Classic Soda Packeage and Back to Back

jmonge075

3 hours ago, jmonge075 said:

We are doing Back to Back on January, and we are wondering if it is necessary to boutgh only one Classic Soda Package for both itineraries, ¿what do you think?

If you want to drink unlimited soda on both legs, then yes, you need to purchase it for each leg.  You cannot reuse the cup.

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you want to drink unlimited soda on both legs, then yes, you need to purchase it for each leg.  You cannot reuse the cup.

13 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've been privately corrected, stating that my statement was incorrect.  Hopefully that person will just reply here, where it's actually useful.

I think your statement is the "correct" and/or "official" answer.  However, I think by default the chips in the cups are activated for 14 days (which is long enough to cover almost every single cruise with a few transatlantic/transpacific exceptions).  Therefore, the cups would probably work fine for B2B cruises but I don't think that is Royal's intention.

39 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I think your statement is the "correct" and/or "official" answer.  However, I think by default the chips in the cups are activated for 14 days (which is long enough to cover almost every single cruise with a few transatlantic/transpacific exceptions).  Therefore, the cups would probably work fine for B2B cruises but I don't think that is Royal's intention.

This is exactly the case. When you use the cups, the Freestyle machine will tell you it is active until a specific date (which is 14 days from the first use). In order to get sodas without the souvenir cup, a separate package must be purchased for each cruise.

15 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

I get that it is active - but did you pay for 7 days or 14?

You paid for the length of your cruise.

For example, I had a S2S I got the soda package for my Nov 7-12 Harmony and the cup would have been active until the 21st. I got a new cup when I joined Odyssey on the 13th; that cup said active until the 28th.

I paid for 5 days and then I paid for 6 days, however my total days for active cups was over 30. Someone could be trifling and use one cup and not pay on a B2B. 

You can't purchase a drink package that covers both legs of a B2B as they treat your sailings as separate cruises in terms of Cruise Planner purchases.

The Freestyle machine activates your cup that comes with the drink packages for 14 days the first time you use it in the machine. This saves Royal from having to pre-activate the cups specific to the length of the sailing as the majority of cruises are 14 days or less.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

Thanks.