Black Friday thread: post the deals you see for your sailing

ScottD

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i scored coco cay beach club passes @ 89.99 in the app for our symphony and harmony sailings. they wanted another $10 for odyssey next month and i'm too cheap/would rather put that into voom/key if i can.

except we can't get the key/voom on the app,,,, and it's showing as down for us (same as everyone else) online. i was afraid if i didn't grab the beach club pass, i'd never get it. figured we could cancel it if we had buyers' remorse.

We got the same price for coco beach club next fall on the Wonder. Also Voom Surf and Stream at $13.99 on Quantum from Hawaii next spring.

20 minutes ago, billnye97 said:

Royal should be absolutely ashamed of this roll out. How do you not know or be prepared for your site to get slammed when you have this sale? As a new person to Royal Caribbean this is not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings. For people who are Royal veterans is the website always like this? 

Not too often does it completely shut down like it did today.  Most of the time it works great…no issues.

47 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Not too often does it completely shut down like it did today.  Most of the time it works great…no issues.

I disagree. It has happened several times since August. I think even twice in 4 months is a lot. And let's not forget all the little blurps it has on a daily basis. They need to use/hire different IT people.

i did find that it's a lot easier to do the beverage packages in the app. i was able to get a water package this way and book our coco cay day pass.

one of things you can't do in the app is voom, the key and maybe some of the gifts.

i also repriced my inky octopus set!! saved $12 😍

(guys if i said this already, forgive me. i'm getting delirious)

35 minutes ago, NotPayinExtra said:

I disagree. It has happened several times since August. I think even twice in 4 months is a lot. And let's not forget all the little blurps it has on a daily basis. They need to use/hire different IT people.

I have to agree.  We cruise several lines and I have to say the RCCL web site is not the most user friendly.  I worked in IT for a long time and in my field, this would have been totally unacceptable, as it should be.  It is not very user friendly either.

Nightmare for me today... I thought I was safe cancelling and repurchasing our Labadee beach bungalow through the app since it did not show limited availability. I cancelled the original purchase and immediately went back in... made it to the screen right before the payment screen and it errored out effectively stating no bungalows are available! Noooooooo! Within minutes it updated to sold out!

Just now, I cancelled a purchase through the website as it appeared to be back up. I clicked to complete the purchase and it errored out. It's still in my cart. The charge immediately hit my credit card... uuuggghhh! I wonder if anyone that had this issue was able to rectify it today. I should have known better after reading this thread!

Has anyone been able to get an answer from RC on any extension of the sale pricing (those items listed as "today only/black friday" pricing)? or suggestions on how to purchase items in the cart? I have tried several times to purchase, "pending charges" are showing up on my card, but cart not going through. Major system glitch. Thx

This morning, I canceled my South Beach Daybed and booked the Coco Beach Club for the lower sale price. (Was $268.99, the sale has it at $148.99) Then, I saw the beverage package was on sale for $62.99 so I canceled the package that I purchased at $72.99 and rebooked it at the lower price.....All before the website went down. I got a confirmation on the canceled items but only got a confirmation on the booked Coco Beach Club. I did not get a confirmation email on the beverage package that I purchased at the lower sale price, however, my credit card was charged and it did show up in my purchased items list before the website went down. It just didn't show that it was 'booked' like everything else in my list did. I wonder if my purchase will be honored, or if I'm gonna have to wait until the smoke clears to repurchase the $72.99 I already had. 🤷‍♀️

I'm working night shift now and managed to log in right after midnight.  I don't need it but I've been checking the Deluxe drink package prices for members in our group.  When I first opened it it was $56pd, changed screens to re-book the wife's refreshment package then went back and deluxe was $62.  I let the others know this morning about the $62 as it is still very good deal but the site now is either down or showing $72 when its up.😦

I order the Voom Surf and Stream and enter my cc info.  It kept saying please make sure I enter correctly.  I try 5 times and it still said please enter info correctly.   I checked my cc online it went thru 5 times, and it still wouldn't go thru. This is a nightmare.  Been trying to purchased something since this morning. 😞 

I purchased the Voom Surf and Stream, and while we got a notification from our credit card that the charge went through, it's been about 2 hours and it doesn't show as Reserved on the My Cruise on-line like the other things we booked do.  I haven't gotten an Email confirming, but I didn't get one for our beverage package either, but it says that it's reserved on My Cruise.

