Voom and Surf and Stream

Cruiser70

Good Morning

I saw on the website this morning which as of now it is not show the internet packages. There was a Surf and Stream with Voom. What is the difference if you get the package using 

2 devices in stead of getting two separate packages one for me and one for my husband. It is cheaper just adding another device.

Thanks

The web site is horrific as of now.  

Voom Surf and stream for me was $14.99/day on sale.  When I tried to add another device, it was supposed to be $11.99/day.  But the website adds the second device at $16.99/day.  So I just booked 2 separate Surf and Stream packages for Mrs Fan and myself.  I hope it will be fixed later today or tomorrow.  If so, I will cancel and reorder.

So as of this point with the glitches on the Website, it is cheaper to order two separate packages rather than one package with two devices.

noticed this too, @FSUFAN. figured we'd wait another day or two to get it sorted and if worst comes to worst, go old school and purchase on board on day two so we're not paying for something we technically don't need (since we usually have service the first day anyway for a bit).

we'll get a small discount with our diamond C+A perk so maybe that will help offset the price too.

4 hours ago, Cruiser70 said:

Good Morning

I saw on the website this morning which as of now it is not show the internet packages. There was a Surf and Stream with Voom. What is the difference if you get the package using 

2 devices in stead of getting two separate packages one for me and one for my husband. It is cheaper just adding another device.

Thanks

If it's cheaper to get just one 2-device package for the both of you, then go for that.  When you activate this package, you will create a login name and a 4-digit passcode which you will use for both devices.  You can use the same login name and passcode on any devices that you have as long as there are only 2 devices logged on at the same time.  

If you purchase 1-device package for each of you, then you will create separate login names and passcodes.

We got the Voom Surf & Stream on sale this week for our Dec cruise. We've never had it before, figured now is the time to try it when it's this cheap. I see you can do texting on WhatsApps and it says Video Calls. Can you only use WhatApps (or similar app) for texting/calling? Or can I use my regular iphone iMessage text/calls when airplane mode is on and connected to ship wifi? We need to be able to touch base with some family at home so would like to know what is suggested for that. 

23 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

We got the Voom Surf & Stream on sale this week for our Dec cruise. We've never had it before, figured now is the time to try it when it's this cheap. I see you can do texting on WhatsApps and it says Video Calls. Can you only use WhatApps (or similar app) for texting/calling? Or can I use my regular iphone iMessage text/calls when airplane mode is on and connected to ship wifi? We need to be able to touch base with some family at home so would like to know what is suggested for that. 

You *can* use your regular messaging and calling. I had trouble with my usual messaging app (I think I use Google's app not the Samsung one my phone came with...). My experience was that WhatsApp messages and calls went through quickly and my other messaging/calling was spotty. Sometimes messages wouldn't go through at all, and sometimes they were slow (hours later). I'd suggest getting WhatsApp set up and working before you get on the ship in case it ends up being the better option. You can always just delete it if your usual process ends up working out well and you don't need it. I was the only one in my party who used it before the cruise but my husband and kids quickly got it set up on the ship once we realized that our typical messages weren't working that well. 

15 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

I have always been able to text, call with my iPhone with the surf and stream.  
I also FaceTime my daughter however the FaceTime and the WhatsApp face to face can be glitchy. Sometimes one might work better than the other this is after 11pm.

I've noticed that voom surf appears to be gone from cruise planner this weekend. I suspect it's because of the starlink upgrade.

Regardless,  on several of my cruises, surf and stream is cheaper than what I had for just surfing. So I rebooted and saved a little bit for a better product. 

29 minutes ago, steverk said:

I've noticed that voom surf appears to be gone from cruise planner this weekend. I suspect it's because of the starlink upgrade.

Regardless,  on several of my cruises, surf and stream is cheaper than what I had for just surfing. So I rebooted and saved a little bit for a better product. 

Probably removed Surf packages in preparation for the massive price drop of Surf & Stream now there internet costs have been slashed substantially  🙂

Hello There, The topic is related to my question so I just ask on this post. I will get some Internet access which I think only Surf with my Diamond status. My question is can I upgrade to Surf and stream at additional cost? If the answer is "Yes". Anyone did it and how much you paid for extra?

1 hour ago, Brett_FL said:

I guess they no longer offer the Voom with the ultimate drink package.   I’m looking but do not see it but the app and web sight isn’t letting me book anything at all.  I just hope it starts working before the prices go up. 

Is there a difference between the Deluxe and the Ultimate drink package? I'm seeing the Deluxe + Voom in my planner. If the website isn't working, you can try the app for drink packages (this is under drinks). BUT, it doesn't seem like the best price. Buying them separately should save you about $10 per day with the Voom discount right now. 

2022-11-22.png

26 minutes ago, Susie said:

Hello There, The topic is related to my question so I just ask on this post. I will get some Internet access which I think only Surf with my Diamond status. My question is can I upgrade to Surf and stream at additional cost? If the answer is "Yes". Anyone did it and how much you paid for extra?

There is a floating theory that Surf is being discontinued due to the shift to Starlink.

20 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Is there a difference between the Deluxe and the Ultimate drink package? I'm seeing the Deluxe + Voom in my planner. If the website isn't working, you can try the app for drink packages (this is under drinks). BUT, it doesn't seem like the best price. Buying them separately should save you about $10 per day with the Voom discount right now. 

2022-11-22.png

I don't think there has been an ultimate (possibly called that on other lines) drink package, it says deluxe and has since I started with Royal in 2018. 

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't think there has been an ultimate (possibly called that on other lines) drink package, it says deluxe and has since I started with Royal in 2018. 

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I maybe called it the wrong thing I’m just not seeing any offer for an alcohol drink package with Internet.  There is one for sodas.   I went ahead and picked up the Key which includes Internet for $20.99/day. The DBP is currently $77.99 / per guest per day

32 minutes ago, Brett_FL said:

I maybe called it the wrong thing I’m just not seeing any offer for an alcohol drink package with Internet.  There is one for sodas.   I went ahead and picked up the Key which includes Internet for $20.99/day. The DBP is currently $77.99 / per guest per day

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about what you called it - I legitimately didn't know if there was another package. I don't drink alcohol so have no idea about those packages, just what I can see in my planner.

The key for $20.99/day seems like a great deal! The DBT is about that price in mine also, with a $20 jump to add Voom as a package. The Voom on it's own seems to be in the $11.99-13.99 range for this sale. So you save money buying them separately. YOU are actually getting all the perks of the key for around the same price you would have gotten the DBP + Voom combo! 

2 hours ago, Susie said:

My experience, Voom only can be upgraded onboard to surf and stream at the cost of $5 per day.  I have purhcased Voom for cheaper than online and have been able to use my existing free D+ day value (approx $59) to cover the cost of the upgrade from Voom to Surf and Stream-this was done onboard with the Voomdesk.
Lately I have noticed during this sale that most of my purhcases of Voom only are no longer available and the ships are offering surf/stream-at $13.99 for the first device.  This is cheaper than the Voom only that was being offered recently (it was typically $14.99 and up on the sailings I have booked).