6 months passport rule

RileyGoo

I just found out that I need 6 months validation of my passport to be able to cruise with RC.  So I have Canadian passport and it expires July 25 2023, and i am cruising from LA to Mexico from January 20-27, it looks like I am missing 2 days according to the 6 months rule.  Anyone know that I might be ok still take the cruise without renewing my passport?  I have no confident that my passport renewal will be that fast.  I feel like risking the 6 months rule has better chance for me to get on the cruise than doing the renewal.  

You need to call Royal and ask.  It is not really their rule, it is the rules of the countries you are visiting.  Generally, it is not an issue in North America for US citizens.  I would assume it would be the same for Canadiens.  There are definitely places in the world where it is an issue.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that 2 days won't matter.  Yes, you can have it expeditated but I would be worried about receiving it on time, just like you mentioned above.  I would call your passport office to verify both the expeditated times and about the 6 month rules.  

Something else to consider is time will slow down over the holidays - more reason NOT to get a new passport.  

Good luck.