Woman gives birth on board Jewel of the Seas

29 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

I am wondering if the cruise line will do what airlines do when a baby is born on board - free cruising for life.  LOL! 

Technically, the baby could be considered a stowaway! Or maybe they'll chalk it up as a technicality of the the "Kids Sail Free" promo!

I'm certainly glad that both mother and child are doing well, but I am wondering just how premature this birth was. Guests are required to attest that they will be no more than 23 weeks (~5.3 months) pregnant for the duration of the cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/pregnant-health-safety-onboard-policy

30 minutes ago, SPS said:

Technically, the baby could be considered a stowaway! Or maybe they'll chalk it up as a technicality of the the "Kids Sail Free" promo!

I'm certainly glad that both mother and child are doing well, but I am wondering just how premature this birth was. Guests are required to attest that they will be no more than 23 weeks (~5.3 months) pregnant for the duration of the cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/pregnant-health-safety-onboard-policy

Reported elsewhere the baby was 2.2 lbs, which apparently is 26-27 weeks.

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I am wondering if the cruise line will do what airlines do when a baby is born on board - free cruising for life.  LOL! 

Doubt Royal will do much of anything in this social media age. They're not going to want other women to try to give birth aboard their ships for the benefits.

I think it's so easy to forget that while our goal is to have a lot of fun, relaxation and excitement and we can be demanding and nitpick every aspect of those things for perfection, the goal of the ship's officers and crew is different.  Theirs is to safely manage the ship and passengers to their destinations and back home.  Seeing things like this demonstrates that there is so much more to what they are doing on our behalf besides menu changes and game shows.  I love to hear that everything worked out.

Now, I'd like to remind the passenger about a survey they are going to receive and to please give a score of.....