Black Friday thread: post the deals you see for your sailing

ScottD

On 11/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, TonyYOW said:

This is a joke. 

Look at the total when you price out internet package for two devices. The total is absolutely wrong and doesn't respect the advertised price for each additional device. 

They are advertising it all day today. When I gave RC a call supervisor told me the advertised price is wrong and they won't honour it. Such a joke. Showing this price all day (still showing right now!), and refusing to sell it for the advertised price? 

Here's 2 devices. It should be $230 CAD, not 302

image.thumb.png.9aeb77b5ce1453007b8b0847658cc2da.png

Booked Surf/Stream...said it was 15.99 for the first device, 13.99 for the second...8 day cruise...total was less than that. Total should have been 239.84 but was 223.92. Regardless, it was only a few dollars more than an original purchase for Surf level.

This morning, I canceled my South Beach Daybed and booked the Coco Beach Club for the lower sale price. (Was $268.99, the sale has it at $148.99) Then, I saw the beverage package was on sale for $62.99 so I canceled the package that I purchased at $72.99 and rebooked it at the lower price.....All before the website went down. I got a confirmation on the canceled items but only got a confirmation on the booked Coco Beach Club. I did not get a confirmation email on the beverage package that I purchased at the lower sale price, however, my credit card was charged and it did show up in my purchased items list before the website went down. It just didn't show that it was 'booked' like everything else in my list did. I wonder if my purchase will be honored, or if I'm gonna have to wait until the smoke clears to repurchase the $72.99 I already had. 🤷‍♀️

Update: The charge for DBP that I did not get a confirmation for (and disappeared from my list of cruise planner purchased items) is no longer pending on my credit card....it is now hard posted. If I can't get Royal to send me a confirmation and list it as purchased on cruise planner,  then I guess I will have to dispute the charge with my cc. 

So frustrating!!

Now that I got everything booked, the next phase begins. Reconciling what the Cruise Planner order history shows, what email confirmations I have, what my credit card was charged and making note of what refunds I'm owed. Most of the CC charges are still pending so need to wait for them to actually post. Already have one inconsistency, booked two lunches, then cancelled them and rebooked them on different days. I have all the correct emails, they show up in the app on the correct days. They are not in my order history and doesn't look like I have the correct CC charges, should be four with two waiting to get refunded, but only have two. So how long to wait before taking additional actions becomes the issue.

1 hour ago, KevinJ said:

Now that I got everything booked, the next phase begins. Reconciling what the Cruise Planner order history shows, what email confirmations I have, what my credit card was charged and making note of what refunds I'm owed. Most of the CC charges are still pending so need to wait for them to actually post. Already have one inconsistency, booked two lunches, then cancelled them and rebooked them on different days. I have all the correct emails, they show up in the app on the correct days. They are not in my order history and doesn't look like I have the correct CC charges, should be four with two waiting to get refunded, but only have two. So how long to wait before taking additional actions becomes the issue.

100% I used Quicken. I use travel category and then created tags for each ship. Considering the "cluster" that is Royal, I hope my strategy streamlines the reconciliation process. Ugh.

4 hours ago, KevinJ said:

Yes, this! I can see it starting to happen on my card but it's not all the way there yet (some legitimate charges are still pending). The ones that were legitimate purchases but then I changed my mind and switched to something else are going to be the most complicated because they should go through as real purchases but then also get refunded.

I have a LOT of pending charges because I kept trying to check out and the system kept looping me back to the planner where I would try again. At some point, I got a fraud warning and even though I confirmed that it was ME doing this on my card, that card wouldn't work with Royal at all after that and I had to start using my backup card. So now I have two cards to keep track of what is happening. Luckily the second card only had 2-3 "pending" that shouldn't actually post because they didn't go through, unlike my first card. 

Ugh. I would hate to be working in the accounting department at Royal right now. What a mess.

21 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

Booked Surf/Stream...said it was 15.99 for the first device, 13.99 for the second...8 day cruise...total was less than that. Total should have been 239.84 but was 223.92. Regardless, it was only a few dollars more than an original purchase for Surf level.

I think they either didn't program the new multi-device pricing correctly or they have it worded wrong on the page.

The price you paid comes out to be 27.99/day which is just about 13.99 x 2.  They used to advertise that the multi-device packages were X per day per device rather than imply the first device will be X and the second, third, etc. will be Y.

My experience was the same on the internet.  First day it wasn't pricing in a discount at all on multiple devices.  I just chilled and this weekend booked.  Our offering was 13.99 and 11.99 thereafter, and adding one was 13.99, but when you increased, it dropped all, even the first one to 11.99, so a few bucks extra savings which I'll happily take.

6 hours ago, Xaa said:

My experience was the same on the internet.  First day it wasn't pricing in a discount at all on multiple devices.  I just chilled and this weekend booked.  Our offering was 13.99 and 11.99 thereafter, and adding one was 13.99, but when you increased, it dropped all, even the first one to 11.99, so a few bucks extra savings which I'll happily take.

Same for me.  I bought one for $13.99 adding a second one for $11.99.  Should equal $181.86 but my total came to $167.86 which means I paid $11.99 for each device.  Not bad.

