Normal length for refunds?

Robert M

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I got mine from the 19th this morning, done in two separate amounts, one for each item purchased, even though they were purchased under the same order and paid for with the same card.

Good they are starting to come through. Mine from 17/18th still have t arrived. They said during the week the finance department was looking into it. Then nothing, no response.

A couple of my refunds are for internet packages that were not priced right by Royal on that day when things were not working well on the website.  I had to cancel the internet packages for a B2B cruise so I ended up cancelling twice for each cruise.  Still no refunds for the internet packages.  I cancelled an excursion and repriced it but I received that refund a week ago.

What is the best number to call?  I called the number on the "Sorry, there's been a change" email I received that confirmed the cancellations---hold time was 74 minutes.  The battery on my phone gave up after 90 minutes.  I tried calling again early this morning but the office is closed and a message said that I should call back during regular business hours. Do the regular business hours include Saturday?

Should I wait this out and just hope my refunds get processed eventually?

45 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

A couple of my refunds are for internet packages that were not priced right by Royal on that day when things were not working well on the website.  I had to cancel the internet packages for a B2B cruise so I ended up cancelling twice for each cruise.  Still no refunds for the internet packages.  I cancelled an excursion and repriced it but I received that refund a week ago.

What is the best number to call?  I called the number on the "Sorry, there's been a change" email I received that confirmed the cancellations---hold time was 74 minutes.  The battery on my phone gave up after 90 minutes.  I tried calling again early this morning but the office is closed and a message said that I should call back during regular business hours. Does regular business hours include Saturday?

If you've sailed with Royal before then you are a member of the Crown and Anchor Society.  You can call that team to assist with the same things you would call the general number.   From booking a new cruise to servicing an existing cruise.  

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

What is the best number to call?  I called the number on the "Sorry, there's been a change" email I received that confirmed the cancellations---hold time was 74 minutes.  The battery on my phone gave up after 90 minutes.  I tried calling again early this morning but the office is closed and a message said that I should call back during regular business hours. Does regular business hours include Saturday?

Mine were internet packages that I cancelled for precisely the same reason.

I have not called or made any contact with them at all so I guess they're just gradually working through them.

32 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Mine were internet packages that I cancelled for precisely the same reason.

I have not called or made any contact with them at all so I guess they're just gradually working through them.

My patience improved during Covid but then things got better.  Now my patience is being tested again.  I just need closure sometimes and then I would feel better.

12 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

My patience improved during Covid but then things seemed to get better.  Now my patience is being tested again.  I just need closure sometimes

Totally understand.

@twangster suggested contacting C&A. You can actually contact them by private message through their Facebook page. Saves you having to hang on the phone if you're short on time.

I've contacted them this way in the past to avoid costly long distance calls and they sorted the issue in a couple of hours.

15 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I've contacted them this way in the past to avoid costly long distance calls and they sorted the issue in a couple of hours.

I'm waiting until 9 a.m Eastern Standard Time.  It might be easier to forget it except that my memory hasn't failed me yet!

All mine have been posted. I had to due a bit of calculating with the way they break up the refunds to make sure they got everything. Its weird that when you buy multiples of something, like a lunch for all three guests, it's a single charge, but it gets refunded in three pieces. Throw in that parts of some purchases used partial payment with OBC and you better keep good records.

45 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

All mine have been posted. I had to due a bit of calculating with the way they break up the refunds to make sure they got everything. Its weird that when you buy multiples of something, like a lunch for all three guests, it's a single charge, but it gets refunded in three pieces. Throw in that parts of some purchases used partial payment with OBC and you better keep good records.

Same thing for me. They came through this morning from the Black Friday sail and they were all itemized even though I paid together for them. I have to go back and make sure everything was refunded as well because of this. Either way I'm glad it's taken care of especially since I sail in 6 days. 

7 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Thank you @twangster!

Just got off the phone with C&A (800-526-9723)... wait time was about 20 minutes.

CS rep was excellent and confirmed exact amounts and dates and that all refunds were processed on their end (12/8/22)... should be showing on my CC early next week hopefully!

I was told exactly the same about all my refunds being processed on 12/8/22.  I called at 9 a.m. eastern time and the call when straight through.  CS rep was excellent and the entire call took less than 5 minutes!!

1 hour ago, mike2608 said:

I just looked at my CC statement and nothing yet and and I cancelled my drink and internet package on 11/19. Very frustrating will give it till the end of this week, if no refund will call Crown & Anchor.☹️😠

I still have a little over $800 in refunds from 11/19 that I am waiting for as well. I thought the same this afternoon. If nothing by the end of this coming week, I will have to make the dreaded phone call.

On 12/10/2022 at 7:15 AM, twangster said:

If you've sailed with Royal before then you are a member of the Crown and Anchor Society.  You can call that team to assist with the same things you would call the general number.   From booking a new cruise to servicing an existing cruise.  

I discovered this recently.  Much, much faster and more helpful reps than the general 1-800 number 

On 12/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

All of my Cruise Planner refunds from the 18th processed yesterday (12-10).  Of course, I had JUST paid the balance in full the day before so now I have a big credit balance.  🤬

4 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

My exact experience.  Definitely frustrating 

It's like they were holding your refunds hostage!

On 12/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, mike2608 said:

I just looked at my CC statement and nothing yet and and I cancelled my drink and internet package on 11/19. Very frustrating will give it till the end of this week, if no refund will call Crown & Anchor.☹️😠

I just checked my CC statement and RC has refunded me today🙂

7 hours ago, culebron said:

I canceled several drink and internet packages on 11/18 and rebooked them with the sale then.  I just got my refunds today posted on my CC.  It seems it took 14 business days (remember the Thanksgiving holiday in between there).

About the same length of time for us.