⭐️🎄🎅 Starmony “Christmas Vacation” - Harmony December 24-31, 2022🎅🎄⭐️

Jax

27 minutes ago, DDaley said:

use my AirTag religiously too, but we only ever do carry-on luggage. Once they made me relinquish the bag on the ramp for being "too big for the overhead" (even when it had been on 4 other planes of the same exact model on the same trip) and it ended up in another state so now I have to have a way of knowing where it is even if its always with me! 

Yup I get it! We are so not a carry on family.  It’s actually embarrassing how much luggage we take. Last year Reyd weighed our luggage and let’s just say it was a lot. I expect he will do the same this year just to make his point. I will post the results. Lol 

28 minutes ago, DDaley said:

The funniest part to me is always the notifications of "Daryl you've left your bag behind, it was last seen in the Pacific Ocean" whenever we leave the cabin! 

I know right! There is a moment of panic until you realize it’s ok.  Lol 

28 minutes ago, DDaley said:

PS. Love the luggage covers, I have a fancy Away soft-sided carry-on and I hate how banged up it's gotten on just 2 trips! 

I couldn’t agree more. Thanks for making me feel good about this purchase. ❤️

On 12/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, Jax said:
  • Escape Room is non operational.

I am sorry to see that this is still the case as it looks like they may not be repairing it. It has been down since the restart. My family will be on in October next year and we loved the escape rooms on Oasis and Mariner of the seas. Once you are on board and have a free moment would you ask when/if they estimate this being repaired? Thank you 

1 hour ago, JVPIII said:

I am sorry to see that this is still the case as it looks like they may not be repairing it. It has been down since the restart. My family will be on in October next year and we loved the escape rooms on Oasis and Mariner of the seas. Once you are on board and have a free moment would you ask when/if they estimate this being repaired? Thank you 

You bet! We love the escape rooms too. 

My house looks like a bomb went off in it with piles forming everywhere. It has to get worse before it gets better right??? When I said I was investing in new luggage I wasn’t kidding.  Lol I was influenced by @Lovetocruise2002to try the Beis mini weekender bag and I am so glad I did! It has such a great design with lots of functional spaces.  It will work great with my Monos carry on. 

61A1503A-8D88-4300-A148-04F1519EB05B.jpeg

This time next week and we are off to the airport! So much left to do.  Mani/pedi/hair appointments are scheduled for next week. Packing continues and will be done this weekend, before the cleaners come on Tuesday. 
I am still waiting on some “Christmas vacation” themed items to arrive.  More on that in a bit but at this point I think I need a Christmas Miracle. Ugh  

F94BADAC-4943-4BBA-A1D7-3871367D3069.jpeg

If you have followed my blogs you know I usually share some of my favourite travel items.  This year I am adding Dr Ho’s travel foot pads to the list.  We started using the Dr Ho foot therapy system a few months ago and if the travel foot pads deliver similar results, they will be great to treat sore feet when traveling. 
Items from previous blogs include Dr Ho pain therapy system, the Saje Farmacy pack, Saje hand held diffuser and my travel size My Pillow.  

B2A0DF3D-3A56-4EA2-B8B1-5037567EAE2B.jpeg

Interesting.  I have never heard of Dr Ho's foot pads but they remind me of some of the earthing shoes I have seen.  Dan is a big earthing guy (and drug me along !).  Do they work the same way as earthing products (basically just earth grounds) ?

On that subject...I was wrestling with whether or not to bring an earthing sheet for our bed but finally decided that it would just be too much of a hassle.  So we will just be bringing our grounding wrist bands and that will have to do.

On 12/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I just saw the celebration parade on Harmony in Nov........ it was something.

Now you have got me curious. Lol 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ampurp85 said:

It sucks that while you are paying for a premium experience, they are giving you a slightly above average one. In most cases star class can be $2-3k pp, when the average balcony might cost that for a family of 4. 

If I had any criticism it would be with the way the recent changes to star class perks have been communicated and implemented. Timing of implementation seems to have varied from ship to ship and some guests don’t find out about the changes until they are onboard or in pre cruise communication with their genie.  I still don’t know if the changes are fleet wide or vary from ship to ship.  I feel for the genies who are trying to deliver an amazing onboard experience for their guests.  Fortunately the changes made haven’t been a deal breaker for us.  But I understand that’s not the case for everyone.  

20 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting.  I have never heard of Dr Ho's foot pads but they remind me of some of the earthing shoes I have seen.  Dan is a big earthing guy (and drug me along !).  Do they work the same way as earthing products (basically just earth grounds) ?

