When to book a Miami hotel?

mike2608

16 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I book as soon as I can and if price changes...I call and get the lower price...same thing as the cruise.  

This really depends on what rate you book at a hotel. The lowest hotel rates are usually the ones where you pay at booking and are nonrefundable. Other rates are more expensive, but have flexibility and can be re-booked at lower rates. Definitely pros and cons to each, but something to be aware of. The vast majority of hotels will not negotiate on those nonrefundable rates. 

24 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

This really depends on what rate you book at a hotel. The lowest hotel rates are usually the ones where you pay at booking and are nonrefundable. Other rates are more expensive, but have flexibility and can be re-booked at lower rates. Definitely pros and cons to each, but something to be aware of. The vast majority of hotels will not negotiate on those nonrefundable rates. 

Yup I am aware of all that and guess I assumed everyone else knows it too!  When booking far enough out, I prefer not to pay at that time and really haven't noticed huge differences in paying upfront or booking as refundable. 

Thanks for helping out anyone who didn't understand my answer above.