA2A0D60F44.jpeg

Thermal Suite ✅✅

We have used the thermal area twice and so far so good. Yesterday was understandably  busy but this morning was quiet. The steam room is hot hot hot and the dry sauna is a nice option too.  I always return to the suite to shower but Lindsay says the men’s area has basic shower amenities of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Water is available in the relaxation area and then you can take it into the thermal area.   

38 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Speaking of weather in Nassau, I had Beach Club reservations for our visit (for which I got a somewhat reasonable price during black Friday) but decided to cancel in anticipation of coolish weather.  We will be at PDCC on Wednesday.  I guess we’ll find out if I made a prudent decision when we get there !

Well the 22 degrees and overcast skies certainly make for a cooler day here today. We were just saying we were glad we didn’t have a cabana at PDCC. 

18 minutes ago, Jax said:

We actually said it was too bad maintenance didn’t disconnect our doorbell instead of our thermostat.  Lol 

You can turn it off. There is a little switch on it to disable it. If you cannot find it, ask your suite attendant.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Speaking of weather in Nassau, I had Beach Club reservations for our visit (for which I got a somewhat reasonable price during black Friday) but decided to cancel in anticipation of coolish weather.  We will be at PDCC on Wednesday.  I guess we’ll find out if I made a prudent decision when we get there !

Hopefully it will be coolish and you will be happy!  Or really improve and you will be relieved it’s warm.  So glad it should be warmer for us next week (Illinois is just awful) but I’m sorry it’s not warmer for you!  Jane

16 hours ago, Jax said:

Thermal Suite ✅✅

We have used the thermal area twice and so far so good. Yesterday was understandably  busy but this morning was quiet. The steam room is hot hot hot and the dry sauna is a nice option too.  I always return to the suite to shower but Lindsay says the men’s area has basic shower amenities of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Water is available in the relaxation area and then you can take it into the thermal area.   

Since I haven’t tried the spa yet and planning on it this trip…I am appreciating all the info!  Jane

Adult Comedy Show Night 2 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was hilarious! Berty gave us the choice of front row or about 3 rows back on a couch.   I am soooooo glad I picked the couch or we would have been the star of the show.  Lol

You know you are in for a great show when they tell anyone that gets offended to head to deck 2 medical to have the stick removed from their $&@.  😆

Fine Line Aqua Show 

More on this tomorrow night but we caught a bit last night from our deck. There have been so many show changes; but this was a good one as it was not expected to go until night 4.   Loved the views from our deck. Excited for tomorrow nights show and birthday surprise with our friends! 

43A09829-13C1-45EF-8F50-323D9AE4BA7B.jpeg

BE4AC85D-2DA2-4DF4-8E33-028BB22CF6E5.jpeg

26CA0F34-C5AF-4163-9E21-3A203D295866.jpeg

Day 3 is a sea day as we make our way to San Juan tomorrow.  It’s sunny and 29. 🌞

No big plans other than hanging out on our deck. Berty is arranging to have a 3rd lounger delivered.  It’s Chops and Grease tonight.  
Today is the sexiest man contest and we may be able to talk Robert into joining. Haha. 

Star class private access to the flow rider was today at 8:30am. Berty said there were about 7 or 8 guests.  The time is not the best; we were at the thermal suite so didn’t check it out. Will try to pop up there on day 6 session. (At 8:30am again) I am going to mention this on my post cruise survey.  It’s fine but I think better times could be offered. 

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Since I haven’t tried the spa yet and planning on it this trip…I am appreciating all the info!  Jane

The experience has been fine.  For us our goal is to get in and out and this meets our expectations.  You arrive and do your own thing.  No bells and whistles. You provide your suite number at checkin and complete the sign in sheet. We didn’t have to leave our sea pass card or wow bands like we have on past cruises.  

2 hours ago, Jax said:

The experience has been fine.  For us our goal is to get in and out and this meets our expectations.  You arrive and do your own thing.  No bells and whistles. You provide your suite number at checkin and complete the sign in sheet. We didn’t have to leave our sea pass card or wow bands like we have on past cruises.  

Do you have to pre select times, or just show up first come first serve on the thermal chairs and sauna space?  Sorry for so many questions!!!  Jane

25 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Do you have to pre select times, or just show up first come first serve on the thermal chairs and sauna space?  Sorry for so many questions!!!  Jane

When you book through cruise planner you have to select a time on day 1. But you don’t have to stick to it, it’s just for booking. You can show up at your convenience without an appointment on all days.  

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting…we were not offered WoW bands for our 12-18 OA cruise.  We have a few of them from previous SC cruises but didn’t think to bring them along.  I personally never use them anyway so I didn’t miss having one.

I have had wow bands before and I never wore mine either.  Surprisingly I am wearing my wow band on Harmony. I don’t know why it’s different this cruise. Lol   I wear an Apple Watch and don’t like having 2 bands on my arm.  

Gotta admit we are all missing Playmakers and Portside BBQ from Oasis.  Those 2 dining options made lunches so fantastic for us. Plus no Sugar beach and waffle cones.  🙁

Berty checked with the pastry chef and there are no waffle cones onboard.  
First world problems but it’s always funny the things you miss from ship to ship.  

55 minutes ago, Jax said:

Gotta admit we are all missing Playmakers and Portside BBQ from Oasis.  Those 2 dining options made lunches so fantastic for us. Plus no Sugar beach and waffle cones.  🙁

Berty checked with the pastry chef and there are no waffle cones onboard.  
First world problems but it’s always funny the things you miss from ship to ship.  

I agree! Don’t forget El Loco as well. This is why even though Oasis is the oldest, I would still pick her over Allure or possibly even Harmony. 

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting…we were not offered WoW bands for our 12-18 OA cruise.  We have a few of them from previous SC cruises but didn’t think to bring them along.  I personally never use them anyway so I didn’t miss having one.

Harmony is the only Oasis class ship that has had them since the restart..I've done them all other than Symphony.

Chops Night 3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

How do the meals keep getting better every night? I had the bone in prime rib and lobster, Lindsay had lobster and spicy shrimp and Reyd had the filet   Their pork belly is the best imo.  I could make a meal out of just that. Lol 

Berty saw that our friends were dining in Chops and made a quick seating change so we could sit beside them! ❤️ Sometimes it’s the small things that impress us  

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I agree! Don’t forget El Loco as well. This is why even though Oasis is the oldest, I would still pick her over Allure or possibly even Harmony. 

💯 agree. I am getting pressured to change HM out of Galveston to Oasis. Ugh I am not sure how this will end. Lol

We are in the 8th floor two bedroom aqua suite Feb 2024. I’m going to wear the Star wow band AND have my star class card around my neck in a lanyard, mainly just to compete with the Pinnacles. When they show me their one pin, I’m going to flash my band and card. There’s a little “Karen” in all of us. 🙂  

1 hour ago, Yesiamthere6 said:

We are in the 8th floor two bedroom aqua suite Feb 2024. I’m going to wear the Star wow band AND have my star class card around my neck in a lanyard, mainly just to compete with the Pinnacles. When they show me their one pin, I’m going to flash my band and card. There’s a little “Karen” in all of us. 🙂  

We are getting shirts made for our star class cruise (only get them every once in a while, not every trip). I mocked up a design saying something like "You are in the presence of a Star" as a joke. The family loved it.🤣