How to reorder if price has dropped?

Cruiser70

No, you should be able to cancel individual items even when ordered with other items in the same transaction.  A beverage package shouldn't let you buy the same item again (2 per same person) so you have to cancel the initial order first.  You should be able to do it under the order history, then expand the details of the transaction with the item you want to cancel, and there should be a cancel link at the bottom next to the picture of the item.

be advised though if you are having trouble cancelling your beverage package, you will have to call for assistance -- i can't cancel my pre-existing water package and had to call for help. rather than waiting in line for 120 minutes, i opted to get the call back. let's see what happens!!

also many folks have done similar and found out that once they canceled their earlier package, by the time taxes and gratuities were added in, they would have been better off staying with their previous purchase. so just be advised! 😅

I had booked the Classic Soda Package for my daughter, but decided to change to the Refreshment Package when the deals came out. My sister was able to cancel hers and re-book the better price. I kept getting an error message that the cancellation failed. I was able to book the Refreshment Package for my daughter, but I'm still being charged the Soda Package. I waited 2 hours on the phone and the best they could tell me was there is a technical issue and to try to cancel the soda package in a couple days. I'm only 20 days until my sailing, so I'm hoping this technical issue gets resolved soon. I don't want to pay for both packages for my daughter. We'll see what happens.  

Edited by Scarlett625
typo

4 hours ago, Scarlett625 said:

I had booked the Classic Soda Package for my daughter, but decided to change to the Refreshment Package when the deals came out. My sister was able to cancel hers and re-book the better price. I kept getting an error message that the cancellation failed. I was able to book the Refreshment Package for my daughter, but I'm still being charged the Soda Package. I waited 2 hours on the phone and the best they could tell me was there is a technical issue and to try to cancel the soda package in a couple days. I'm only 20 days until my sailing, so I'm hoping this technical issue gets resolved soon. I don't want to pay for both packages for my daughter. We'll see what happens.  

In a worst case scenario, if you can't get it sorted before you sail, you can go straight to guest services when you board and get them to cancel it for you. The cost will post as credit to your onboard account so you can recoup it that way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 6:21 PM, FionaMG said:

In a worst case scenario, if you can't get it sorted before you sail, you can go straight to guest services when you board and get them to cancel it for you. The cost will post as credit to your onboard account so you can recoup it that way.

I was finally able to get it canceled. It took 4 calls to Royal, but finally a lovely customer service agent named Stephanie was able to get it canceled and I see the refund on my credit card now. Many thanks to Stephanie!!!

41 minutes ago, Scarlett625 said:

I was finally able to get it canceled. It took 4 calls to Royal, but finally a lovely customer service agent named Stephanie was able to get it canceled and I see the refund on my credit card now. Many thanks to Stephanie!!!

Excellent news! Thanks for coming back to let us know.

I'm guessing you must be in full packing mode by now? Have a wonderful time on your cruise. 😊