Is lobster in MDR same as formal attire night?

ElmoHongZito

17 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

Checking in today. Formal attire night is Day 2. Is that the same night they serve lobster in the MDR? 

Lobster night is usually on the 2nd sea day, close to the end of the cruise.  But Royal always switches things around.  Lobster night is often done on Formal/Dress Your Best/Dress to Impress night, which I don't like because who likes working on a lobster tail in a fancy suit. lol

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Lobster night is usually on the 2nd sea day, close to the end of the cruise.  But Royal always switches things around.  Lobster night is often done on Formal/Dress Your Best/Dress to Impress night, which I don't like because who likes working on a lobster tail in a fancy suit. lol

Thanks. No suit here. I’m going in full relax mode. Maybe I throw on a sports blazer but its jeans and casual sneakers for me. 

On 11/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, twangster said:

Just got off a 6 night that only had one "Dress Your Best" night on day two.  Lobster was on the MDR menu for a casual night on a port day, day 5.  The day 6 sea day dinner menu was just another MDR menu with normal MDR entrees.   

That's so goofy.  Do you think it has any connection to being able to supply?  Though that doesn't make sense if they are going to Maine lobster.  I will have to spend more time with the app.  Does the menu show up under dining or daily planner?  With the potential of the classics going away, I want to make sure we like the featured menu items or will just windjammer that evening.  Jane

11 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

That's so goofy.  Do you think it has any connection to being able to supply?  Though that doesn't make sense if they are going to Maine lobster.  I will have to spend more time with the app.  With the potential of the classics going away, I want to make sure we like the featured menu items or will just windjammer that evening.  Jane

Jewel didn't offer Maine lobster but it is the second cruise where lobster was on a port day and not a dress up night.  Mariner did the same thing on an 8 night cruise with lobster on the day we were in San Juan until 8pm. 

I think they are trying to catch people off guard so they miss lobster night. 

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Jewel didn't offer Maine lobster but it is the second cruise where lobster was on a port day and not a dress up night.  Mariner did the same thing on an 8 night cruise with lobster on the day we were in San Juan until 8pm. 

Cheaper that way.  I just edited to ask another question but missed you... Is the mdr  menu showing up under dining or in the daily planner in the app?  I think I'm too far out to see but I'm very curious about new year's Eve.  Jane

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Don’t think so. I am on day 2 pf Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean right now and just looked at it. Lobster night is day 6 while at sea and its dress to impress night. 

42 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Cheaper that way.  I just edited to ask another question but missed you... Is the mdr  menu showing up under dining or in the daily planner in the app?  I think I'm too far out to see but I'm very curious about new year's Eve.  Jane

I normally tap "Dining" at the bottom, then "Main Dining".   Then I pick a dining room and there is a "menu" link.  That worked last week while on board but it isn't working for my next cruise in December.  It is working for a cruise next summer, not that I expect they have the menu actually set for that cruise yet but it tells me they are sometimes not allowing us to see the menu on select cruises. 

On that future cruise they have only show the MDR open on days 1 to 7, after that the MDR is showing closed for the rest of the 12 night cruise, so they likely did a copy/paste from a 7 night cruise as a template.