Anyone experience this?  Should I call Royal Caribbean to verify that it's booked or wait it out?  Actually, since we moved our reservation to our travel agent, I'm not even sure if I can call, come to think of it.  Since they did charge the card, will they honor the price, even if they raise the cost if something strange happened?

Thanks!  

26 minutes ago, FLTraveler said:

There were two items that I tried to book earlier today (on separate occasions) and was told could not be processed. I then saw that my credit card was charged, so I didn't try again. Several hours later, I got my confirmation emails and saw them in my order history...

Ahh thank you!  I will definitely wait it out then!

We’re over a year out, but I managed to cancel and rebook my deluxe beverage package last night 10pm Hawaii time.

the Black Friday deal read: 35% off precruise savings, and it came to $1040.48 for my husband and I. 

I canceled my original purchase at $1288.28 so it’s a $247.80 savings total. So happy🤗

I checked the site today and it’s now Buy One Get One 50% off, total price $1205.  It’s now more expensive than the deal I purchased last night and odd that it has changed since yesterday, but it’s still a discount from the price they normally offer.

oh, and we’re sailing in December 2023 on Harmony 

858131CA-60B8-4BBF-8DB2-CDA950820735.jpeg

This is a joke. 

Look at the total when you price out internet package for two devices. The total is absolutely wrong and doesn't respect the advertised price for each additional device. 

They are advertising it all day today. When I gave RC a call supervisor told me the advertised price is wrong and they won't honour it. Such a joke. Showing this price all day (still showing right now!), and refusing to sell it for the advertised price? 

Here's 2 devices. It should be $230 CAD, not 302

image.thumb.png.9aeb77b5ce1453007b8b0847658cc2da.png

49 minutes ago, TonyYOW said:

This is a joke. 

Look at the total when you price out internet package for two devices. The total is absolutely wrong and doesn't respect the advertised price for each additional device. 

They are advertising it all day today. When I gave RC a call supervisor told me the advertised price is wrong and they won't honour it. Such a joke. Showing this price all day (still showing right now!), and refusing to sell it for the advertised price? 

Same thing I was getting. But we ended up booking the soda and internet as it worked out cheaper. 

4 hours ago, KevinK said:

I order the Voom Surf and Stream and enter my cc info.  It kept saying please make sure I enter correctly.  I try 5 times and it still said please enter info correctly.   I checked my cc online it went thru 5 times, and it still wouldn't go thru. This is a nightmare.  Been trying to purchased something since this morning. 😞 

OK, a big heads up. Mine went to credit card two times. But still shows in cart in planner and says are you sure your card info is right after clicking to submit purchase. Called credit card. They said both charges original and second try are pending, BUT that doesn't mean they will go through. That it's still in the hands of Royal and they have no choice but to wait and see. Pending doesn't mean a done deal, just an attempt was made and can still disappear and not finalize. That's a quote from the credit card guy. They say it can take 10 business days for them to see if it actually went through or not. I said in 10 days sale will be over. And they said keep trying to work with Royal. They have no idea why Royal kept attempting the charge. So I either have all my planner purchases charge twice or still not at all. Now I have to spend tomorrow endlessly trying to get someone at Royal on the phone to figure out where I stand with my order. It's a total and complete s@#t show! Never have spent this much time trying to spend my money before! I've financed, purchased, and taken home a new car in less time and trouble. Literally.

