Grande Suite on Freedom of the Seas Questions

Funeegal

Hi!  I just won a Royal Up bid for a Grande 1-bedroom suite on the Freedom of the Seas.  I have The Key booked.  I was wondering if Voom internet is included.  If so, I want to cancel the Key.  The suite benefits are similar and we don't need to eat in the main dining room for lunch.

Also, does Freedom have a suite pool deck?  I am reading and it seems like I can't get a straight answer.

Thanks in advance!  First time in any kind of suite.  I usually book balcony rooms!

We were on Freedom in a GS last year.. Voom is only included on Quantum and Oasis class ships. With the Key , lunch in the MDR is only on embarkation day not everyday of the cruise. Freedom does have a Suite Sun deck(very small) but access is not restricted as it is on the other Freedom and voyager class ships.. there is a bar on the same deck that is open to all. If the price of the Key is equal to or lower than the Voom price, then keep it. If it is significantly higher, I would cancel.

Take advantage of the Suite lounge.. happy hour, coffee machine , snacks and the Suite Concierge. The concierge will reach out pre-cruise (about 5-7 days) to introduce themselves. They can assist with dining and show reservations etc...

33 minutes ago, Funeegal said:

Hi!  I just won a Royal Up bid for a Grande 1-bedroom suite on the Freedom of the Seas.  I have The Key booked.  I was wondering if Voom internet is included.  If so, I want to cancel the Key.  The suite benefits are similar and we don't need to eat in the main dining room for lunch.

Also, does Freedom have a suite pool deck?  I am reading and it seems like I can't get a straight answer.

Thanks in advance!  First time in any kind of suite.  I usually book balcony rooms!

You definitely don't need the Key if you are in a suite.  I would cancel and book Voom separately (unless the combined Key/Voom deal you got was cheaper than the current Voom price).

The room is awesome although the perks are not as good as on Oasis class. Don't miss happy hour in the suite lounge. 

I actually like the suite sun deck because it is actually at the pool.  It is not large so you may need to get out early to ensure a spot.

Thanks for the responses!  This is a 4-night and The Key was $2/day more than the internet per day (total $8) so Chops and hand delivery of luggage to the room is worth the $8.  I am a diamond member, but my travel friend is not so we will most definitely take advantage of the suite lounge.  LOVE that we can get free room service as well!  This is a mom's get-a-way and this just makes it extra special.

*Excited Suite Newbie*