Music Hall: Odyssey

tonyfsu21

My family & I just returned from sailing Odyssey for the Holiday. We had an excellent cruise, everything was perfection. The Music Hall is an amazing venue (especially on Odyssey). We were there every single night enjoying the karaoke, bands exc. The upstairs area is prime time with plenty of seats, pool tables and a full bar. I’ve been before on other ships but for some reason (maybe the layout), I enjoyed this venue on Odyssey more than the others. For anyone getting ready to sail her, you are in for a treat! 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

My family & I just returned from sailing Odyssey for the Holiday. We had an excellent cruise, everything was perfection. The Music Hall is an amazing venue (especially on Odyssey). We were there every single night enjoying the karaoke, bands exc. The upstairs area is prime time with plenty of seats, pool tables and a full bar. I’ve been before on other ships but for some reason (maybe the layout), I enjoyed this venue on Odyssey more than the others. For anyone getting ready to sail her, you are in for a treat! 

I really think I’m ready to try a quantum class ship.  We were really torn btw odyssey and harmony and ended up doing harmony since it came back Saturday.  But this sounds amazing!  Jane

What I like about the Esplanade on Quantum class is that I can bypass it and walk above it looking down into the Esplanade by using deck 5.  You are not stuck fighting your way through as the only means to move forward and aft like you are on Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class Promenades.  T-shirt sale on the Promenade?  Forget it, take an elevator to the pool deck to go forward.  At least on Q class I can use deck 5 on port or starboard, by way of the rarely used Bionic Bar or the Wonderland side to walk above the t-shirt sale. 

I really wish the Promenade on other classes had an interior walkway one deck above the Promenade like Quantum class do.  Great for people watching.  Great for events like parades.

The Schooner Bar on Q class is disappointing since there are no windows.   

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mhbon78 said:

How late does the music in Music Hall go on? We have rooms on hold on Wonder of the Seas for next fall, but they’re directly above Music Hall. I’m wondering if the music goes late at night and will keep our kids up.

On Odyssey it was often turned into the night club so 2-3am is how late the music went on. Odyssey and Wonder are two different class of ship, so I don't know whether or not it also turns into a nightclub but expect music and activities until at least 1am.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, Mhbon78 said:

How late does the music in Music Hall go on? We have rooms on hold on Wonder of the Seas for next fall, but they’re directly above Music Hall. I’m wondering if the music goes late at night and will keep our kids up.

My brother & I were drinking beers at 1:30am and the live music set didn’t seems to be near completion. This might have been due to the holiday sailing. I can’t comment on how well they sound proofed the venue but if the engineers did 1/2 as well sound proofing as they did designing that amazing venue then I would say your kids won’t hear a thing. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, Mhbon78 said:

Wondering the same thing 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:36 AM, twangster said:

The Music Hall on Quantum class has always been an awesome venue.  Much better than Dazzles/MH on Oasis class.

Sailed Quantum for the first time last week (Anthem) and we really loved the Music Hall and 270 venues.  Really awesome spots on the ship.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel on Promenade/Esplanade, but like you, I did find the 2 level implementation to work really well.  As a group, we really liked Quantum class.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, ChristinaMomOf03 said:

Our cabins are arund the corner and am wondering if it be loud into the night time?

We sailed Odyssey last summer and the sound didn't travel in the same way it did on our Ovation sailing. The bass was PUMPING late into the night on that ship. It was most likely the sound tech who was to blame on Ovation and not the acoustic panels (or lack thereof), but we were in a 10th floor ocean view starboard balcony and the bass kept me up pretty late each night. Because they are sister ships, it may come down to the person running the soundboard. 

On 11/29/2022 at 6:44 AM, twangster said:

What I like about the Esplanade on Quantum class is that I can bypass it and walk above it looking down into the Esplanade by using deck 5.  You are not stuck fighting your way through as the only means to move forward and aft like you are on Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class Promenades.  T-shirt sale on the Promenade?  Forget it, take an elevator to the pool deck to go forward.  At least on Q class I can use deck 5 on port or starboard, by way of the rarely used Bionic Bar or the Wonderland side to walk above the t-shirt sale. 

I really wish the Promenade on other classes had an interior walkway one deck above the Promenade like Quantum class do.  Great for people watching.  Great for events like parades.

The Schooner Bar on Q class is disappointing since there are no windows.   

I agree with everything stated, sorely needed on Oasis Class. It can be engineered in, I doubt it will ever happen. However, the bold/underline speaks volumes...I have thought of this many times as I'm cutoff from moving further on Oasis Class. 

Also, agree on Schooner Bar...one of the more soothing/relaxing aspect of the bar, during the mid part of the day, is looking out into vastness....which is none & void on Quantum class. It's like Schooner Bar tucked away in a grand closet....that the give & take off Quantum class ship. As much as like this class of ship, there are some tweaks I wish could be made...but your analysis is spot on, imo.