Unlimited Dining Package Question

mschmitt

We are doing a Six Day Mariner Of The Sea in June 2022 and have purchase of Unlimited Dining Package which includes

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $34.99 food credit.

The Question we had a couple Questions

Can we use our la carte 20 food credit for Izumi Sushi?

Can we use our la carte 20 food credit for Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, The Bamboo Room, Ben & Jerry?

Thanks

Only restaurants that have ala carte options will have the $20 credit. Izumi's is either prefixed or 34.99 worth of food. The Bamboo room and Ben & Jerry aren't included with any dining package. You have ala carte at those restaurants once per day, that means you could spend $20 at JR and then go to Playmakers. They used to allow you to go to each multiple times. 

1 hour ago, mschmitt said:

So what speciality dining restaurants are open for lunch on boarding day?

On Mariner it will be either Chops or Jamie's Italian on boarding day.  Playmakers will also be open if you want to use your $20 credit there for day 1 for lunch.  Johnny Rockets might also be open.

I have done UDP on 6 cruises this year and this is how they have worked.  It might change.

• You can eat at any of the Specialty Restaurants for lunch and dinner when they are open.
  • You can eat at Johnny Rockets one time a day.
  • You can eat at Playmakers with the $20 limit a time.
  • At Izumi's you get one small dish and 2 large dishes and desert.  This is more than one person would want to eat.
  • There is not a limit on eating.  On Thanksgiving I had lunch at Jonny Rockets, afternoon wings at Playmakers, Dinner at Chops, Turkey and Ham at Windjammer and desert at Jamies.

Notes:

• figure out where you want to eat dinner each night. 
  • As soon as you get on the ship book your reservations.
  • You can book on the ship app or go to one of the open restaurants to book it for you.
  • After the first day most of the reservations are full except for 8:00 and 8:30 reservations

44 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:
  • You can book on the ship app or go to one of the open restaurants to book it for you.

When I tried on the app for my Navigator sailing a few weeks ago it went to payment so I had to do it in person. Maybe this depends on the ship?

On 11/27/2022 at 4:26 PM, mschmitt said:

Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.

As mentioned it's whatever is open so not just sea days. My Cabo port day had Jaime's and Hooked Seafood open for lunch and I ate at both. On embarkation I ate at Hooked for lunch.

10 hours ago, mistertomatohead said:

When I tried on the app for my Navigator sailing a few weeks ago it went to payment so I had to do it in person. Maybe this depends on the ship?

As mentioned it's whatever is open so not just sea days. My Cabo port day had Jaime's and Hooked Seafood open for lunch and I ate at both. On embarkation I ate at Hooked for lunch.

If you tried on ship in the app, payment would still show and when you dine you will not be charged. I thought this was on Nav but it showed up when I did the same thing on Odyssey. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:39 PM, mistertomatohead said:

You cannot book ahead of time on the app.  You have to wait until you are on the ship or in line to get on the ship but connected to the ship wifi.