On that subject...I was wrestling with whether or not to bring an earthing sheet for our bed but finally decided that it would just be too much of a hassle.  So we will just be bringing our grounding wrist bands and that will have to do.

I have never heard of earthing so I am not sure. It sounds like something I would be interested in. The premise behind Dr Ho’s foot system is similar to their other products; to promote circulation and manage pain through electrical impulses.  I have included a picture of our at home foot system as it gives a better visual.  
I agree a sheet may be a hassle; I would worry it would end up in Royals laundry. 

2A15A417-5592-4A62-AD05-3B6304576250.jpeg

If you are interested in earthing, go to You Tube and look for The Earthing Movie.  I was extremely skeptical (kinda sounds like hippy stuff !!) but I can vouch that it DOES work.  Before I started earthing, I was in need of knee surgery in very short order...extreme pain.  Once I started grounding (earthing) I now have NO pain whatsoever in my knee...and I sleep through the night, which had been a serious problem for me, before.  I am a believer now.   Dr. Ho's sounds like it is very similar.  Basically, earthing reduces inflammation which is the source of many medical problems.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, Jax said:
  • Star class priority access to flow rider has been replaced with a star class private session on the first sea day from 8:30-10am. I had heard about this change on various cruise forums so it was expected news.  

So...sorry for the long delay but I finally JUST heard back from Allan F regarding this policy (on Oasis).  

Apparently it is a ship-specific thing.  Here is Allan's response to my question of whether line priority has been replaced with a private lesson.  Sounds like OA is still doing line priority.  YIPPEE !!!

image.thumb.png.aa7c0cf8f6706ce9e7564e3ed9ced52d.png

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So...sorry for the long delay but I finally JUST heard back from Allan F regarding this policy (on Oasis).  

Apparently it is a ship-specific thing.  Here is Allan's response to my question of whether line priority has been replaced with a private lesson.  Sounds like OA is still doing line priority.  YIPPEE !!!

image.thumb.png.aa7c0cf8f6706ce9e7564e3ed9ced52d.png

Yay for Oasis! 

I plan to mention the lack of consistency on certain star class benefits between ships on my post cruise survey. (Hopefully I remember lol) 

5 hours ago, Jax said:

Yay for Oasis! 

I plan to mention the lack of consistency on certain star class benefits between ships on my post cruise survey. (Hopefully I remember lol) 

I am sorry if Imentioned this or not, but I contacted RC via twitter  while on Quantum about this and was told every third person.  I then told them it wasnt the case on Quantum.  They contacted the ship and I met with the Sports manager and genie where they adjusted the policy.

GAAAH, Ive missed so much this week!!! Ive been away at new job training.....I love when I see a @Jax Christmas Blog, because that means it's getting closer to mine..71 @WAAAYTOOO long days. Speaking of which, are you willing to do some Oasis February genie recon for me?

I can't wait to see all you have planned and do for this trip. I remember last year being a fun one to read! Those cards and socks are great. Did you have them printed yourself?

@GregD I am a bit envious about your upcoming cruise on Oasis as we are going to miss Playmakers and Portside BBQ. The boys keep boo hoo’ing about this. Lol  Plan B - they found a few good brisket places in the FLL we will check out. 

I ordered the genie stuff from Red Bubble Canada. They had lots of genie apparel options.  My plan is to surprise Berty with a card every day….kind of like the 7 days of Christmas. 

16 hours ago, GregD said:

GAAAH, Ive missed so much this week!!! Ive been away at new job training.....I love when I see a @Jax Christmas Blog, because that means it's getting closer to mine..71 @WAAAYTOOO long days. Speaking of which, are you willing to do some Oasis February genie recon for me?

I can't wait to see all you have planned and do for this trip. I remember last year being a fun one to read! Those cards and socks are great. Did you have them printed yourself?

Of course !!  Let me know what you need.

15 hours ago, Jax said:

@GregD I am a bit envious about your upcoming cruise on Oasis as we are going to miss Playmakers and Portside BBQ. The boys keep boo hoo’ing about this. Lol  Plan B - they found a few good brisket places in the FLL we will check out. 

We pretty much missed those too on the last trip courtesy of the star class food coma. This time around, we are going to visit them earlier in the cruise

15 hours ago, Jax said:

I ordered the genie stuff from Red Bubble Canada. They had lots of genie apparel options.  My plan is to surprise Berty with a card every day….kind of like the 7 days of Christmas. 

