xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas - Jun 20, 2023 - Jun 24, 2023 (4 Night Canada Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Liberty of the Seas - Jun 20, 2023 - Jun 24, 2023 (4 Night Canada Cruise)
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, letscruise said:

Yes!  Just booked this cruise and getting excited for it!  What are you planning to do while in Halifax?  I'm leaning towards the simplicity of the Hop On Hop Off option.  

Same here or just do things within walking distance. Booked on the cheap, and saving up for a big 2024 cruise!

On 11/27/2022 at 7:48 PM, sleepy425 said:

Just got off Anthem and ended up at the Next Cruise desk...ended up booking this as a special mom/sons cruise (my husband booked Liberty to Bermuda in Sept for a dad/daughters cruise).  I'm looking forward to getting to relax, the boys will be 11 and 13 and can fend for themselves while I read in peace.

Too funny!  This is a mom/son (13) cruise for us as well!  

On 1/17/2023 at 8:37 AM, sleepy425 said:

I keep going back and forth if I'm going to book a Peggy's Cove tour.  

I ended up booking a Peggy's Cove tour (one of the shorter ones) to lock in an excursion.  I was going to stick with Hop On Hop Off, but so many of the comments are about wait times and full buses and I don't really want to deal with that on this trip when we only have 1 port day.  I'm getting excited as I also purchased dining and drink/internet packages.   Not much else to do, but wait.  

10 hours ago, letscruise said:

I ended up booking a Peggy's Cove tour (one of the shorter ones) to lock in an excursion.  I was going to stick with Hop On Hop Off, but so many of the comments are about wait times and full buses and I don't really want to deal with that on this trip when we only have 1 port day.  I'm getting excited as I also purchased dining and drink/internet packages.   Not much else to do, but wait.  

150 days to go! We are excited to try Sabor and Giovani’s!

The price of the Peggy's Cove tour went up before I decided to book, so I figured I would skip it.  But then I saw it was still in my cart under the old price, so I booked.  It still gives us the afternoon near the port to just walk around, so it should be a good day.

Anyone know how Johnny Rockets is for pricing?  Anthem was pay for what you wanted (I think...I admit I didn't actually get anything), but I know other ships are a set price.  I figure since we have never done it in all of the kids' cruises (I used to do it ALL THE TIME when I was a kid and it was free), maybe this time we will actually take the time to stop by.

https://mommymouseclubhouse.com/royal-caribbean-johnny-rockets-menu/#:~:text=Johnny Rockets Lunch %26 Dinner Menu&text=For %2414.99 you can choose,a drink%2C and a dessert.

I found the above article that states lunch and dinner are $14.99, breakfast is free.  We've never tried breakfast at Johnny Rockets, so I hope to remember to try it out!  

On 1/23/2023 at 3:29 PM, letscruise said:

https://mommymouseclubhouse.com/royal-caribbean-johnny-rockets-menu/#:~:text=Johnny Rockets Lunch %26 Dinner Menu&text=For %2414.99 you can choose,a drink%2C and a dessert.

I found the above article that states lunch and dinner are $14.99, breakfast is free.  We've never tried breakfast at Johnny Rockets, so I hope to remember to try it out!  

Bummer, for that price we will be skipping it.  

Is Johnny Rockets free on Liberty of the Seas?

No, Johnny Rockets has a cover charge for admission to the restaurant.

It costs $9.95 per guest to enjoy unlimited food from the Johnny Rockets menu.  Beverages cost extra. SomIm really confused now for pricing than what is listed above in the other post

• 1 month later...

My fiance and I will be on this cruise and starting our honeymoon.  Getting married the 17th. I'm so excited for this one because We've never been on Liberty or to Halifax. This is the beginning of our b2b2b2. We will be on Liberty until July 8. 🙂

• 1 month later...

My family of 3 just hopped on this itinerary! We'll be in an interior guarantee, oh boy! It will be the first time in an interior room for us. We figured the 4 day sailing would would be a good chance for us to see if we can survive in an interior.

We're pretty excited to be heading up to Halifax. This will be our first Canadian cruise.

