Booking two rooms - only using one

Kanne

1 hour ago, Kanne said:

We are a family of 4 looking at a cruise, however there are no accommodating connecting rooms or rooms listed for 4. 

My questions is since we co sleep with our youngest already and our second child is pretty young and can use the couch.. would anyone say anything if we only actually occupied 1 of the rooms? 

You shouldn't need a second room if your 2 children are that young. You should be able to get a room with a pull out couch and only pay for 1 room

2 hours ago, Kanne said:

We are a family of 4 looking at a cruise, however there are no accommodating connecting rooms or rooms listed for 4. 

My questions is since we co sleep with our youngest already and our second child is pretty young and can use the couch.. would anyone say anything if we only actually occupied 1 of the rooms? 

It might be worthwhile enlisting the aid of a travel agent. Royal typically do not show all of their available inventory on their public website but TAs can often find rooms that are not showing up and so might be able to get a room for 4 that you can't see online. 

17 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It might be worthwhile enlisting the aid of a travel agent. Royal typically do not show all of their available inventory on their public website but TAs can often find rooms that are not showing up and so might be able to get a room for 4 that you can't see online. 

This has been my experience as well when I travel with kids. You can call Royal or use a TA. They do have rooms that are not listed in the normal website just for these situations and only larger parties are allowed to book them.  These rooms usually open up for normal bookings a couple of weeks before the sail date if unsold.