Time range for My Time Dining?

ultimate_ed

I have an upcoming cruise in a month on Symphony and MTD was the only option available when I booked.  It's one of the ships where booking shows and dinner ahead of time has come back and I've taken advantage of that...sort of.

The MTD options each night mostly fall within the hour of 7-8pm and there are two nights where I have shows reserved that conflict with any of the available dining slots.

I'm figuring I'll just have to try to do a walk up earlier, but I can't find anything on what the time range is that MTD is actually running on the ship.  Is there a "standard" for this, or does it vary by ship/sailing?

Also, should I expect more MTD reservation options to show up once I get on board?

Worst case we do the Windjammer those nights, but I'm paying for the dining room, so I'd prefer to take advantage of it.

In June we thought we had early MTD reservations, but we had neglected to book each night separately in Cruise Planner.  So we ended up getting 7:45-8:15 reservations which turned out to be very good -- we got the same dining staff each night, the food was brought quickly, and overall timeliness was better.  We were able to find show times that matched our dining.   Now two weeks ago on Vision,  our 6:45 reservations turned out to be a real mess.  No one was finished eating (they started at 6 PM), and not enough 2-top tables were available, so we had a mediocre experience.  One night the walk-ins were seated faster than the folks with reservations.  My advice:  If you can't get 6PM, try for 8ish....

Symphony in Sep 2022, they started seating MTD on deck 3 about 20 minutes after Early traditional started at the table that were un-used.  Even though Early Traditional starts at 5:30 on Deck 3 only (where MTD will seat) most ship have been opening that at 5:01 and encouraging early diners to come at that time.

So far this Fall my experience on other ships also is they start seating MTD 15 or 20 minutes after early traditional starts just as soon as they can find available space. YMMV