xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - Mar 9, 2023 - Mar 21, 2023 (12 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)

JC Pats

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Symphony of the Seas - Mar 9, 2023 - Mar 21, 2023 (12 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...

Besides the pricing we've got really great scheduling! This transatlantic is a month ahead of the typical mid-April repositioning so we'll still escape some chilly US weather and get to Barcelona (or wherever you're headed) before the Spring tourist upsurge. Spent the last week of March 2022 in Barcelona awaiting an Azamara cruise--bargain hotels, modest tourist lines and great weather, but chilly after sunset. Highly recommend a post-cruise stay--Barcelona is great! Looking forward to upgraded internet via Starlink--will hopefully test it out in 2 weeks aboard Rhapsody. Notice Symphony is out of service for a month after our cruise--that means lots of crew will be finishing up contracts and/or moving to new RCL assignments. Don't know whether this is + or - for us as have never experienced before. Hope you all caught those great BlackFriday deals on beverages and internet.  Looking forward to making new friends (hopefully neighbors from Maryland) and many sunny days viewing flying fish on our South Atlantic transit!

Responding to GLTA's Q about theme&formal nite schedule, the Cruise Compass for Allure's (a sister Oasis ship) transatlantic March 1, 2020 cruise may give a good hint. RCL event schedules tend to be relatively cloned for identical cruises in a ship class.  No other recent eastbound transatlantic Cruise Compasses for Oasis class ships are posted. I was checking it for probable weather. The Allure's temps were 70's for first six days out of Miami (high 77 on days 3&4). Winds steady out of the East 10-15K so that would mean a substantial relative wind on the open decks. Day 7 was a high of 66 and then gradually declining to 62 last few days. Winds shifted southerly 15K, then East again around Spain for last 3 days. We're cruising 8 days later than the Allure so maybe add 1 or 2 degrees for our likely temperatures.  Even so, plan on bundling up for open decks in that 25-30Knot headwind! If your balcony, GLTA, is starboard side close behind one of the bump-out sections you should in the best possible location wind&sun-wise aside from the stern facing cabins.

My husband and I will be joining you for our first cruise with Royal Carribbean. We are very excited about this one because all we have seen and read about Royal Carribbean and this ship‘s class looks amazing. 

We are experienced cruisers but so far only on smaller ships. Everything the Oasis class has to offer looks so promising. We can’t wait. 

So I was about to book this cruise but when I saw the above post we have probably decided against it.  It does say "it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision." How will they even know you took it within the 2 days? 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#transatlantic

For Transatlantic and Transpacific Cruises

All guests age 2 and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Guests under age 2 do not have any testing requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked this trip while out on Radiance this last week. DW has always wanted to do a TA. I had seen the prices on this and it was similar to one way airfare. We will  cruise over to Spain then fly up to Scotland for a week to do some family history site seeing. Looking forward to being back on Oasis class after sailing on the Oasis back in 2015. 

We will be traveling also with my Mom and her sister so a nice family getaway. Look forward to meeting folks onboard. 

Yes we're coming. This will be our first TA. I've been to Barcelona last summer but hoping to have a new adventure. Hubby and I will stay in Barcelona for 2 days. Viator tours were set up. Then fly to Belgium and tour the country for 3 days. Then bus trip to Amsterdam for 2 days stay. Then train to Germany for 3 days stay. Then fly back to US. I'm so excited, 45 more days to go! See you all on March 9,2023.

Hi there, 

Nice to connect with everyone🙂 We are excited! We will be travelling with our 5 kiddos ages 1-10. We were fortunate to catch the cruise on the Spring Break (Canada) and are hoping there will some other children as well onboard. Also, two of the kiddos are Celiac... I emailed but haven't had a response. Do they typically respond or just make a request/note on the reservation? 

Take care. 

On 1/26/2023 at 11:43 PM, Loo said:

Hi there, 

Nice to connect with everyone🙂 We are excited! We will be travelling with our 5 kiddos ages 1-10. We were fortunate to catch the cruise on the Spring Break (Canada) and are hoping there will some other children as well onboard. Also, two of the kiddos are Celiac... I emailed but haven't had a response. Do they typically respond or just make a request/note on the reservation? 

Take care. 

Did you requested via https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs ?

On this website is a phone number as well in case they won't respond.

Valencia Tour

Since most tours are booked up on the ship, we are trying to get the minimum guest requirement for spaindaytours in Valencia if you care to join us.

If anyone else is interested in sharing a small-group tour from Valencia, it is only 59 Euros per person - which is an excellent price!! We need a minimum of 14 persons to guarantee the tour.

Details
4 hour tour.  Meeting time: 11:45 am – 11:59 am  Departure from port: 12:00 pm

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the Valencia port

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - 100% in time for departure

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van

* Touring with a driver + English speaking guide

* High quality and personal experience

The price includes, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, driver and guide, and all taxes.  You will have time to explore the places and take photos.  On the half-day excursion we will explore Valencia - including the famous Cathedral which stands at a site of a former mosque, La Lonja which was declared a Unesco world heritage site, the Basilica of our lady, the central market (one of Europe's largest markets), and the 'Palacio Marques de Dos Aguas'. 

Im sure everyone has heard by now buy for those that have not.... It looks like you will be able to use the Wow watches/bands on board again...atleast on the Symphony.   It also looks like the old watches, if you still have any, will work. You just have to get guest services to re-program It with your current cruise info.  Or pay $5.99 to buy a new one...if you like those over the sea pass cards.   Only a few more weeks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question....from reading the information on their website and some research.....it is my understanding you can provide a photo or the actual test stick showing the results if you chose not to complete a proctorred test. But that is my understanding, hopefully someone else here will have more definitive information or prior experience.

The Facebook Group for this cruise currently totals 845 members and more are joining every day. This is reportedly a possible record group size for a single cruise--apparently, we are an extremely social group.   Most of the recent questions posed here are answered extensively in the Facebook postings. Check it out for fuller answers to questions about covid tests, shore excursions, shipboard events, etc.  Many knowledgeable veterans of prior TA's, Symphony cruises and even crewmembers are in this group.

My wife and I will be on the TA cruise to Spain, booked in November, shortly after the price doubled.  We are Diamond members now, finally, and for the 1st time we got the Royal Up program to kick in, went from a Grand Suite to the Star Loft,,,,,can't believe we jumped about 4 room classes.  Still expensive on RoyalUp but it did save in total cost and its going to be a once in a lifetime deal, don't ever see us doing a Star Loft twice in our life.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:35 PM, LuvDaCruise said:

So I was about to book this cruise but when I saw the above post we have probably decided against it.  It does say "it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision." How will they even know you took it within the 2 days? 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#transatlantic

For Transatlantic and Transpacific Cruises

All guests age 2 and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Guests under age 2 do not have any testing requirements.

Its the honor system for the testing.   Super easy to do the test and take a picture or just bring the plastic tray test result with you to the check in, easy breezy, not a hassle or a problem.  The vast majority of cruise have zero testing, so a honor system testing will likely be 80% effective or better at catching COVID before it gets on the ship, far better than any other cruise you take through the Caribbean i think. Just my opinion.