Black Friday thread: post the deals you see for your sailing

ScottD

Got done what I could through the app.  Cruising 3/4 on Harmony; CP has not been showing any excursions for Jamaica through yesterday.  Early this morning excursions had magically appeared and had decent discounts, now they are gone!  And I'm wishing I had grabbed that $62.99 DBP while it was there, but I bet that one is not coming back.

Just booked the Refreshment package @ $19.99 for 12 night sailing on the Enchantment OTS from

Baltimore from 11 March 2023 to 23 March 2023.

I did it on the App, my PC indicated RCL's system was under maintiance.

Sign into app, then on first screen where ship is horizontal look near top with the 3 icons and click the ship.

Next screen shows Beverages packages at bottom.

14 minutes ago, Mike T said:

What are the call center hours of operation?  I can't call during the day due to work but could call tonight or over the weekend when I have time to just set the phone on hands free and wait for CSR to answer...

I believe the weekday hours are 8a - 2a Eastern Time.  Weekends are shorter hours...maybe 9a-9p?

3 hours ago, Noah382 said:

My wife and I are on the May 20 Harmony 7 day cruise!

I turned on website change notifications so luckily I was notified about 1am this morning of the new prices.  I was able to cancel the Dolphin royal swim excursion (Cozumel) and rebooked it for a $40 savings difference.

I also went ahead and booked the deluxe drink package $63/pp and The Key $31/pp. I did see a minimal savings on the cruise booking (Balcony OceanView) of maybe $30 but I'm not going to worry about that. 

You're the week after my fiancé and I's honeymoon cruise! I was able to rebook our St. Maarten beach excursion for the cheaper price, but missed that alcohol deal! I'll watch like a hawk to see if drops back from the BOGO, should have woken up earlier!

Maybe we can merge this thread with the "Top 10 Drinks/Cocktails" thread. 

We can drown our sorrows while waiting for the website to come back up. 

I hate to pile on, but I worked 30+ years in IT and whoever is in charge of the RCL IT group should be fired. I never worked for an organization that would put up with these issues. It seems like there is something amiss with the website about every other week. Just a poor showing by IT management.

19 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I wonder if the TA reservation systems are down. @Sharlahow's your day going?

🙂

The system is up and working, but wonky! But I'm so appreciative that they did a whole week of this sale instead of having to take time away from family on Friday to check all reservations! 

Honestly though- not much in the way of savings!

i scored coco cay beach club passes @ 89.99 in the app for our symphony and harmony sailings. they wanted another $10 for odyssey next month and i'm too cheap/would rather put that into voom/key if i can.

except we can't get the key/voom on the app,,,, and it's showing as down for us (same as everyone else) online. i was afraid if i didn't grab the beach club pass, i'd never get it. figured we could cancel it if we had buyers' remorse.

56 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

holy cow we can get back in with the cruise planner!

but yikes the key and voom are NOT well priced 🙃

eta: on the plus side, i did repurchase the octopus set for $12 less!

I check The key for my other 3 bookings.  Original price is $41.99 now is either 30% or 35% off to $28.99 per day.  Not worth it, I was hoping for less than $20 a day.  Also.  Voom Surf + Stream can not be purchased.  It's grey out.

1 hour ago, AdvanceTripper said:

I SWEAR I saw earlier someone said Thrill Water Park at CC was $49.99, but it only comes up at $79.99 for me - not that that's a bad discount (!). 

Unfortunately the pricing is dynamic, so one cruise will have one price, and another be a totally different price.  I've seen people excited that CocoCay Beach Club was $120ish today, while ours was $88.99, and I've seen the low price of $79.99 for yet another cruise.   I can't even try to figure that out.  😂

5 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I just bought the bottled water package thru the app, and it was discounted 50%, so the Black Friday pricing was available.  Of course, the app told me that it didn't go through, but AMEX said it did, and I got an email from RCI.  I love the consistency.  😂

I'm glad to report that I can get in the cruise planner, and this purchase that RCI said failed, then sent an email showing the purchase, is listed in my purchases.  That gives me hope that all of yours will work properly too.  Crossing my fingers for all....

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but I had a website changer notification going on any price changes.  It notified me at 1am of all the updated prices. 

I was able to jump on 1 minute after the updates and I saw the Deluxe Drink Package change from $78/pp to $63/pp which (7 day cruise) which said 35% off.  When I added it to the cart, the price changed back to $78/pp with BOGO 50% which added $200 more to my total. 

I had to refresh the page (both in cart and in checkout) several times to finally get it to stay on the $63/pp price.  Hope this helps someone that might be seeing the BOGO 50% off price instead of the high savings promotion!

1 hour ago, AdvanceTripper said:

I SWEAR I saw earlier someone said Thrill Water Park at CC was $49.99, but it only comes up at $79.99 for me - not that that's a bad discount (!). 

PS - my website is working again for the main site

I got the thrill water park for $48.99 + tax. Total $53.88. That was first thing this morning before everything went haywire. However, I'm still seeing it at that price in the app.

Also got the jeep adventure in Nassau for $68 pp, $20 cheaper than it's been up till now but that one has gone up to $84 pp in the app now. 

Never had any luck with the web site but finally got in using the app and was able to reserve all but Cozumel.  Tour we want does not show up in the available tours list but showed up earlier on the web site.  It was not discounted but not sure that would make it not show up.  I am just happy to have gotten the other 3 at the 35% discount.  Drink package is the same price as when I booked it several months ago.

Royal should be absolutely ashamed of this roll out. How do you not know or be prepared for your site to get slammed when you have this sale? As a new person to Royal Caribbean this is not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings. For people who are Royal veterans is the website always like this?