How to book free kids on dining packages

Luly

I’m looking at getting the 3 night dining package on our upcoming vision of the seas 10 night cruise. I was really hoping the price would go down for Black Friday, but unfortunately the price remains the same ($95). My questions:

I have a 4 year old who would be free, but the system doesn’t seem to know that and charges her at the child’s price. How do I go about booking her so she has a reservation at the table without paying for her? Can I just book 5 out of the 6 of us then tell them to add her at embarkation when I make the remaining reservations?

Also, any feedback if that’s a good price for this package on this small ship?

I have a 12 year old who would probably prefer a petite filet over the kids steak at chops. And a 7 year old who would rather have shrimp over chicken tenders at Giovanni’s. Can they order off the adult menu? 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Luly said:

Can I just book 5 out of the 6 of us then tell them to add her at embarkation when I make the remaining reservations?

Yes, on embarkation day, just go to the Chops host stand, and say "our 5-top is actually a 6-top with a child" and they'll ensure you're seated at a table of appropriate size. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Luly said:

I have a 12 year old who would probably prefer a petite filet over the kids steak at chops. And a 7 year old who would rather have shrimp over chicken tenders at Giovanni’s. Can they order off the adult menu? 

We didn't test this our our cruise with the kids, but i've heard that it's possible to order adult entrees for children. No guarantees.  Others may have more accurate input.