Odyssey of the Seas - Apr 21, 2024 - May 5, 2024 (14 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Odyssey of the Seas - Apr 21, 2024 - May 5, 2024 (14 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, LooneyCruzer said:

Starting a thread. 540 days is a long time 😞

Β 

Yes, even though we're less than a year now (287 days as of today) it still seems like a long time away.Β  Hopefully time will fly by.Β Β 

On 1/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, Amy Monti said:

Looking forward to this cruise. Can’t wait to go. Hope time flies.

We are from FL

We're from Florida too,Β  Palm Beach County.Β Β 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hi I hope someone will post some details while on this cruise. Β I booked the 2025 Oyssey crossing April 27-May 11 so details on weather, clothing, things to do, smooth vs rough seas will all be welcome!

We're booked for this TA and I'm planning on doing a "live from" thread with photos, weather conditions, dinning experiences, what we do, etc.,Β  I'll post a link on this thread.Β  Β 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MorganH said:

Today check in opens for our cruise!

Also, if anyone is spending time in Rome after the cruise, May 5th is the first Sunday of the month when the museums are free to enter.Β 

Awww I’m going to miss out on that free museum entires next year as we β€œland” in Rome on May 11, 2025. Β 
In October you mentioned you will be visiting Assisi and Rome before flying home? Β I’m just wondering when is the best time to begin my planning for post-cruise Rome and Venice stays. Β I also have a few family members meeting us in Rome once we disembark.

BecauseΒ  the day we dock in Rome is first Sunday/free day for almost everything, you will not be able to make reservations for much of anything, and lines will be huge. πŸ˜•

Wondering if we will be able to make it to St Peters Square in time for the Pope's noon Sunday Angelus (blessing). Unlike a papal audience, no tickets required, and it only lasts about 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, lost little boy said:

this will be my first ever cruise and my first time ever leaving the country! i am only 24 and I'm super excited!! 31 days!!!Β πŸ₯³

Wow!Β  How exciting for you!Β  It's our first cruise in about 30 years, and I was about your age my last cruise.Β Β  I think a lot has changed in 30 years in the cruise line industry.Β  I think the cruise ship I was on last was about 1/3 the size of Odyssey, so I'm really looking forward to exploring the ship and making the voyage across the Atlantic.Β Β  Back then many cruises had a midnight buffet, which I think died a slow death.Β  I really didn't each much on the buffet, it was just something to do at midnight and a spectacle.Β Β 

Is there anything you're particularly looking forward to?Β Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, Grogu said:

Wow!Β  How exciting for you!Β  It's our first cruise in about 30 years, and I was about your age my last cruise.Β Β  I think a lot has changed in 30 years in the cruise line industry.Β  I think the cruise ship I was on last was about 1/3 the size of Odyssey, so I'm really looking forward to exploring the ship and making the voyage across the Atlantic.Β Β  Back then many cruises had a midnight buffet, which I think died a slow death.Β  I really didn't each much on the buffet, it was just something to do at midnight and a spectacle.Β Β 

Is there anything you're particularly looking forward to?Β Β 

Β 

that's exciting for you too!Β 

to be honest, a midnight buffet sounds like sometime I would try once but not get much use out of. interesting concept though! lol

Β 

honestly I'm most excited for the long stretch of sea days! getting up and just seeing nothing but the ocean for so many days sounds so relaxing to me.Β  what about you?

On 3/13/2024 at 7:50 AM, Abby Wetherington said:

Hi guys, just wondering about what I can expect temperature wise on this cruise? I'm used to caribbean cruises, so I know this will be different.

One more thing please, I'm thinking about bringing a mattress topper for the bed and I know they say it's a king but I'm thinking it's more like a queen size bed. Which size mattress topper would you bring?πŸ€”Β 

On 3/21/2024 at 8:57 AM, MorganH said:

Last time we were there we were able to make it in plenty of time for Pentecost Mass with the Holy Father. I think we were seated with 20-30 min to spare.Β 

IMG_7753.jpeg

This is amazing!! do you mind sharing general information about this? did you go straight from the ship to there? did you have luggage with you? did you just show up? sorry for all the questions, and I know I could just google this, but I also like hearing from people's experiences!Β 

On 3/13/2024 at 7:50 AM, Abby Wetherington said:

Hi guys, just wondering about what I can expect temperature wise on this cruise? I'm used to caribbean cruises, so I know this will be different.

my friend who has been on the exact cruise on the exact boat just one year ago told me to bring a light jacket! he said it gets cool and he and his husband didn't swim in the outdoor pools at all because it was too cold for their taste. However, I'm taking this with a grain of salt as I know he gets cold easier than me. I can't speak from experience (and my body also tends to run warm), but I would assume based off of what he said and just knowing how the weather works over the ocean (I'm a weather nerd lol) it won't be scorching hot or anything of that sort! def pack shorts, t-shirts, etc, but also have a light jacket/windbreaker and some sweats or joggers!Β 

Β 

but anyone who has actually BEEN on one before can give better insight, I just saw this wasn't responded to and if you still wanted an answer that's the information I have! πŸ™‚Β 

1 hour ago, lost little boy said:

This is amazing!! do you mind sharing general information about this? did you go straight from the ship to there? did you have luggage with you? did you just show up? sorry for all the questions, and I know I could just google this, but I also like hearing from people's experiences!Β 

It was very easy! We took the shuttle from the ship to the train station. We then rode the train to the San Pietro exit. The walk is about 10 minutes and we dropped off our luggage on the way.Β 
When we got to St Peters, there was a line but they kept us moving quickly. I looked back at my pics and we were seated by 9:15. We did not rush off the ship or at the station at all.

We are thinking we will go to the Pantheon for Mass this time. If I remember correctly, their Mass is at 10:30.Β 

I hope this helps?!? πŸ‘πŸ»

4 hours ago, MorganH said:

It was very easy! We took the shuttle from the ship to the train station. We then rode the train to the San Pietro exit. The walk is about 10 minutes and we dropped off our luggage on the way.Β 
When we got to St Peters, there was a line but they kept us moving quickly. I looked back at my pics and we were seated by 9:15. We did not rush off the ship or at the station at all.

We are thinking we will go to the Pantheon for Mass this time. If I remember correctly, their Mass is at 10:30.Β 

I hope this helps?!? πŸ‘πŸ»

it does help!! thank you!Β πŸ˜„Β