On 5/4/2023 at 8:09 PM, letscruise said:

Hi fellow cruisers!  We're getting closer and closer!  Are you ready?  We did a guarantee room, so still waiting for our cabin assignment.  Check-in is this weekend.....exciting!  

Did you check in? Have you tried the bar code trick with your setsail pass to see your (probable) room assignment? How'd you do?

On 5/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, RoyalGreg said:

Did you check in? Have you tried the bar code trick with your setsail pass to see your (probable) room assignment? How'd you do?

Hmmmm, I'm not aware of this trick!  Are you able to share the secret?  Did you do okay?  

35 minutes ago, letscruise said:

I Googled the trick and mine still says -GTY, but I'll continue checking.  Did yours come up with a number yet?  

There's a lot of info in the RC blog. I think you can either add the setsail pass to an Apple Wallet (if you're an iphone user), or you can scan the barcode of the setsail pass with a QR code reader app.

We scanned our setsail with a QR reader, and the last four digits of the bar code does correspond to an internal room on the Liberty (we did book an internal guarantee). So assuming that will be our room, we didn't get an upgrade, but at least I think we're in a decent location on deck 9 near the forward elevators.

Good luck!

When bidding opened up I did low bids for the one and two bedroom  grand suites.  We can't normally try Royal Up because I have 4 kids and book two rooms.  I figured since I'm only bringing two kids this time, I may as well take a gamble and see what happens.  Anyone else put a bid in?

14 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

I did the barcode trick and can see which balcony room I was assigned.  Got my 11:00 check in time, scanned all the passports, now I just need to make myself look presentable one day so I can do pics.

I just tried again, and I'm still getting the - GTY.  I'm booked for GTY balcony, so maybe there is still enough movement with RoyalUp that some rooms are still in flux.  Oh well, I should know within the next 42 days!  🙂 Good luck on the Grand Suite bids!!  Let us know if you are successful.  

14 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

When bidding opened up I did low bids for the one and two bedroom  grand suites.  We can't normally try Royal Up because I have 4 kids and book two rooms.  I figured since I'm only bringing two kids this time, I may as well take a gamble and see what happens.  Anyone else put a bid in?

We're just interior guarantee, so the best room we were given to bid on was a standard balcony (no suites).

We did put in bids on the spacious interior and spacious ocean views (basically at the minimum).

25 minutes ago, letscruise said:

I just tried again, and I'm still getting the - GTY.  I'm booked for GTY balcony, so maybe there is still enough movement with RoyalUp that some rooms are still in flux.  Oh well, I should know within the next 42 days!  🙂 Good luck on the Grand Suite bids!!  Let us know if you are successful.  

Our SetSail pass still just says "GTY," however, the bar code scanner translated the barcode on the setsail pass to a string of numbers. Supposedly the last 4 digits will be the room number.

Certainly it will show up on your account sooner or later as well. Patience is a virtue :⁠-⁠)

56 minutes ago, RoyalGreg said:

Just to update, our room assignment is now official. The room was assigned on 5/20 or 5/21. I can also confirm that the room assigned is the same room that showed up using the barcode reader on the SetSail pass.

Hope you all are doing well.

Hi!  I have continued to check and just scanned again and the last 4 digit number that I see doesn't correspond to a room that's listed on the deck plan.  We're in a GTY balcony, and I'm still receiving the option to do a RoyalUp, so perhaps there is still movement in the balcony category.  That said, new travel docs were posted and I'm able to print off luggage tags, so this trip is quickly becoming a reality.  

I have been back and forth on the deluxe drink package, but just caved and bought it.  We've always had the package, but I was really on the fence this time.  At the end of the day, I just can't get past paying for every soda or water bottle or latte that I may want on top of a few alcoholic drinks each day and with dinner.  

What has everyone else purchased in the cruise planner?  I also have purchased Chops+1 and a Peggy's Cove excursion.  