This sounds like an awesome idea!

1 hour ago, GregD said:

Just looking to see who would be on board in February. If I can think of anything else I'll let you know. I'm assuming there will be a blog to follow along with?

You got it!

Probably no live blog on this one since it’s a shorty 4 day.  I expect it will whiz by.  I might blog a little on the second half but it won’t be SC.

17 hours ago, Jax said:

I ordered the genie stuff from Red Bubble Canada.

@GregDI almost ordered us some "Pining for the Fjords" merch from there but I wasn't sure if the site was a safe one 😂 

On 12/9/2022 at 2:50 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I finally JUST heard back from Allan F

I miss Allan so much! Send him our love in a few days!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I almost ordered us some "Pining for the Fjords" merch from there but I wasn't sure if the site was a safe one 😂 

This made me laugh out loud 🤣 I have ordered lots from Red Bubble over the years and usually the items come quickly but I am waiting on a Christmas miracle for our Christmas Vacation merchandise …. Ordered beginning of November and the package was lost in transit.  Replacement package is not looking good to arrive before Thursday. I will be so bummed if my wall merch magnets don’t show up. Ugh 

42013C28-9BF1-4BF3-BD2E-E9A3BD67C520.jpeg

3AD6E284-168B-4D9C-8026-95413171BAB0.jpeg

1161456C-9F18-4A67-B9C3-B5ED972192F5.jpeg

A18B9B01-DC2F-48E6-8F98-924822770E69.jpeg

D4EF524A-107D-4687-BA95-D763F89EC1AA.jpeg

Genie news 🧞‍♂️ 

• Berty confirmed star class tours include the bridge and galley. I cancelled the shipboard tour purchased through the cruise planner. We prefer a smaller and shorter tour and felt the cost wasn’t worth it.  Since tours hadn’t resumed last year on Oasis we are excited for this perk! 
  • The Christmas holiday menu for the 24th and 25th are in Jaime’s, Chops and 150 Central Park. This is included for star class but there is an additional charge for guests with the unlimited dining plan. $99.99 pp at Chops and 150 Central Park and $95.99 for Jaime’s.  I guess it’s a premium to dine in those restaurants on those nights because the holiday menus have looked identical to the non holiday menu. 🤷‍♀️
  • I received a preliminary entertainment and dining schedule. Berty nailed it 🙌 We are not eating at Wonderland or doing Chef’s Table. Chops x 2, Jaime’s x 2, 150 Central Park x 1, CK x 1 on filet night, Hibachi x 1. 
  • We are hosting our group of friends Night 1 for the Aqua show and Berty is taking care of decorating, the cake and snacks.  This is going to be a great way to start our “Christmas vacation”.  🙏 for the arrival of my magnets! And Lindsay will wear one of his Clark shirts. 
  • This was the first time I had a pre cruise phone call with our genie and it has really simplified planning. I am a big fan and wish more genies would do this.  

I’m so stealing your genie sock idea!  My hubby and sons alway receives silly socks for Christmas. Last year hubby and married son received socks with their spouse’s face all over the socks. Unmarried son had his dog’s face all over the socks. His dog’s name is Bourbon so we gave him “I love Bourbon” socks too!  I love your idea of a card each day too. I’m thinking by the end of the cruise your genie should be giving you a tip!  🙂  

Checking in from our WestJet flight enroute to FLL.  We had a crew and baggage delay but surprisingly we only lost an hour or so. Apple AirTags report they are with me.  Yay! Life is good! Relaxing with Reyd as we drink our first flight fud.  (Another one after 4 hours) Our flight attendant was intrigued so we gave her a pack to try. Tastes like strawberry lemonade.  She deserves it as she was the replacement flight attendant reassigned at the last minute for our premium cabin.  
Random thought. This time next year Reyd will be able to have a beer on our way to Galveston cruise.  😭

FC07660A-B878-4D6C-9F60-1F8AE74CFCE7.jpeg

572F5103-FA8A-4C25-95C8-BBE03BBFDAC4.jpeg

CE0229B5-1571-4D19-8403-13EAE36D72DF.jpeg

16 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

@Jax I’m intrigued by the flight powder.  What does it do?  Jane

It is suppose to support circulation, minimize bloating, reduce jet lag, support immunity, replenish electrolytes, and protects against cosmic radiation. This was our first time using. It’s kinda hard to measure its effectiveness but we will definitely use again.