First time Refreshment Package - teens & tipping question

jbrinkm

We have the refreshment package for the first time. I know extra tipping is a personal choice because tips are prepaid on the package, but my husband and I will usually drop a little extra whenever ordering a few drinks from a bar. I'm wondering if I should require my teens to carry some ones with them around the ship to do the same? Or maybe the adults can just tip a little extra this time to make up for them (even though the bartenders wouldn't know that...). The kids wouldn't normally carry any cash around with them.

I'm also wondering about extra tips for smoothies, coffee and milkshakes. People who tip a little extra, do you do so for those items as well?

Technically you paid an 18% gratuity on the cost of the package, so tipping is not required. If you lead by example, if the kids see you tipping a few bucks when you order drinks maybe give the kids 5-10 in dollar bills and explain tipping to them. They can give out tips with each drink order or hold off until the end of the cruise and maybe go back on the last day to tip a crew member that really stood out to them that had served them earlier in the week.

It's basically doing something nice because you want to, not because you are forced to.