xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Jul 2, 2023 - Jul 9, 2023 (7 Night Greek Isles Cruise)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I recently traveled with my family in Greece via a Royal Caribbean cruise and I took shore excursions from Kids Love Greece in multiple ports. We stopped at Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and Crete. We loved all the experiences! Check out this article Six Reasons Why You Should Book a Guided Shore Excursion With Kids Love Greece. I totally recommend them!

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, AniJ1979 said:

Hi Tess, I'm from Florida too.  I booked the cruise for next summer, 2024.   Please post again, I'm overwhelmed with all the options.  

Have a wonderful cruise!

I get it! I have been planning this trip for a year! We leave next week and I am still finalizing some pre and post cruise reservations. I will share here what we have booked and include prices because I wish I had this info when I started planning out this adventure. I will preface this by saying that I did purchase a few good Black Friday deals for things like 40% off the soda package for my kids ($132 for both for the week), and a splurge lunch at Izumi Hibachi for 20% off ($102). I did book and rebook a few things when prices went down by a few dollars, such as bottled water for the room and a small ($25) arcade credit for my kids ($40). 

I booked the Key (Black Friday sale) for $650 for the week for the three of us. It includes internet, a scaled down Chops lunch, priority tender in Santorini, priority boarding, VIP seating for shows (with reservations for some depending on the venue), early debarkation, and private time for some onboard activities. This is definitely a nice to have, not a must have, and there is a lot of conversation on the boards weighing in on the benefits of the Key. We had it for our trip to Alaska last summer and I found great value in it, but many disagree 😁 Because it was only a few dollars more than internet alone, I went for it.

As far as excursions go, I booked the following (all prices are for 3 people):

• Santorini, Greece- 3-hour, small group island tour through Viator - $160 (you can take a bus to Oia for just a few dollars, I just like the idea of someone pointing things out along the way)
  • Kusadasi, Turkey- Ultimate Ephesus through Royal Caribbean - $228
  • Mykonos, Greece- Ancient Delos and Mosaics Workshop through Royal Caribbean - $378 (less costly options out there through Royal, Viator, and Get your Guide without the mosaic workshop)
  • Naples, Italy- Best of Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii small group through Royal Caribbean - $695 ( I still get a tear in my eye when I look at the price 😂

We arrive in Rome the Thursday before we set sail for two reasons - 1) We were burned last summer with flight cancelations, so I had to factor in padding for my own sanity 2) It's Rome, so a win, win situation! We decided to go with an Airbnb so we have a small kitchen, space to spread out, and a washing machine.

While in Rome, I have the following tours booked:

This has become a bit of a book... but....

As soon as I could grab reservations (30 days out from our sail date), I booked the Solarium Bistro for two nights (free) and RipCord iFly reservations for the kids ($58). I may cancel the iFly if I can snag spots on embarkation day. 

I find the blog posts and message boards on here super valuable and it helped tremendously with planning. I also am addicted to all things Rick Steves and have gained a lot of valuable insights from watching his old PBS programs and reading his guidebooks and blog posts.  

Happy planning!!! 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Jul 2, 2023 - Jul 9, 2023 (7 Night Greek Isles Cruise)