Black Friday thread: post the deals you see for your sailing

ScottD

27 minutes ago, TravisMA81 said:

This must be what it was like trying to get Taylor Swift presale tickets. 

The DBP is showing 35%off and buy one get one 50%off in cart like everyone else.  I tried to get the water bottle package but it wouldn't let me.  If the deals last for the next week, they'll get it figured out.

oh, the TS presale was a disaster!  I am still recovering.  Haha!  

I tried to cancel a couple items to rebook, but it would not let me.  I also encountered the errors related to the credit card.  Hoping I don't have multiple charges on my card and nothing actually purchased.

While it's down for maintenance, here's a dumb question...

I'm going on a cruise that leaves in 48 hours, so the online cruise planner is locked for me anyway. Would it be possible to call in for Black Friday deals for that cruise, or is everything to do with pre-orders for that cruise already done? (I assume so, but it's worth asking...)

I can view what the deals are but I can't reserve anything. It really frustrates me when a company lets this happen. Like what did you think was going to go on? Traffic would be slammed to your site. Scale up (unless they aren't in the cloud but that would be really surprising).  

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess I was lucky.  I managed to get everything purchased and/or cancelled without any issues.  Early bird and all of that, I guess...

Same here, 5:30 am.  I just would like to go back and get the bottled water @ 50% off.  Now I can't even see my cruises.  😂  Our IT dept has challenges too due to the competition for labor these days, but this makes our team look stellar!

21 minutes ago, jaygee2729 said:

I think RCCL website has crashed. I get a message that the site is down due to maintenance. 

Yes that is what I get on my computer.  I used my Royal App with no issues.  You can reserve drink packages and/or shore excursions through this app.  Unfortunately internet or dining packages do not show up.

2 hours ago, jlf21 said:

Is anyone having trouble checking out their cart. I keep getting an error about my card. I tried multiple cards and still the same error...

2 hours ago, nickpants said:

I have a pending charge on my amex, but it never went through on the website, what a mess!

1 hour ago, AhoyRCL said:

Same for me.  I cancelled some excursions and went to rebook...my Credit Card gave me a push notification of the charge at $495 but the site said it didn't go thru.

The same thing happened to me, I thought it was my card so I tried two times, but then I received a confirmation mail from RC and a notification from my bank, even do the page showed that they couldn't process my card. I'm not sure if I will be charged two times or even if my purchases will be honored by RC. What a mess.

And then I tried to check the suites prices for my sailing but the page keeps showing and error saying that there aren't any connecting cabins available when I'm not searching for connecting cabins, weird. 

2 hours ago, Kat_Ehn_23 said:

I'm having the exact same problem right now for my May Harmony cruise, trying to reprice an excursion and unlimited bev package went down to $62.99/day! Hopefully it's remedied quickly!

My wife and I are on the May 20 Harmony 7 day cruise!

I turned on website change notifications so luckily I was notified about 1am this morning of the new prices.  I was able to cancel the Dolphin royal swim excursion (Cozumel) and rebooked it for a $40 savings difference.

I also went ahead and booked the deluxe drink package $63/pp and The Key $31/pp. I did see a minimal savings on the cruise booking (Balcony OceanView) of maybe $30 but I'm not going to worry about that. 

My Oasis July 2023 cruise prices:

Refreshment pkg = $19.99/day

Soda and VOOM = $18.99/day (that's crazy!!!)

Deluxe Drink pkg = $72.99/day

Deluxe Drink and VOOM = $96.99/day

Cocoa Beach Day pass = $123.99 

Zipline = $53.99

Helium Balloon = $36.99/adult   $21.99/child  (This is pretty cheap since I have not seen the price below $65.99!!!!

16 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

Well I canceled my DBP via of the app. Went to repurchase it was the same price not $62.00 as it was on cruise planner before the crash☹️

I just bought the bottled water package thru the app, and it was discounted 50%, so the Black Friday pricing was available.  Of course, the app told me that it didn't go through, but AMEX said it did, and I got an email from RCI.  I love the consistency.  😂

Is your app updated?  If so, try hard-closing, or logging out, and back in.  See if that changes things.  If not, you may have to wait.  🙁