Turns out this will be an anniversary cruise for my wife and I. We actually have another, longer "anniversary" cruise that we booked more than a year ago for later this summer. We've been planning that one for a while. However when we found out schools were getting out earlier than expected (no snow days), we booked this one for ourselves and our 7 year old son. Funny thing is that Friday night (the second sea day) will be the actual date of our 10th anniversary. We reserved chef's table for that night, and DS will definitely be in the kid's club.

Between the included wine at chef's table, the 2 bottles that we'll bring onboard, and doing some beer tasting at one (or more) of the breweries in Halifax, we figure we'll be ok just paying per drink.

In Halifax we plan to rent a car to drive out to Peggy's Cove or Lunenburg. Possibly we'll also travel over to the East side and visit Fisherman's Cove. We'll drop the car off before hitting the breweries.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:44 PM, letscruise said:

Yes!  Just booked this cruise and getting excited for it!  What are you planning to do while in Halifax?  I'm leaning towards the simplicity of the Hop On Hop Off option.  

You will have a blast... Typically in Halifax, we get off and explore the town... Salty's on the waterfront is a fabulous seafood restaurant.  The Bicycle Thief is a great restaurant close to the port.  The Citadel is worth the hike up the hill.  There is so much to see and do in town, that we avoid doing any tours which consume much of the day.  The Peggy's Cove tour only allows you about an hour at the location (no time for lunch) and you spend the rest of the time on a coach...  Just our two-cents...

On 5/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, RoyalGreg said:

Turns out this will be an anniversary cruise for my wife and I. We actually have another, longer "anniversary" cruise that we booked more than a year ago for later this summer. We've been planning that one for a while. However when we found out schools were getting out earlier than expected (no snow days), we booked this one for ourselves and our 7 year old son. Funny thing is that Friday night (the second sea day) will be the actual date of our 10th anniversary. We reserved chef's table for that night, and DS will definitely be in the kid's club.

Between the included wine at chef's table, the 2 bottles that we'll bring onboard, and doing some beer tasting at one (or more) of the breweries in Halifax, we figure we'll be ok just paying per drink.

In Halifax we plan to rent a car to drive out to Peggy's Cove or Lunenburg. Possibly we'll also travel over to the East side and visit Fisherman's Cove. We'll drop the car off before hitting the breweries.

What brewery(ies) do you plan to visit?  I would love to hit at least one...I read on the FB group for our cruise there is a brewery close to the port area, but the poster didn't remember the name, so I may try to find that one on the way back from our excursion.  

Congratulations on reaching your 10 year anniversary!  What a great (and unplanned!) way to spend your special day!!  

1 hour ago, letscruise said:

What brewery(ies) do you plan to visit?  I would love to hit at least one...I read on the FB group for our cruise there is a brewery close to the port area, but the poster didn't remember the name, so I may try to find that one on the way back from our excursion.  

Congratulations on reaching your 10 year anniversary!  What a great (and unplanned!) way to spend your special day!!  

Thanks for the well wishes! Cruising has a special place in our hearts, because I actually proposed on a cruise a little more than 11 years ago. Then life happened, and then life paused for a while, and finally we took our first cruise since then (this time with our son) just this past fall. 

Garrison Brewery is right in the harbor walk area, and Alexander Keith (originally from the 1800s, I think) is just a bit further away.

There are a few other good options up around the citadel: Propeller and 2 Crows.

We booked this cruise in September of 2022 as the fact of inflation from the wonderful policies of the current administration made doing the XMas cruise last Dec 22 on Anthem un doable.  So as a graduation present for our son and a family vacay we booked this, my wife and I honeymooned in NS in Oct 96 on Cape Breton.  Will be nice to go back and see any changes. We are going to do the Hop o. Hop Off.

I finally received my GTY balcony stateroom assignment this morning!  I was wondering how close to the sail date it would be until we knew.  I think we did well, we're on deck 8, mid-ship, and a short walk to the elevators.  I've only ever flown and sailed from Florida, so Bayonne will be a new experience.  It's also a dry run as we are sailing Anthem in December, and I'll appreciate having the process of NJ under my belt.  

I'd be happy to meet up and say hi in person; this is my first time participating in a roll call thread, actually!  Hopefully others from up thread come back to read and express interest!