Repricing Cruise

jlf21

What a mess today! I called to reprice a cruise and they are telling me the deals do not apply to already booked reservations... What?! Isn't that the whole point of repricing- when deals come up you see if the cruise price is lower. Am I missing something here? What other language should I be using?

This is from the RCL website: 

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 75 days prior to the sailing date for 1 - 4 night cruise vacations and 90 days prior to the sailing date for 5-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually have access to your cruise documents 30 days prior to your sailing as long as your reservation is finalized. 

The issue with price change if you already paid in full is it's more complicated because they need to issue you a refund. Still doable, but best if you leave ~$500 off total balance for price drops.

Better yet, book with a TA and let them deal with it!

On 11/18/2022 at 3:18 PM, jlf21 said:

Thanks,  I have not made final payment as the cruise isn't till September. I am not sure what he was talking about- he was saying the cruise was now like 2K more but when I look online it is def not 2k more. Ugh! Today has been frustrating! 

Be aware that the exact category of cabin must be a lower price. 

"Balcony" is not a category.  1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. are all categories. 

It's very common for one category to change price while another does not.    For example, a 2D balcony may drop in price while a 4D balcony increases in price.  You may see a generic balcony at a lower rate but if it is not the exact category you are booked in then the lower rate doesn't apply to you.  If it is before final payment you might be able to switch categories but that comes with changing cabins and you may not like what is available in the cheaper category.  This can also cause a loss of some types of OBC so ask a lot of questions before deciding to change categories.  

Another scenario that catches some guests is when they have 3 or more guests in a cabin then they see rate for a cabin that can only accommodate 2 guests that is lower.  Cabins that can accommodate 3 or more guests are a different category and usually in short supply on most ships compared to cabins that are limited to 2 guest maximum.  Sometimes there is a surplus of 2 guest cabins so they lower the price of them.  That doesn't mean the cabins that can hold 3 or more guests have also dropped in price.  Usually they don't.