RCs Sales!!

Mike n Ky

Black Friday sale just ended and today the same deals are showing for Cyber Monday. Their countdown is on! But likely to be extended if history serves. I do recall a sale years ago with a countdown, it was a Sunday night and I couldn't reach my TA so I panicked and booked. Next morning got an email saying the sale had been extended. LOL

It's all marketing and timing. I have been watching and documenting a sailing I was curious about for next summer. Yes, for the three of us it is down in price just under $500.00 from right before this "sale" but it is up about $ 5,000 from when I first started watching it in November 2021, same cabin same sailing. 

For me, I NEVER find it prudent to book under a kids sale free promotion either. My kid is 16 (so not 12 and under) and our base rates are always higher during this time. Maybe the promotion catches my attention but once you get down in the weeds I usually find the base rate has been raised a bit to take into account the "sale" I have criteria I want/need to sail, if I find something I'm comfortable with I work from there. ALWAYS pay attention to how much money is going to be placed on that vibrating credit card. 

Come on Summer 2024 I'm waiting on YOU!

3 hours ago, Brett_FL said:

Definitely not the kind of BF and CM sales they once had. I think the big savings maybe in the cruise planner right now more so then the cruise fares.   

Absolutely the case. The biggest savings are on beverage packages and excursions. The biggest savings for excursions were on the very first day of the sale where many of my July 2023 Alaskan excused were 35% off and then went to 20% off the very next day. Perfect Day water park and Beach Club admissions are 50% off. If I was to reprice my July cruise, I would have to actually pay more $$

14 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

The biggest savings are on beverage packages and excursions.

I've seen the strongest discounts on CocoCay excursions as well as the photo and internet packages. The weakest (or non-existent) discounts have been on dining packages. Drink package discounts have been minimal, nothing different than a normal "sale".

20 hours ago, Brett_FL said:

Definitely not the kind of BF and CM sales they once had. I think the big savings maybe in the cruise planner right now more so then the cruise fares.   

I just booked a cruise Friday 11/25/22 and it is still not showing when I log in so I am wondering what sales in the planner I am missing out on!

I'm rolling the dice on the DBP...I've had it on previous two 3N sailing but I did NOT purchase it during Black Friday for our 7N SOS Cruise in Feb '23....I'm hoping it will go below $72.99 between now and then.  Been debating and honestly, with two port days, I am thinking it might be better for me to just get refreshment package and pay for drinks as I go. 

Plus my Wife cannot drink due to kidney issue... and I've heard a few people say when they called to buy one DBP and the other person in cabin who doesn't drink, get them the Refreshment Package...RC told them they would not do it.  I'm wondering if they are moving away from this?

1 hour ago, Mike T said:

Plus my Wife cannot drink due to kidney issue... and I've heard a few people say when they called to buy one DBP and the other person in cabin who doesn't drink, get them the Refreshment Package...RC told them they would not do it.  I'm wondering if they are moving away from this?

I just did this for the 3rd time the other day. My husband doesn't/cannot drink and I have had no issues getting the DBP for myself (and the refreshment package for him). It was a few minutes on the phone while they did the "permissions" or whatever. I did ask if there was a way it could be noted for further cruises - she said that they hoped to be able to get that set up, but it is not as yet. 

As everyone on here always says, if you call and get an answer you don't like, call back!