Drink pkg/ wine question

mom2mybugs

We have the drink pkg and the $14 per drink easily covers the beer and cocktail choices we make.  I just am curious, have the wine prices gone up at the same time as cocktails? And is the deal still the same…wine covered up to $14 (not the previous $13) and you pay the difference per glass?  I assume so but was curious if the prices were up.  Jane

In most cases the basic glass of wine that is covered by any package has always been less than the average cocktail cost. Most were around $10-13 before the prices increased and they are sort of in the same ballpark. I like prosecco and it was $11 at most venues and roughly the same after the increase. YMMV when it comes to overages, as some bartenders will charge you and other won't.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

In most cases the basic glass of wine that is covered by any package has always been less than the average cocktail cost. Most were around $10-13 before the prices increased and they are sort of in the same ballpark. I like prosecco and it was $11 at most venues and roughly the same after the increase. YMMV when it comes to overages, as some bartenders will charge you and other won't.

Yes I was thinking that we still would be covered for the basics, but we definitely like to try some of the glasses at vintages, and you were lucky to find one or two there under the per glass limit.  That’s why I was curious if they bumped them all and if we were still averaging only 2-4 extra a glass.  I’ve found that most have charged the overage, but also been inclined to give hefty servings.  Jane

What I did last cruise was order a few bottles of wine from the Royal Gifts and they were in our cabin when we arrived.  We just carried the bottle to dinner and then served it and kept it for the next meal.  The two bottles that I bring stays in our cabin for us to serve ourselves.  We get the refreshment package for specialty coffees, canned Diet Coke, fresh juice, and lots of water.  Since we get 4 Diamond drinks each per day it is still cheaper to do it this way.  We aren't big drinkers so I can't see spending the extra for the UBP.  Now, if we were bigger drinkers, then we would totally get the UBP.