Ability to Re-price with a screenshot?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience, especially this week with the RC phone lines so busy - last night about 11 PM MST I took a screenshot of the new price for a cruise I am already booked on in March, still well outside the final payment date. The price drop was significant, so as I would normally do, I tried calling. However, wait times were crazy, so I just sent an email via the website. I received an automated reply saying that someone would get back to me as soon as possible regarding my request, but was hoping to get some insight from this great cruising community - Has anybody had luck repricing with a screenshot in the past? Today when I looked the price is higher again (go figure, Cyber Monday "sale"). 🙂 The screenshot I took last night shows the full booking page, date of cruise, number of passengers, same room I currently have booked, etc. My fingers are crossed, but I don't want to be too hopeful if the agent that responds doesn't see the same pricing as I did last night...

Thanks!

What category is your current booking?  Does the screen shot show a mock booking for the exact same category?

Interior, Ocean View, Balcony, etc. are NOT categories.

4V, 2N, 2D etc. are example of categories.  If your screenshot and your current booking both display the same exact category code then you need to call.  Emails will be processed when ever and if that pricing isn't available when they get around to looking at an email in a few days you will have a very hard time getting a price adjustment.

Most people use a TA so the TA has to spend time on the phone dealing with Royal.  When people choose to be their own TA they get to spend hours on hold just like a TA does to get these things done.

I've had a similar experience to yours and I find that it's easiest to just wait out the phone lines and be able to speak to someone to get the promotion or support you need. I have sent numerous emails that get no reply at all. The one's that were responded to didn't happen within the week. I had a screenshot of the discount, but was told over the phone that they wouldn't accept a screenshot and that once it expired they aren't able to re-create the promotion. I think it'd be really great for Royal Caribbean to add in a live chat feature for simple help rather than offer email as a means of communication. Live chat would be able to help deal with the high call volumes of people who are inquiring about cruises or are calling to ask questions. It would also allow support reps to be able to handle multiple chats at one time rather than just one call.

8 hours ago, MattJump said:

I've had a similar experience to yours and I find that it's easiest to just wait out the phone lines and be able to speak to someone to get the promotion or support you need. I have sent numerous emails that get no reply at all. The one's that were responded to didn't happen within the week. I had a screenshot of the discount, but was told over the phone that they wouldn't accept a screenshot and that once it expired they aren't able to re-create the promotion. I think it'd be really great for Royal Caribbean to add in a live chat feature for simple help rather than offer email as a means of communication. Live chat would be able to help deal with the high call volumes of people who are inquiring about cruises or are calling to ask questions. It would also allow support reps to be able to handle multiple chats at one time rather than just one call.

I do the same, wait on hold…especially if there is a special deal that will expire before the next day.  I believe the reps can only honor what is on the computer in front of them…just my experience.  Emails totally are hit or miss and much more miss than hit!!!

@travellingtannis I wish you luck and please let us know your outcome.

My experience is the agent can only access what's in the computer at the time they check it. They can't go back to a previous price once that window closes. 

I just hold on with my phone on speaker (I pretty much know all the words to the commercial they play while holding...its burned into my brain!). Sometimes it can be a long wait, especially during sales. If I didn't have the time to do that...I would definitely use a travel agent.  

Good luck!

I have changed my rate, to a lower price, many times.  I always have my travel agent take care of the change.  They do have to call, but they call different numbers used by travel agents and seems their wait time is way less.   Usually my price reductions were around $400.  But I did save $1,800 once!

Thanks everyone, I'm still going to wait and continue to watch the pricing as per usual, and will phone many more times I'm certain. 

I also re-price my cruise fare all the time (I agree with @BrianB, that music, UGH!);  the issue with this one instance was how late it was when I checked the online price, and how long the wait would have been on hold, which I just couldn't stay awake for (hey, getting too old to be up til all hours when I work the next morning lol).

I will update if I ever receive a reply though, and thank you all for your thoughtful advice and past experience!