Did anybody actually score $62.99 for DBP?  It was out there for a quick minute for our SOS February cruise and then it went back to $72.99 and BOGO50%...I only need it for me as the Wife has kidney issue so I'll have to call them....but was hoping to get it for the $62.99  🤨

@Pattycruise @asquared17 

Best deal I have found on Wifi is when combined with deluxe bev package.  Planner won't always show that as an option but I snagged it for our Symphony cruise earlier this year on black friday 2021 at less than $10/day and now again for our Freedom cruise this coming January bev is $$77.99, dxb with wifi is $85.99.

as you may or may not be aware, the key holds very few real benefits and is viewed as a pretty gimmicky offer by most here but there may be some success stories i'm not aware of.

3 hours ago, Mike T said:

Did anybody actually score $62.99 for DBP?  It was out there for a quick minute for our SOS February cruise and then it went back to $72.99 and BOGO50%...I only need it for me as the Wife has kidney issue so I'll have to call them....but was hoping to get it for the $62.99  🤨

I was able to grab it about 3 minutes after the price change was released.  When I added it to cart it would say $72.99 BOGO 50% off but I kept refreshing the page and it finally showed up as $63/pp.  I had to refresh it a couple of times on the checkout page too because the price kept reverting back. 

d47b2c6086a836992b9d7629b6c024dd.png

5 hours ago, dr martini said:

@Pattycruise @asquared17 

Best deal I have found on Wifi is when combined with deluxe bev package.  Planner won't always show that as an option but I snagged it for our Symphony cruise earlier this year on black friday 2021 at less than $10/day and now again for our Freedom cruise this coming January bev is $$77.99, dxb with wifi is $85.99.

as you may or may not be aware, the key holds very few real benefits and is viewed as a pretty gimmicky offer by most here but there may be some success stories i'm not aware of.

good to know!! we wouldn't be good candidates for the deluxe bev package but i am happy to share the knowledge with others!

also DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!

i just called customer service to get my original water packages refunded and got through to an agent in five minutes!! huzzah!!

eta: apparently i have the most un-cancellable water packages known to mankind 😆 because the agent couldn't cancel them either and now we are on hold while he speaks with the resolutions department. either way, he has been very polite and was happy to take the details down for both sailings while i wait on hold. i'm happy to wait knowing they're on it!

15 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

good to know!! we wouldn't be good candidates for the deluxe bev package but i am happy to share the knowledge with others!

also DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!

i just called customer service to get my original water packages refunded and got through to an agent in five minutes!! huzzah!!

eta: apparently i have the most un-cancellable water packages known to mankind 😆 because the agent couldn't cancel them either and now we are on hold while he speaks with the resolutions department. either way, he has been very polite and was happy to take the details down for both sailings while i wait on hold. i'm happy to wait knowing they're on it!

Love it! Stay positive!

update to the wild uncancellable water package(s):

there is a production ticket in with IT because things went haywire ever since friday (it was at this point, i wanted to say to the nice guy, sir, we are well aware of the snafu that has been plaguing the reservations and cruise planners -- but i refrained 😂) so once they can get it resolved, i'll get the cancellation email.

he did say it could take up to 15 days to resolve 😅 but they know the issue and they're working on it. also he confirmed with me several times to ensure that the correct package would be cancelled -- the original purchase at $20+ dollars, rather than the new purchase at $16.50*

(*this was the one i called about and left a message when hold times were upwards of three hours still and they accidentally refunded the new purchase 🙃)

we actually got disconnected at the end of the call and i got a call back within 30 seconds! i was impressed.

in any case!! they are on it!

41 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

And so it begins:

image.thumb.png.e4cae0204d8256a41279af9e14945c01.png

I wish my credit card would reach out like this! I have multiple thousands "pending" and it is making me nervous (90% of them didn't actually buy anything, just cycled me back to the planner). I'm trying to be patient but my card was rejected at two other places recently and I think it because of these pending charges. We always pay our balance in full so it is not for any other reason. I'm glad I have a backup card to use right now!

31 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I wish my credit card would reach out like this! I have multiple thousands "pending" and it is making me nervous (90% of them didn't actually buy anything, just cycled me back to the planner). I'm trying to be patient but my card was rejected at two other places recently and I think it because of these pending charges. We always pay our balance in full so it is not for any other reason. I'm glad I have a backup card to use right now!

Yeh, that is the first of my emails I will receive. Hopefully, I can get this reconciled in the next 3 weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, breeze202 said:

Has anyone received a successful refund for anything canceled in the cruise planner on 11/18? I'm getting a little nervous; usually the refunds show up in 3-5 days, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Still waiting. Lots of posters on other boards also reporting the same. It was all a huge mess so I guess it's going to take longer to work through it all.

Last time I cancelled cp items during a mess (spring 2020 just as covid was shutting everything down) it took 3 months and even then only after my TA intervened on my behalf. 😬

Has anyone received a successful refund for anything canceled in the cruise planner on 11/18? I'm getting a little nervous; usually the refunds show up in 3-5 days, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Yes, but my cancellations and re-bookings were in the wee hours of the morning on the 18th.  Prior to the outage.

Remember that they are probably processing THOUSANDS of refunds from that black friday sale...give it time

5 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i have gotten a refund for one of my water packages but not the other (which was on a different CC).

happy to report, i called the crown and anchor number, got RIGHT through -- and then while i was on the phone, i tried to cancel the outstanding one (as i have many times in the past few weeks) AND IT WORKED!!!!!

i am now in the clear and can cross this off my list!