Vision of the Seas

I'm debating going on a June cruise aboard Vision of the Seas.  As someone who has only gone on the larger boats (Ovation, Allure, Oasis, etc). - I'm wondering how difference the experience will be and wondering what folks experiences have been?  I expect that the dining room and the overall look and feel would be similar but is the smaller boat and fewer amenities something that is very, very stark to folks?  It's a 9 night cruise and I have a family of 5 (me, wife and three kids).

Just wondering if the kids will be expecting something and it will be dramatically different than what they expect.

3 hours ago, HeelThatCruises said:

I'm debating going on a June cruise aboard Vision of the Seas.  As someone who has only gone on the larger boats (Ovation, Allure, Oasis, etc). - I'm wondering how difference the experience will be and wondering what folks experiences have been?  I expect that the dining room and the overall look and feel would be similar but is the smaller boat and fewer amenities something that is very, very stark to folks?  It's a 9 night cruise and I have a family of 5 (me, wife and three kids).

Just wondering if the kids will be expecting something and it will be dramatically different than what they expect.

We have the opposite of your situation, having only been on smaller ships (Vision included), and now will be taking our first trip on Allure in Feb (this is our first that my husband and I are paying for ourselves…in the past it was always with my family and my dad has an odd hang-up about being on a ship over 100,000 GT).

I really enjoyed our Vision cruise. Parts of the decor were a little dated in terms of style and color palettes used, but that wasn’t a big deal to us. My niece and nephew were 13 and 17 at the time, and judging by the fact that we hardly ever saw them as they were always off running around and doing their own activities, I think they enjoyed it as well. We ate at MDR, buffet, and a couple different specialty restaurants—never felt we were lacking in choices.  A lot of it also probably comes down to ports of call as well. Are any of the ports that you will be visiting unique to Vision, and would you not even have the opportunity to visit them on a larger ship?

Just my two cents on the matter. Best of luck to you in choosing what’s best for you and your family 🙂

We watch a lot of YouTube vacation vlogs and have always found they have really helped us get the feel of a ship or resort. Tours are good too, but the vlogs bring another dimension to the experience (if done well). It can help choose cabins, and pick up other tips to make the experience better as well.