Main Dining Room Menu Survey

coneyraven

3 hours ago, coneyraven said:

ust out of curiosity, did anyone else get an email today with a survey regarding the MDR menu?  What did you think?

Just completed it. If that is the route they are going with the sample menu, I'll go to the Windjammer or specialty dining.

The sample menu looked like themed dining from the Windjammer not the MDR.  None of the "classic" items on the menu at all.

21 minutes ago, KJones said:

did we get different sample menus? On the menu I was shown both starters and desserts had more classics than non-classic options. Entrees were evenly split.

Mine was " Mexican Theme Night". Only classic was Caesar salad.  Premium chops Filet and Lobster tail add on's.

Only classic dessert was ice cream

2 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

So I have a sailing in 18 days on the Oasis and then one next year on Symphony and if they make these changes I will have to seriously consider switching lines.

And this really sucks because I will have just made it to Diamond. 

We’re on OA as you are getting off !  Have a great cruise.

Never got the survey, anybody screen cap the menu(s)? I’m not overly picky with options (just give me the pumpkin seed rolls and I’m happy), wife not so much. 

If these changes cause me to have to go to the windjammer for dinner (something I’ve never done), might have to look for another cruise line 

Hubby just got on 2 days ago.  We got the Mediterranean themed one.  Looking at the entire menu the only thing we ranked above a 1 was the apple blossom.  With none of the "classics" we would have some fear of going down there each night.  To go to a theme night is a nice idea, but we feel you still have to have some classics to fall back on every night.  If we went down there for dinner one night and it was "surprise! it's seafood night" and that's all they have I'd have to turn around and run the other way.  I have a bad allergy to shellfish and I already have to skip the MDR now as it is when they are having lobster tails plus some other shellfish.  We love the MDR and we love the fact they do change the selections each night.  If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

We didn't get the survey, but this would be our input, with the caveat that because we are newer to cruising the menu is still fresh.  We like to be surprised when we go to the MDR, so we don't look ahead at the menu. We are fortunate to be adventurous eaters without allergies. We would love to see a couple of specials that were the chef's creations original and interesting. Royal can't win on this one though as the food is a highly personal experience. 

We never got the survey.  If they're planning on changing the menu. Please make sure you keep the classics. As others have mentioned be on time, take a look on the app for the menu so you have an idea of what you'd like.  Close the doors 15 minutes after the time set for the meal.  If people are late either go up to MYD or the WJ.

2 hours ago, Ala_Paul said:

Do they at least post the menu outside the dining room? If they're going to start changing up menus, why not post them outside so people can look before they are seated?

That's a great idea, because even though the menu is technically in the app, it isn't always right. We would always take a peek beforehand and it was usually about 80% aligned with the paper menu in the MDR. Some nights were exactly the same and some were really different. One night, different family members got two different paper menus in the MDR. We were trying to talk about what we were ordering and it was really confusing as our menus said different things.

18 minutes ago, BowTieBrigade said:

@WesKineticWhich ship will you be on? Our Allure menus for next month are still the same…

Oasis on 12/22.  The menus had been showing up previously, but are now absent. It's entirely possible it could just be a glitch, but the timing of this right after the survey just kind of raised an eyebrow. We shall see. 

4 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

Oasis on 12/22.  The menus had been showing up previously, but are now absent. It's entirely possible it could just be a glitch, but the timing of this right after the survey just kind of raised an eyebrow. We shall see. 

Our harmony 12/31 menus are up and they finally posted nights 6 and 7.  I’m so bummed…they are doing lobster on the last night…I’ve never seen it not on night 6.  We will be at Izumi that night.  Oh well…we need to just keep the beach club at coco cay and eat lobster and steak there

10 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I noticed and wondered the same thing this weekend on our 12/18 Oasis sailing.  Whatever the menu is, I'm sure I will eat just fine.