Changing from oasis to freedom

Hi everyone,

Just found out my daughter will be singing with her hs choir at the candlelight processional at epcot in december. With an extra trip and a new water heater getting put in tomorrow (no hot water is no fun!) We figured we were paying an awful lot for a balcony on oasis. So for almost half the price we will be on an outside view on freedom. Ive been on freedom once before and loved it, but had gotten excited about oasis. Everyone remind me what they love about freedom!! Also what is the best things about grand caymon (so sad about giving up the labadoozies!) Jane

Cayman is a favorite for our family.  7 mile beach is world class.  Stingray City is a lot of fun.  Shopping is good.  One hint would be the party boats to Stingray City are usually very crowded.  We have arranged small boat trips on the island outside of the cruise line.  I think there is a Diver Down there that you could contact.  If they can't do it, they will know someone who can.  

Hi everyone,

Just found out my daughter will be singing with her hs choir at the candlelight processional at epcot in december.

I can't make any comments about Freedom yet, but I wanted to say congratulations on the performance opportunity for your daughter! That's awesome!  :D

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I can't make any comments about Freedom yet, but I wanted to say congratulations on the performance opportunity for your daughter! That's awesome!  :D

It's my favorite place in the world, and I can't wait to watch her!  She is more excited about hitting 5 parks (4 Disney and universal) in 5 days than she is singing lol! 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Thanks Matt---I still can't visualize where that St. Tropez area is, but I will totally look.  And I'm am absolutely going to try the heliopad for sail away, if it's not too cold that day!

13 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Love the Freedom Class.  Ironically, we have been on all except the Freedom but will sail on her this Thanksgiving.  Had a buddy just get off the Freedom this past Sunday on a 8 night and said everything was perfect.

Good to hear for sure!!  I have been on 3 royal cruises, and they have all been awesome...even adventure pre-refurb.

19 hours ago, arebee said:

I love the Freedom, big but not too big.  I've been on her a few times..  Wondering, couldn't you drop to a window on Oasis?

We could have, but Freedom was such a deal that even dropping down to window on Oasis wouldn't come close. There wasn't a huge difference btw window and balcony like on other boats...we could have saved going balcony in a neighborhood but everything started feeling just too much.   We are saving almost 1/2 of the oasis cost by going with freedom instead.  That will buy a drink pkg and a couple plane tickets.... 

Thanks everyone---super excited to go :)  jane

16 hours ago, RCVoyager said:

Cayman is a favorite for our family.  7 mile beach is world class.  Stingray City is a lot of fun.  Shopping is good.  One hint would be the party boats to Stingray City are usually very crowded.  We have arranged small boat trips on the island outside of the cruise line.  I think there is a Diver Down there that you could contact.  If they can't do it, they will know someone who can.  

I have heard lots about 7 mile beach....looks beautiful. 

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Thanks Matt---I still can't visualize where that St. Tropez area is, but I will totally look.  And I'm am absolutely going to try the heliopad for sail away, if it's not too cold that day!

I will never forget the St. Tropez area because one morning I grabbed a coffee at Cafe Promenade and went to deck 12. I saw the stairs and climbed them. I caught my flip flop on the top step, and I did an endo, but I didn't spill any coffee! There's a security camera on a pole there, and I wondered if anyone saw it. It was embarrassing nonetheless.

Its easy to miss, but it is above the Panoramic OV rooms, and I haven't seen it on any deck plans including RC's site...it's Deck 13 forward, so the deck number may be the reason why I tripped...

1 hour ago, Spiegeje said:

Its easy to miss, but it is above the Panoramic OV rooms, and I haven't seen it on any deck plans including RC's site...it's Deck 13 forward, so the deck number may be the reason why I tripped...

Totally forgot about that deck.  Massive, and only a handful of people up there.  Kind of windy, but great for laying out, or practicing guitar...or tripping.