Change cabin after final pmt

My sister is past final pmt and has a promenade stateroom on the Allure.  With the current promo, she could get a superior ocean balcony for a few hundred dollars more but would also get $150 OBC, making the net difference less than $200, not to mention she'd be across the hall from me.  If she wants to change her cabin, would she lose any $ from her original reservation since she's already past final pmt date?  

5 hours ago, L454S said:

I have done this before. You will never get money back, even if the cabin you want is less than you paid. They will accept MORE money for you to upgrade yourself. Call and get a quote............

Correct. If you want to pay more money, they will always take that.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Correct. If you want to pay more money, they will always take that.

Thanks.  I just wasn't sure that since we're already 70 days until our cruise if they will reduce her original reservation by the amount of her deposit before they let her upgrade.  I'll have our TA call and get a quote.  The good thing is, we thought the "x nights free" + OBC sale was going to end last night but it looks like the sale got extended.

1 minute ago, Drewmommy said:

Thanks.  I just wasn't sure that since we're already 70 days until our cruise if they will reduce her original reservation by the amount of her deposit before they let her upgrade.  I'll have our TA call and get a quote.  The good thing is, we thought the "x nights free" + OBC sale was going to end last night but it looks like the sale got extended.

Good plan. In my experience, if you want to spend more money past final payment, RC is usually all for that.

Yesterday I wanted to upgrade to a suite on a May Sailing from the UK and was quite happy to pay the GBP £700 additional cost and loose the "all inclusive" package that I had as part of a previous offer.

However, as I had already made the final payment RC advised me that it was in my best interest to stick with what I had already booked, a balcony cabin. It seems the original booking would need cancelling and in those circumstances I would be out of pocket.  ..They are not always willing to take your offer to pay more or is it a different set of circumstances if you are a UK resident?

This is their response....

"Having checked this my best advice is to leave this option as is hence the final date was on the 16 march 2017 for any major changes.

If we went ahead to upgrade we would lose nearly half of the cruise "

2 minutes ago, Bandboxer said:

Yesterday I wanted to upgrade to a suite on a May Sailing from the UK and was quite happy to pay the GBP £700 additional cost and loose the "all inclusive" package that I had as part of a previous offer.

However, as I had already made the final payment RC advised me that it was in my best interest to stick with what I had already booked, a balcony cabin. It seems the original booking would need cancelling and in those circumstances I would be out of pocket.  ..They are not always willing to take your offer to pay more or is it a different set of circumstances if you are a UK resident?

This is their response....

"Having checked this my best advice is to leave this option as is hence the final date was on the 16 march 2017 for any major changes.

If we went ahead to upgrade we would lose nearly half of the cruise "

That stinks. It's worth noting cancellation rules in UK differ from USA.  That being said, technically the rule is the same here too.  But in practice, if you call in and tell RC you want to spend more money, they have traditionally overlooked that rule.

@Bandboxer, you might consider calling back another couple times just to see if someone you talk to is more "agreeable" to what you are asking. Worst you will hear is the same answer.

• 2 weeks later...