Miami Port Transporation

Ticca

My family is finally taking the plunge on our 1st cruise in January!  We are very excited, but a little nervous about the transportation.  I am looking for any suggestions for transportation for 5 people (each with luggage) from hotel to the cruise port.  I am concerned with Uber due to the large party and baggage space needed.  Does anyone have a transportation company to recommend?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Whenever we or anyone else we know cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, we use (or recommend) Ft. Lauderdale Shuttle & Limo - https://fortlauderdalelimos.org/  - and have for probably 15 years. The company is based in Ft. Lauderdale (obviously), but I've never had an issue with getting transfers around Miami, too. 

The man that owns it is called Jason, who is very helpful.  Sometimes he will call himself "Jay" if he ends up driving one of the cars, but typically he's in the office and very responsive to service requests.  Jason has taken wonderful care of us for years and has always been flexible with accommodating our requests. 

As a recent example, my wife and I were on a cruise in August when we ran into two dear friends aboard - long story short, our friends decided to fly home with us to visit a bit longer after the cruise and just take a commercial flight home from here, so they needed to join us in the car from Port Miami to the general aviation airport we use around there (Ft. Lauderdale Executive).  I emailed Jason in a panic since I had only booked a car for my wife and I - he replied immediately "no problem" - darned if he didn't pull up in a 15 passenger luxury shuttle bus, so we had plenty of room all the way to Banyan. 

One other thing I like about Jason and his drivers - they'll text and coordinate with you as you disembark the ship and clear customs - when all goes to plan, the car will swing in to an empty space at the curb just as you're walking up.  No waiting in that Florida humidity for you.  Highly recommend. 

13 hours ago, Ticca said:

Thank you!  I found a hotel with transport to the port.  Now I just need to find us a ride back to the airport!

For that many people...You might consider the RC Bus Transport from Port to Airport.  It's reasonably priced at like $16/pp and easy to find the bus after disembarking the ship.  I was going to Uber from port to MIA airport and decided while curising it might be easier to just use their service with all the people coming in and going out via Ubers to just board their bus ...so we went to guest services and they added it to our bill.