How can you tell if the bed is near the slider or the sofa in balcony staterooms on the Oasis Class Ships?

RBRSKI

I much rather prefer to have the sofa by the slider vs the bed in balcony staterooms.  Is there anyway to figure this out on the Oasis class ships?  We are in 11300 on the Harmony on 5/20/2017.

If some rooms have it one way and others a different way, couldn't you just ask your steward to move it around? Somebody has moved it at some point. They do it for bed configuration.

Best I can tell, the sofa is by the balcony.  The cabins alternate, so you if you can find a nearby cabin, you can count off.  There aren't a lot of pictures posted of the Harmony cabins yet, but on the Oasis, the closest posted pictures are from 11318, which has the bed by the balcony and you can count from there suggesting that the couch is by the balcony.

Keep in mind that not all couches are traditional pull out sofa beds.  Some fold down (more futon like).

Copy That!

This is why I am try to get more people to post pictures of the staterooms on this site.  I have a thread titled "Pictures of Staterooms" and this is what I propose.

And when people post pictures of staterooms specifically the threads should be consistent with wording to make it easy to search.  For Example,  

Stateroom Photos "Ship Name" "Stateroom Number" "Category Class" "View"

Stateroom Photos Navigator of the Seas 9270 Balcony Ocean 

Stateroom Photos Harmony of the Seas 12305 Neighborhood Boardwalk

Stateroom Photos Anthem of the Seas 7715 Interior Virtual 

I pulled the information from FLEETWIDE RECATEGORIZATION GRID document.  I was thinking of adding "category description" but thought that was too much. Do you think people would embrace this idea?

Cabins are fabricated in "sets" of 2 - one room has the bed by the balcony and one with the bed by the closets.

Look at the deck plan of the deck you are on.

Find the nearest set of connected staterooms (you will know them by the set of double arrows, indicating  connecting rooms)

Picture yourself in the HALLWAY looking at the cabin doors

The cabin on the right (of the "set" of connecting rooms) will have the bed by the balcony.  The cabin on the left has the bed by the closets.

Then alternate (balcony, closet, balcony, closet) until you get to your room and that is where your bed will be placed.

Make sure you orient yourself in the HALLWAY before you start "counting".

RBRSKI, according to this method, 11300 on Oasis will have the bed by the closet.  You will have to let us know when you get back !!

Cabins are fabricated in "sets" of 2 - one room has the bed by the balcony and one with the bed by the closets.

Look at the deck plan of the deck you are on.

Find the nearest set of connected staterooms (you will know them by the set of double arrows, indicating  connecting rooms)

Picture yourself in the HALLWAY looking at the cabin doors

The cabin on the right (of the "set" of connecting rooms) will have the bed by the balcony.  The cabin on the left has the bed by the closets.

Then alternate (balcony, closet, balcony, closet) until you get to your room and that is where your bed will be placed.

Make sure you orient yourself in the HALLWAY before you start "counting".

RBRSKI, according to this method, 11300 on Oasis will have the bed by the closet.  You will have to let us know when you get back !!

Good Morning,

I sure will post some pictures when we get back.  We can't wait till the Harmony only 40 short days.  We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and the kids aren't coming because of school.  Actually, this will be the first time since they were born we are leaving them for more then two days.  It will be very weird.  

I hope my new posting of staterooms photos takes off.  I certainly take many factors when picking a stateroom and I think pictures help.

Have a good week everyone!

WAAAYTOOO, that guide to figuring out the "pattern" is great! One question -- looking at the deck plans, I see as it gets closer to the hump area that the room "shift" outward and seem to form new "clusters". Following the pattern and finding an aft connecting pair on Anthem, then moving forward towards the hump, I see that the rooms shift and form a new cluster just before where the hump area starts. Do you know if that resets the pattern to where the shift and new "cluster" starts? Or they just account for that when fabricating the rooms and some of those pairs have the shift in location for the hump?

