Does is the parking garage at Port of Miami ever fill up?

Susie

3 hours ago, Susie said:

The Royal Caribbean Terminal A garage looks large but with all of the large ships Royal has does it ever fill up?  I don't want to plan to park there just to get told it's full and go look somewhere else.  Thanks

I have never personally experienced it, but yes it does. They will direct you to another terminal for parking and provide a shuttle to Terminal A if it happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that it absolutely does. We arrived later than planned due to traffic/weather/general insanity last Sunday (apparently there was flash flooding that caused multiple lanes in the port to be closed last minute, causing utter chaos). There was a sign that said the garage was full, but the attendant told us there were 12 spaces left. When we drove up, the car in front of us took the last legitimate space. Two other cars parallel parked against a random wall. I was too nervous to do that and was anxious that we'd miss the boat if we moved garages, so I asked the attendant where to go and he directed me to squeeze into a little yellow marked-off non-space between two cars. It was a source of semi-anxiety all week as I wasn't 100% sure my car was fine where it was.

19 hours ago, FLTraveler said:

Can confirm that it absolutely does. We arrived later than planned due to traffic/weather/general insanity last Sunday (apparently there was flash flooding that caused multiple lanes in the port to be closed last minute, causing utter chaos). There was a sign that said the garage was full, but the attendant told us there were 12 spaces left. When we drove up, the car in front of us took the last legitimate space. Two other cars parallel parked against a random wall. I was too nervous to do that and was anxious that we'd miss the boat if we moved garages, so I asked the attendant where to go and he directed me to squeeze into a little yellow marked-off non-space between two cars. It was a source of semi-anxiety all week as I wasn't 100% sure my car was fine where it was.

Thank you for info but Oh no!! What time did you arrive at the packing garage? We will be driving from Orlando to Miami port this coming Sunday for Oasis OTSs. 

5 hours ago, Susie said:

Thank you for info but Oh no!! What time did you arrive at the packing garage? We will be driving from Orlando to Miami port this coming Sunday for Oasis OTSs. 

I don't know what I was thinking...We had a 1 p.m. check-in time and left my house in Saint Cloud at 9:45. Google said it was a 3 hour drive. We pulled into the parking garage at 2:15 and found the not-really-legit parking space at 2:30.

Give yourself plenty of extra time, and have so much fun on the cruise!! I miss the Oasis already!

33 minutes ago, FLTraveler said:

I don't know what I was thinking...We had a 1 p.m. check-in time and left my house in Saint Cloud at 9:45. Google said it was a 3 hour drive. We pulled into the parking garage at 2:15 and found the not-really-legit parking space at 2:30.

Give yourself plenty of extra time, and have so much fun on the cruise!! I miss the Oasis already!

Thanks again for reply. We are planing to leave at 8 am from the hotel at Universal Orlando but now I worry. I also got the 1 p.m. check in time. Hopefully we do not get the bad traffic or bad weather that day.

On 11/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, FLTraveler said:

Yes on that Thanksgiving sailing it did fill up, they redirected to parking a terminal J (i belive) and provided shuttle busses back to A.  Talked with a number of folks that had to do this.