Black Friday sale... How long?

deep1

Been circling like a shark getting ready to do a few bookings .  Near ready to pull the trigger on one waiting on fiancée's work to approve a job shift (relocation). Been shopping the same itinerary on different dates and ships.  I mentioned last week that they are only slowly making rooms available . Its ok I'm a fisherman and patient as can be waiting for it to get right. Being Oasis class I really have to do whole mock bookings to get pricing on Ocean View Balcony. I saw on one of about 6 that I'm watching close the interior went down but the balcony went up by almost 1000 for the two of us, Other ones the interiors went down and OV Balconies and anywhere from 700-1200 higher. Oddly enough the highest priced one before has not changed one bit and now is the lowest price right now.   Soooooo... How long til this "sale" is over and prices drop and revert to just confusing . 😄

To be fair I have had great deals on cruise planner stuff during this sale but never have I seen great deals on the cruises themselves.. 

The problem with the cruise planner sales is that stuff starts to sell out completely or go up in price after a certain number of places get sold.

One of my excursions that was selling for $70.99 is now showing at $84 with no discount, and another that I got for $68 is now going for $99, also with no discount showing. I'm pretty pleased I was able to get them when I did.

14 hours ago, deep1 said:

Been circling like a shark getting ready to do a few bookings .  Near ready to pull the trigger on one waiting on fiancée's work to approve a job shift (relocation). Been shopping the same itinerary on different dates and ships.  I mentioned last week that they are only slowly making rooms available . Its ok I'm a fisherman and patient as can be waiting for it to get right. Being Oasis class I really have to do whole mock bookings to get pricing on Ocean View Balcony. I saw on one of about 6 that I'm watching close the interior went down but the balcony went up by almost 1000 for the two of us, Other ones the interiors went down and OV Balconies and anywhere from 700-1200 higher. Oddly enough the highest priced one before has not changed one bit and now is the lowest price right now.   Soooooo... How long til this "sale" is over and prices drop and revert to just confusing . 😄

To be fair I have had great deals on cruise planner stuff during this sale but never have I seen great deals on the cruises themselves.. 

18 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The problem with the cruise planner sales is that stuff starts to sell out completely or go up in price after a certain number of places get sold.

One of my excursions that was selling for $70.99 is now showing at $84 with no discount, and another that I got for $68 is now going for $99, also with no discount showing. I'm pretty pleased I was able to get them when I did.

Yes, cruise planner items will not always stay the same price.  They can sell out.  Same with cruise prices.  Categories can sell out, and change the prices of their other offerings.  You just never know.  I booked a cruise for 2024 about a month ago, as soon as it became available to book.  My price I have is way cheaper than the Black Friday prices.  I find booking early, like within a week of offering, is the best rates.

2 hours ago, Linda R said:

Yes, cruise planner items will not always stay the same price.  They can sell out.  Same with cruise prices.  Categories can sell out, and change the prices of their other offerings.  You just never know.  I booked a cruise for 2024 about a month ago, as soon as it became available to book.  My price I have is way cheaper than the Black Friday prices.  I find booking early, like within a week of offering, is the best rates.

I have dealt with this in the past... The prices almost always come down after the sale 😄

Yes, I have gone to order history and it says "Psst…only the guest who made the reservation can change it." I made the reservation.  My daughter is getting the same error and she made her reservation too.

Okay, we figured out the problem.  Some of our activities showed they were booked by my husband (they weren't). I had him set up his account and cancel and rebook.  

Thanks for the help.

20 minutes ago, Kkmadden said:

We’re trying to decide on a short, 4 night cruise in January. We’re looking at RCCL and Celebrity. The Celebrity has a package including the drink package. Is there anyway to check the beverage package rates with RCCL?

A four night cruise on Freedom on January 9th costs $77.99 per day plus 18% gratuity per day per person.

Two guests would be 4 days x $77.99 x 2 guests = $623.04 plus 18% gratuity = $735 total.

That is based on their BOGO 50% "deal".