I'm staying in a balcony just before mid-hump (room 9244). If the pattern doesn't reset, then I'll have the bed by the closet. If it does reset, well then...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You're going to love Harmony and while I know you will enjoy having time to yourself this trip, it's kind of a shame the kids will miss this one.  With the water slides and the dry slide, it's a kid's paradise.  Pretty much fun for the adults too though !!

Congratulations and have a blast !!

You're going to love Harmony and while I know you will enjoy having time to yourself this trip, it's kind of a shame the kids will miss this one.  With the water slides and the dry slide, it's a kid's paradise.  Pretty much fun for the adults too though !!

Congratulations and have a blast !!

Oh trust me, they are very lucky children and awesome kids as well, very proud parents.  We were on the Harmony this past thanksgiving for the inaugural voyage.  Check out the pictures I just posted.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:02 AM, JLMoran said:

WAAAYTOOO, that guide to figuring out the "pattern" is great! One question -- looking at the deck plans, I see as it gets closer to the hump area that the room "shift" outward and seem to form new "clusters". Following the pattern and finding an aft connecting pair on Anthem, then moving forward towards the hump, I see that the rooms shift and form a new cluster just before where the hump area starts. Do you know if that resets the pattern to where the shift and new "cluster" starts? Or they just account for that when fabricating the rooms and some of those pairs have the shift in location for the hump?

I'm staying in a balcony just before mid-hump (room 9244). If the pattern doesn't reset, then I'll have the bed by the closet. If it does reset, well then...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I really do not know for SURE but I believe that the pattern continues b/c they are all the same basic cabin size.  I will be interested to find out the answer.  Please let us know when you return,

I did some comparison with the info on the link you attached and looking at stateroom pictures from a different web site and I found 100% match on the ones I compared.  I looked at different decks and different configurations.  Thanks for the info.  Question, do you have to be a member vs the public on that site to gain that type of access?

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

That information is public and totally free. I wouldn't share any restricted data openly. You can find it by yourself choosing first cruise line, then ship and rolling a bit down. There should be "cabin bed configuration" named link at right side of page.

Very Cool, Thanks

On 4/15/2017 at 1:00 PM, Wanderer said:

I don´t know is this information is correct, but I found this kind of listing from cruisedeckplans.com https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/ships/Allure-of-the-Seas/Cabins.php  This should tell bed placement on Allure. There was no similar list of Harmony.

Interesting. No link for Cabin Bed Information on either Freedom or Anthem pages. Maybe this is a really new feature and only available for a couple of ships.

• 2 years later...

Hi. I know this is a really old message (almost 3 yrs!) but since these ships are unchanged, I tried the formula of looking at the deck plan, finding the adjoining rooms, and considering the cabin on the right when facing the doors to have its bed nearest the slider. I counted up one pair of cabins and summarized that my room would have a bed by the slider. But, our cabin layout had the bed by the bath/closet. 

Look at the deck plan of the deck you are on. Anthem of the Seas Deck 7, Port side fwd

Find the nearest set of connected staterooms (you will know them by the set of double arrows, indicating  connecting rooms) 7138+7136

Picture yourself in the HALLWAY looking at the cabin doors 7136 on my right

The cabin on the right (of the "set" of connecting rooms) will have the bed by the balcony.  The cabin on the left has the bed by the closets. backwards

Then alternate (balcony, closet, balcony, closet) until you get to your room and that is where your bed will be placed. Alternate to 7132. 7132 has bed by bathroom

Perhaps this formula doesn't work on Quantum class ships? Anyway it was not an issue for us but wanted to mention it in case others are using this method to count bedrooms on Anthem.

11 hours ago, Robmtx said:

Perhaps this formula doesn't work on Quantum class ships? Anyway it was not an issue for us but wanted to mention it in case others are using this method to count bedrooms on Anthem.

That's correct.  It's only guaranteed to work on Oasis class and even then, it may or may not work on the news areas added during Amplification.  I haven't seen anyone confirm one way or the other.