10 hours ago, karatemom said:

Has anyone been able to get an answer from RC on any extension of the sale pricing (those items listed as "today only/black friday" pricing)? or suggestions on how to purchase items in the cart? I have tried several times to purchase, "pending charges" are showing up on my card, but cart not going through. Major system glitch. Thx

Have you checked for your purchases in the Cruise Planner? Click on your initials in upper right corner while in Cruise Planner, and look at your Order History.  I had my CC notify me that a sale went thru and RCI told me it failed.  I later got an email from RCI for the purchase.  When I looked at Order History, it was there! So the order did go thru.  It is possible the same happened to you, which could explain it not going thru now. 

8 hours ago, TonyYOW said:

This is a joke. 

I too tried this morning with the VS&S. The price was great at $14.99, but when adding an additional device, the price more than doubled. I ended up just getting 2 separate VS&S even though it stated add a second device for just $11.99 it would not process correctly. I don't have time today to hang on the phone trying to get a $3/day fix and refund. 

I really wanted to get the Key but it's still priced too high for me at $30.99. My mental price point is $25 or below. 

My December 2023 cruise out of Orlando went up $75.  I was pricing out a cruise for June of 2023 as well and was stunned at the prices.  I think Royal will have a hard time sustaining these prices if the economy has a downturn.  

I think the pricing will adjust.  If you are willing to pay the current rate, I would book and then closely monitor the rates before you cruise.  

The Black Friday cruise fare sale is basically non-existent.  It is a sale only on Cruise Planner items.

Dang it, got burned by the way the new cruise planner adds the gratuity after in the process. I had the UDP and it looked like the current sale would save me about $60. But after I cancelled my first package the final price cost me $90 more!! Be very care how you reprice some of these packages!

9 hours ago, kmomo said:

We’re over a year out, but I managed to cancel and rebook my deluxe beverage package last night 10pm Hawaii time.

the Black Friday deal read: 35% off precruise savings, and it came to $1040.48 for my husband and I. 

I canceled my original purchase at $1288.28 so it’s a $247.80 savings total. So happy🤗

I checked the site today and it’s now Buy One Get One 50% off, total price $1205.  It’s now more expensive than the deal I purchased last night and odd that it has changed since yesterday, but it’s still a discount from the price they normally offer.

oh, and we’re sailing in December 2023 on Harmony 

858131CA-60B8-4BBF-8DB2-CDA950820735.jpeg

I had to refresh the page a several times (in cart and checkout) and it finally gave me the 35% off option instead of the BOGO 50%.  I don't know if they do this to confuse people or if it's a glitch. 

just trying to cancel my water package from previous orders because we took advantage of the current sale and it won't cancel 😅

still no moment on internet because the two-device price isn't actually cheaper, as another person already mentioned and the key is holding strong at $26.99 a day (was hoping for at least $22)

wondering if they won't allow voom to go down below $15.99 now because of starlink... ugh.

I think the IT dept needs better math skilled talent!  Not sure if anyone else has same deals as mine but my choices are the DBP for $72.99/day and the VOOM Stream/Surf for $14.99 for one device…but the combo lists for $96.99!  Anyone who can’t add in their head is getting completely screwed if they purchase the combo vs single purchases! 
Also as others have mentioned the multiple device purchase of Surf & Stream certainly does not discount the extra devices!  Purchasing 2 devices together actually makes each device cost $15.99 each!  Is advertised as $14.99 for 1st device and $11.99 for the additional one!  
Someone does not know their Math!!!

38 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

For anyone that has a pending charge on their credit card during the issues (where the booking didn't complete) and called Royal, do they have to do something to remove the charge?  Or will it resolve itself and drop off?  (Not calling Royal now as don't want to be on hold for hours)

Last evening I called Royal and they claimed the charge/purchase was not showing in there system and instructed me to call my cc/bank. I called Chase and they assured me that the charge will remain in pending status and if Royal does not actually claim/pull the funds, it will be removed/dropped from the credit card automatically. They did however recommend close monitoring and if the charge goes to a posted status (and is incorrect) to call Chase back to dispute the charges.